Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Well, I tested it out and it works for me...

Title of the group = name of the group?

That's because you're a mod, and I am not, since that option does not come up for me.

What's with all the spam threads about jerseys?

Maybe any thread with "Jersey" in the title should be subject to mod approval. There's loads of them lately.

I was just looking at the Calendar feature and see that the number of birthdays there and the number on the main forum page are wildly different. And explanation as to why?

I just took a brief glance, and it looks like today's birthdays are showing just a portion of the total birthdays for the day.

This could explain why some people miss out on birthday threads. Is there any way to fix it so all the birthdays are listed?

It might be an option to decrease the server load. I really don't know all that goes on at the admin level, and what all they've done to decrease the server load.

If I were programming the software, I would probably set it up so the birthdays on the front page are from current members who've logged in within a certain time frame. But that's just how I'd do it.

Or maybe the only ones listed are from the people who have opted to make their birthdays public. If they're set to private, they wouldn't be listed on the front page, would they? But the system still might be counting everybody's birthday on that day, just keeping the private ones unlisted.

Or maybe the only ones listed are from the people who have opted to make their birthdays public. If they're set to private, they wouldn't be listed on the front page, would they? But the system still might be counting everybody's birthday on that day, just keeping the private ones unlisted.

That was my theory too, but it doesn't seem to work that way.
I've got mine set to "display age only" and I know it didn't show on the front page when my birthday was and now I've just checked the calendar and it doesn't show there either.

On the forum I run the softwares designed to only show the birthdays of people whove posted iin the last 30 days I think.

Excluding birthdays of people who haven't logged in in a long time seems to me the explanation that makes the most sense. :dunno: Because if you look at the listings, some have an age listed, and others do not.

A question: in the Questions thread recently I asked a question and somoen answered. But now both are gone and I didnt get a moderator action. Did the database crash again or were they deleted?

They were deleted.
As is stated in forum rules spam can be deleted on sight.

If two members fight a lot can the moderators force them to ignore each other with a special list?

If someone creates an invite only social group, can they disinvite someone if they become a problem later on?

Top Bottom