EFZI2 Complete - December 22, 2012

Yeah, it's gunman diplomacy.

Authorites, Level Mature.
Another win just in the nick of time!

*I got about 6 nukes which really helped . . . of course I thought they would do more damage than they did, I've never used nukes in a civ game before. I thought the nuke would wipe out the whole city, unfortunately it just takes out most of the defenders - not all of them. :(

Next up, Farmers. They look like the hardest civ because they have to win by conquest yet they only start with 4 cities.

WARNING! Clicking "b" to bombard with prospectors causes them to join city.

I just lost 3 prospectors on my first turn before I figured out what was happening.

I'm going to remove the option to join cities for prospectors since there is no "undo" button in civ and I hate loading a save just to redo one action. And using the bombard key is kind of important in this scenario.

Turns get too long and tedious I find, as the shooting units have to be told one by one where and when to shoot.

I just lost 3 prospectors on my first turn before I figured out what was happening.

I'm going to remove the option to join cities for prospectors since there is no "undo" button in civ and I hate loading a save just to redo one action. And using the bombard key is kind of important in this scenario.

Yeah that is a frustration of mine also, but for those units i have made certain that I use my mouse for that instead of the keyboard when they are in a city. I'd wish there was an easier way.

Nwoll... Yes, that Key affects the Prospectors because they can join the population of a building. Because the Prospectors can Bombard=Lethal Shoot, the "B" Key is also the Keyboard Shortcut Key to join a Building. The Game automatically uses the "B" Keyboard Shortcut Key to join a population even if the unit has the Bombardment ability... If the prospectors were not able to join the population, they would not be affected by the same "B" Command Key.

If the Join Flag was removed from Prospectors, Only the Human Player could use them for Worker Actions such as irrigation. The AI must have the Join Flag to use worker actions to Terraform.

The reason Prospectors require one population to build is to help limit them. Zeb's Farm and the Coffee Plantation produce Mass Food and population growth when irrigated.

... Yes, it is best to use the mouse and Game Keys on the Game Screen for Lethal Shooting rather than the "B" Keyboard Shortcut Key, at least for Prospectors. Prospectors are the only unit affected by this because they can Lethal Shoot, Join the population and Terraform.
...No way to solve this other than removing either Terraform or Lethal Bombardment... or simply Un-Flag "Join City" for them so ONLY the Human Player could use their Worker Abilities. The AI is intended to have all of the Prospector abilities.

Indeed I see them occasionally working on some tiles.

A great tactic for the Survivors is to drive around shooting whatever you can, you push the Zombies' line further back and if possible you can help the other AIs defend their territory.

Vuldacon, beware. Back when it was simply EFZI II - The Remake, not only was it less campy, but it having less of the common buildings that spawned units everywhere meant that there were more differences between all the factions. It wasn't as strong as Terran - Zerg - Protoss, but the differences were there. Now everyone has cars, and shooters, and they can all capture the Cruiser facility or the Chemicals Plant or other places.

Damn. That is all I can say. This is so impressive. I remember when King Arthur uploaded his first version of this scenario in, what, 2003 maybe? Sheesh!

Nwoll... Yes, that Key affects the Prospectors because they can join the population of a building. Because the Prospectors can Bombard=Lethal Shoot, the "B" Key is also the Keyboard Shortcut Key to join a Building. The Game automatically uses the "B" Keyboard Shortcut Key to join a population even if the unit has the Bombardment ability... If the prospectors were not able to join the population, they would not be affected by the same "B" Command Key.

If the Join Flag was removed from Prospectors, Only the Human Player could use them for Worker Actions such as irrigation. The AI must have the Join Flag to use worker actions to Terraform.

The reason Prospectors require one population to build is to help limit them. Zeb's Farm and the Coffee Plantation produce Mass Food and population growth when irrigated.

... Yes, it is best to use the mouse and Game Keys on the Game Screen for Lethal Shooting rather than the "B" Keyboard Shortcut Key, at least for Prospectors. Prospectors are the only unit affected by this because they can Lethal Shoot, Join the population and Terraform.
...No way to solve this other than removing either Terraform or Lethal Bombardment... or simply Un-Flag "Join City" for them so ONLY the Human Player could use their Worker Abilities. The AI is intended to have all of the Prospector abilities.

*Maybe* am mistaken, but I seem to remember that there is a file somewhere that you can use to re-map shortcut keys. I seem to remember that the WH2.0 mod remapped some of them. That might be a fix for that if it exists.

Also, I would probably use automate bombard to get past the long turn times. But when you pick a new target though, I think you have to do it manually for all of them again.

Also, I would probably use automate bombard to get past the long turn times. But when you pick a new target though, I think you have to do it manually for all of them again.
Automate bombard will also destroy any improvements before it stops. Cutting off a road to a valuable resource that you have spent a lot of time & units to build can be frustrating.

Top Bottom