Announcing BUFFY

BUFFY is only installed to its own folder in the Mods folder. If you don't load it, it cannot interfere with BTS. This means there must be some other mod or file in CustomAssets that is failing, or your original BTS files have become corrupted. The last seems unlikely since BUFFY uses the original BTS files too.

You could uninstall BUFFY to make sure, but I doubt you'll see a difference. BTW, when you posted before I replied, was BTS working while BUFFY wasn't? I'm unclear now what exactly was happening. Did you create the folders that I posted above? And that somehow broke BTS?

No it was the same thing.
because i also believe it wasnt BUFFY that causes the crash i started a new topic in tech support.

Link

I really dont understand why this happend it was a fresh install from start.
(the whole civ+exp+mods)

I searched for a solution but didnt find a way to get rid of that annoying Alt-CTRL-O message from BUFFY

Is there a way to remove it from screen?

I FOUND OUT WHAT CAUSED THE ERROR!!!

It is a part of BUFFY that caused the game to break in pieces.
Well actually its the Sevopedia part that causes the error.

When i installed BUFFY on my fresh install it again gave the same errors
Movies wrong installed, No Civilpedia, no interface. (i didnt run BUFFY but a normal BtS game!)
So i thought of removing buffy, and the game runs fine after removing.

But i liked the Sevopedia so i downloaded the 2.2 standalone version.
It broke my game.

So its not BUFFY but the Sevopedia.

I will look if i can find anything to solve this problem.
In the meantime i hope someone can help me out because so far i didnt find a solution about this...

Wait a sec; Sevopedia is compatible with BtS alright?!?!?

Thats the only thing i maybe overlooked...

I searched for a solution but didnt find a way to get rid of that annoying Alt-CTRL-O message from BUFFY

Is there a way to remove it from screen?
Yes - open the BUG / BUFFY option screen - there is an option on one of the screens to remove that flashing message. IIRC, it is on the system tab.

Wait a sec; Sevopedia is compatible with BtS alright?!?!?
Yes it is. It works perfectly for me.

Thank you for explaining, although its the Sevopedia that causes it at my pc.
I even double checked it.

And its a shame because its such a neat program and i cant use it...
And i have absolutly no clue why, how, where, etc...

@WRobN - This is really strange. When you install BUFFY, it is placed into a subfolder of the Mods folder in BTS. If you launch BTS alone--without BUFFY--it shouldn't look in that folder at all.

I assume that when you installed Sevopedia alone you placed it into the CustomAssets folder, right? This means that is always loads and could cause a problem, but of course we all run Sevopedia fine with BTS.

Can you please post the answers to all the questions on our Troubleshooting page? Also, post the contents of your PythonErr.log and PythonDbg.log files in the My Games / BTS / Logs folder.

I assume that when you installed Sevopedia alone you placed it into the CustomAssets folder, right? This means that is always loads and could cause a problem, but of course we all run Sevopedia fine with BTS.

Hmm you have a point there, instead of CustomAssets is there another place to put it so the NEXT GEN Mod works with it, and without conflicts to the BUFFY Mod?

Sorry to post this here but im off for tonight and didnt want to start a topic on short base.

Yes, create a mod for it by creating a new folder called Sevopedia in My Games / BTS / Mods. In that folder, create a folder called Assets and place the Sevopedia files into it. You should end up with something like this:

Code:
My Games/
  Beyond the Sword/
    Mods/
      Sevopedia/
        Assets/
          Python/
            SevoPedia/
              SevoPediaMain.py

Then load it just like any other mod via MAIN MENU : ADVANCED : LOAD A MOD.

Can we get a city preview when we are offered a chance to disband a city or install a governer after a culture flip, just like when conquering a city?

I've added this to BULL. It will go into the next BUFFY release (v3) unless there's a reason to leave it out.

Hi guys,

Just getting back into Civ4 after long hiatus, loving this mod's featurelist.

Thought I'd let you know, since I noticed: Thatthe Buffy Wiki - Tick Marks Page has the incorrect image, (from GPT warning.)

I recently bought the Complete edition. Had problems with Buffy like the ones on the thread, but finally managed to fix them (I have a Vista)
Still, I can't play the latest GOMT.
I have downloaded it on my computer, but when I tried to load it on BtS+BUFFY, I got the following message: "Cannot load. Version 302, expected version 301 or lower."
I'd appreciate your help very much; thank you!

I recently bought the Complete edition. Had problems with Buffy like the ones on the thread, but finally managed to fix them (I have a Vista)
Still, I can't play the latest GOMT.
I have downloaded it on my computer, but when I tried to load it on BtS+BUFFY, I got the following message: "Cannot load. Version 302, expected version 301 or lower."
I'd appreciate your help very much; thank you!
Version 302 is the save file format introduced with BTS Patch 3.19. I am guessing you haven't patched your game. You should make sure Vanilla Civ4 is patched to 1.74 first. If you still have problems there is an AssetChecker program you can download to see what's wrong. There are also Vista Fixes you should do to make sure everything works with BUFFY properly.

I realize I'm nearly a year late; but is BUFFY, perchance, a Vampire Slayer? :p
Sort of. I got confused with the name of BULL and called it BUFF in a chat session. ruff_hi added the 'Y'. No doubt inspired by a certain Vampire show. (I don't know if he has ever said one way or another.) After that the name seemed to take on a life of it own.

Version 302 is the save file format introduced with BTS Patch 3.19. I am guessing you haven't patched your game. You should make sure Vanilla Civ4 is patched to 1.74 first. If you still have problems there is an AssetChecker program you can download to see what's wrong. There are also Vista Fixes you should do to make sure everything works with BUFFY properly.

Thanks a lot for traying to help me!
Sorry to continue bothering you with stupid questions, but the DVD is sold with the 3.19 Patch, so I thought I don't need to do anything about this. Am I wrong?
BTW, the Vanilla ran OK, and there the 1.74 Patch was on the DVD as well, but running.

There might be something I have done that can help explain the situation though: I read in the GMOT instructions that 3.17 Patch is requirted, and have downloaded it from the recommended site. I am not sure whether I did it onto the folder of BtS, but could this be of some issue? And do I need to reinstall everything? Sorry, I am very incompetent with regard to computers and software...

Thanks a lot for traying to help me!
Sorry to continue bothering you with stupid questions, but the DVD is sold with the 3.19 Patch, so I thought I don't need to do anything about this. Am I wrong?
BTW, the Vanilla ran OK, and there the 1.74 Patch was on the DVD as well, but running.

There might be something I have done that can help explain the situation though: I read in the GMOT instructions that 3.17 Patch is requirted, and have downloaded it from the recommended site. I am not sure whether I did it onto the folder of BtS, but could this be of some issue? And do I need to reinstall everything? Sorry, I am very incompetent with regard to computers and software...

That doesn't sound like a current GOTM then. 3.17 is pretty old. If it came already patched to 3.19 you can't get there. Otherwise, you can reinstall and patch to 3.17 and try that.

That doesn't sound like a current GOTM then. 3.17 is pretty old. If it came already patched to 3.19 you can't get there. Otherwise, you can reinstall and patch to 3.17 and try that.

Well, it's actually the BOTM 32 due next week. I just lost two weeks trying to fix the problems associated with making the BUFFY start, then making the BtS start with the Buffy, now I can't get the downloaded save start - getting the lower than 302 warning. Anyway, I'll try the AssetChecker and see whether something comes up. Sorry for all the rant but I really wanted to get a decent GOTM played to compare with what the better gamers do... Especially that I did an awful mistake in the vanilla GOTM (Isabelle) raising a city I should have kept...

Had alot of issues getting rid of the HoF error for HoF eligabilty. Finally got the problem solved after 3 days lol. Now having another issue. Says that my assets are not from standard install. Any ideas how to fix? I'll post picture of error in spoilers. Any help would be grateful. I am running vista.

Spoiler :

Thanks Mike

Had alot of issues getting rid of the HoF error for HoF eligabilty. Finally got the problem solved after 3 days lol. Now having another issue. Says that my assets are not from standard install. Any ideas how to fix? I'll post picture of error in spoilers. Any help would be grateful. I am running vista.

Spoiler :

Thanks Mike
Download the Assetchecker to see what is different. Send the results to hof.civfanatics@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Top Bottom