Multiplayer Help

Nabirius

Chieftain
My friend and I wanted to try a multiplayer game of FFH. However nothing we tried seemed to work. We tried to use the steam invite system, but that sent one of us to regular Civ4 (which works fine for us multiplayer). We tried to just set up an internet game, but we couldn't see the game the other made. We installed Evolve for a VPN, but still neither of us could see a LAN game either. So for those of you that do play FFH online can you give me a guide as to how you all set up and play a game. Also don't discount the possibility that I am simply using Evolve wrong.

I managed to get a Steam multiplayer game working with TheAlphaTurkey (but there was a bit of lag which might be from being at opposite ends of the world).

We got the Civ4 BtS for free on Steam (by sending photos of our original hard copy DVDs) and then we installed FFH2 as a mod for the Steam Civ4 BtS (ie in a subfolder of Steam Civ4 BtS).

We then started Civ4 BtS in Steam and loaded the FFH2 mod. One of us started the game and the other joined. It works, just a bit laggy as I said.

Top Bottom