FFH/BTS & FFH2 - Difference?

solops

Warlord
Will someone please explain what the FFH mod in BTS is with respect to FFH2? I am unfamiliar with any of the FFH mods.

Also, where can I get a manual for the FFH mod included in BTS?

Thanks.

Will someone please explain what the FFH mod in BTS is with respect to FFH2? I am unfamiliar with any of the FFH mods.

Also, where can I get a manual for the FFH mod included in BTS?

Thanks.

Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice (AoI) is included with BtS. It is a single scenario where you play out the conflict between the Amurites and the Illians in the 3rd Age of Men. It uses a fixed map with a specific objective, character, etc. It is a good introduction to FfH and I'd highly recommend trying it out before you play a game of FfH2.

Fall from Heaven 2 is the most popular mod for Civ4. Chronologically it takes place after the events in AoI and it is not just a scenario, but a full mod with 21 different playable civilizations. Its an epic game with lots of different game modes, options, features, and its own set of 18 scenarios you can play.

There is no manual for AoI. But it is relatively simple to pickup and there are a lot of entries in the concepts section that go over all of the new features.

I wish to add some new questions as there are so kind people out here ;)

I already knew those things so the next are: what is Fall Further project, in detail?

I already noticed about the RifE project so I will not ask on it. But there are so many FFH modmods that a full chronology could really help noobies like us...

I wish to add some new questions as there are so kind people out here ;)

I already knew those things so the next are: what is Fall Further project, in detail?

I already noticed about the RifE project so I will not ask on it. But there are so many FFH modmods that a full chronology could really help noobies like us...

There are a lot of threads onthis topic but few are complete and many have changed. Here is one:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=373278

I think Fall Further was the first 'major' ModMod, which was largely providing more content, but I think over time added some more original material. Orbis was a major Modmod that changed things quite a bit. Fall Further 2 which morphed into RiFe added a lot of both I think. Wildmana morphed into Master of Mana also had a lot of changes, particularly to AI. Magister Modmod had a lot of changes.

All are considered very good depending on exactly what you want to see from the 'main' mod. I think those are the 'main' Modmods but other people would know better than I.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Thanks.

There are so many it is nearly impossible to have a clear full overview w/out searching each of them.... and it would take a whole life...

I will check the topic you linked, thanks a lot again.

UPDATE:

I just finished reading the whole thread.

Thanks again, it cleared somehow the matter for me.

As I can see the differences are:

Wild Mana: Best mod for stability and AI.

Orbis: Economic mod.

Fall Further: What RifE is based on, with additional content.

Tell me if I have forgotten something.

master of mana has a very unique system of how spells are researched like techs and are cast.

orbis has nice forts and fort commanders.

fall further has a nice system of great person buildings that let you buy items and equipment, such as a master smithy who gives upgraded armor/swords to melee units. there is one for recon, spells, archers, etc.

rife has an equipment system too but it works very differently - it also has a launcher of its own. you can download modules from the RiFE site and operate it kind of like Civ5's mod system. that is, there are a lot of small, modular mods such as Panvio (a civ of nomads). These modular mods can be installed and activated at the same time and works pretty nicely.

Wild Mana is an older version of MoM and is hard to find the download link to - most links are dead and i am not aware of a link to any version of wild mana. it does not have master of mana spellcasting system - so it feels more like a normal erebus game and it has about a thousand options in the menu to choose from. i have magister modmod but not a version that works with my version of wildmana.

i hope this helps describe a little bit the gameplay experience difference of the erebus mods. my personal favorite is RiFE because it still gets updated and wild mana because it does everything i want it to do. i love MoM but sometimes im just not in the mood to deal with its global spellcasting system, especially when the AI does nothing but summon balors.

awakening of the dragons is the funnest erebus game option, i won't spoil it for you but get a ranger and research poisons and animal mastery so you can tame beasts and become the master of dragons. once, i collected 8 dragons - i have captured acheron and in some erebus mods i have caught every legend dragon and monster (like gurid and margalard) to spawn. it feels so great.

Top Bottom