Caveman 2 Cosmos

can you give us a teaser of the improvments that you have added to the mod

Come on guys test it so that it can be uploaded.

I'm going to lose my internet for awhile some time in the next few days, I would like to download the update before that happens. :(

can you give us a teaser of the improvments that you have added to the mod

Just updated the CHANGE LOG into the mod stuff, see post # 4

Come on guys test it so that it can be uploaded.

I'm going to lose my internet for awhile some time in the next few days, I would like to download the update before that happens. :(

I'll try and get it up by then but no guarantees, didnt have but one person want to test, so, its going to be a beta type, hit and miss kinda thing, if it works fine, if not, i tried.

It should be in: Local Disk C:Drive/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Next War Advanced

It is in that file.

OK just updated to version 1, effective 11 PM, 18 Sep

Ton and tons of new stuff, see post # 4 for a more detailed list.

This version was not fully tested, so it is what it is.

If Things arent right, post them so i can get them corrected thx.

I changed the siege weapons alittle, let me know if you like it or not.

hello!

first of all: I love this mod! in my opinion one of the very best!

I´m loading version 1 but I have questions:

In the last version I have a german infantry unit with a ******ed bug: It has no head!!!! instead an arm is growing out of the body: super-nazi-genetic-mutant???? :lol::lol::lol:

no serious: I´m not going to end this game because of that... can I implement another moddel by myself? (have no modding experience)

(how can I make a screenshot in game, I can show u if u want...)

another thing is a cleopatra leader bug I think:

I played 400 turns without MAF. now I get a MAF crash when I try to negotiate with cleopatra... only with her, after loading everything is fine until the next 10 rounds, then again MAF...

anyway, great mod!

regards

This mod is great but... After a hundred or so turns it crash when trying to go to the next turn, and keep crashing even if i reload the game and try again.

I started 2 games and it happened in both. My settings are standard map, 12 AIs, modern age. Im using Windows XP Pro SP3.

Any idea about how to solve this?

Thx

This mod is great but... After a hundred or so turns it crash when trying to go to the next turn, and keep crashing even if i reload the game and try again.

I started 2 games and it happened in both. My settings are standard map, 12 AIs, modern age. Im using Windows XP Pro SP3.

Any idea about how to solve this?

Thx

See post # 8, para 8. Last part of it, thx. And what version, cause right now i can only deal with version 1.

this mod is great, though i noticed your new version uses some stuff from thomas' war 2.8 (some of the quests and the terrain feature / events) and you don't credit it :mischief: though, i'm sure thomas doesn't mind.

can't wait till you add the huns (personal favorite)

gave it a A+ rating

Great mod! I've just started my first game and its awfully fun so far. I like capturing animals, but could they stay with hidden nationalities like in FFH2? I love shredding enemy empires with uber animals without declaring war! :)

I should probably save up a number of typos, but I'll start with just this one: "Pack of lions" should be called "Lion pride" or just "Lion".

Comment section: Could you use Union or Confederacy units from the American Civil War mod ? Also, Hood was a lousy general - why don't you use Albert Johnston instead? Jefferson looks way too young. To fit their actual personalities, Jackson and Sherman should be aggressive and Longstreet and Grant should be protective.

See post # 8, para 8. Last part of it, thx. And what version, cause right now i can only deal with version 1.

Here it is. Im using last version 1.0 also.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1915-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    192.5 KB · Views: 97
Here it is. Im using last version 1.0 also.

OK i looked at this and it does indeed crash to desktop, but the weird thing about it, is that its a transport error.
The civ Carthage is building a transport and if i take the transport out it works fine, if its in it crashes. But there are no errors on the transport itself, its the one from Civ Vanilla?? Weird. Must be some kind of a hiccup or something, all i can tell you for now is go into the game and take out the transport and it works fine.:confused:

btw Welcome to CFC>

hello!

Will the carthago transport crash any game in 1.0??? :confused:

how can I take out the transport from game?

thx

Thanks for your wellcome and your work :). So... how can i take out that transport thing? :crazyeye:

hello!

Will the carthago transport crash any game in 1.0??? :confused:

how can I take out the transport from game?

I dont know, i have a hard time just trying to get that far sometimes, because of all my changes, i play only current changes, so that makes its hard, but as far as the transport goes, it shouldn't make a crash, i really think its was just a hiccup. Civ4 does that every now and then. Alot of crashes there are really nothing you can do, thats just Civ4.

thx

Thanks for your welcome and your work :). So... how can i take out that transport thing? :crazyeye:

OK, when you first start to plat that savedgame you sent, open it in the WB, and go over to the (Orange) civ (Carthage) you will be the city that is building the transport. Put it on edit city and delete the transport being built, i believe that will do it.

ok, I have another question (because I´m a hardcore NWA fan) :)

I started a great game with 1.0, it´s year 1250 and my civ is sooo much stronger than any other.

I play on marathon / noble setting...

All my other games in Civ 4 never went that fast... (even If I had such a good position from the beginning). It´s so addictive to become the imperial-world-power. :p:p:p

what are the recommended game settings (map?) for this version (1.0)? I just have the feeling that I advanced too fast with my sciences... (ok, I built a lot universities and world wonders pushing my science also) but anyway

thx for the replies!

regards

Found some quirks with the Mod, Being a Canadian, i loved that you added them, but i keep getting sound errors (the units say nothing and the cities dont have the civ song) i dont know if its just my computer or somthing wrong with the mod.

Also i was playing as (Nazi) Germany, and i noticed that the musketman (i think) had no animation and just stuck his arms out, like he was doing jumping jacks or somthing.
Also i notice that the Stuka Dive bomber was called the TEXT_KEY_UNIT_STUKA. Some civs have no music when engaging in diplomacy.Again i wouldnt know it its the mod or my computer.

I created this map, and added some pics to help you out.
Im using Next War Advanced v001 and my current game is patched to 3.17

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword 2008-09-20 15-29-22-09.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2008-09-20 15-29-22-09.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Civ4BeyondSword 2008-09-20 15-18-34-06.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2008-09-20 15-18-34-06.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Problems.CivBeyondSwordSave
    11.5 KB · Views: 82
ANYWAYS, apart from my problems, Id have to give the mod a 7.9. Much of the Civopedia is still missing alot of the descriptions, and there are still some bugs and unfinished civs with no sounds and such. I do know that its going to take a long time to refine this mod into something real, and its far from finished, when it is though, its going to really kick some major A:D:D!!!!! This is some fine stuff man.

ok, I have another question (because I´m a hardcore NWA fan) :)

I started a great game with 1.0, it´s year 1250 and my civ is sooo much stronger than any other.

I play on marathon / noble setting...

All my other games in Civ 4 never went that fast... (even If I had such a good position from the beginning). It´s so addictive to become the imperial-world-power. :p:p:p

what are the recommended game settings (map?) for this version (1.0)? I just have the feeling that I advanced too fast with my sciences... (ok, I built a lot universities and world wonders pushing my science also) but anyway

thx for the replies!

regards

Yeah thats the best setting to play on, now try a few of the ones i have in the scenario area, like perfect world etc, i think you'll like it, never know.
And thx for the kind words.

Found some quirks with the Mod, Being a Canadian, i loved that you added them, but i keep getting sound errors (the units say nothing and the cities dont have the civ song) i dont know if its just my computer or somthing wrong with the mod.

Also i was playing as (Nazi) Germany, and i noticed that the musketman (i think) had no animation and just stuck his arms out, like he was doing jumping jacks or somthing.
Also i notice that the Stuka Dive bomber was called the TEXT_KEY_UNIT_STUKA. Some civs have no music when engaging in diplomacy.Again i wouldnt know it its the mod or my computer.

I created this map, and added some pics to help you out.
Im using Next War Advanced v001 and my current game is patched to 3.17

Yeah i noticed that Stuka problem also last week, but i didnt get to it in time for the last update, but its now updated for the next one.
And i looked at the Canada MOD itself and i just copy and pasted the unit there from that mod, i tried all kinds of different ways to get it to work and finally got this to work:

<KFM>Art/Units/Unique/America/NavySEAL/NavySeal.kfm</KFM>

I wont be making an update for some time, so if you want or anybody else wants to change that part here it is, under JTF2.

OK i cant test the musketman out until i play a game all the way to middle ages with the nazi civ, and right now i am to busy to test, but heres a change you might want to try and see if it works??

<KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>

ANYWAYS, apart from my problems, Id have to give the mod a 7.9. Much of the Civopedia is still missing alot of the descriptions, and there are still some bugs and unfinished civs with no sounds and such. I do know that its going to take a long time to refine this mod into something real, and its far from finished, when it is though, its going to really kick some major A:D:D!!!!! This is some fine stuff man.

I agree with some of the diplo's, and some other sounds, i haven't finished on those yet, thats more or less a last thing to work on. Its nice and all but, its better to have a nice looking and playable game, and like you said, its not there yet, but getting there. But you got to realize FfH2 is now going into its 3rd year of fixing things, so i dont feel to bad, its only three months or less OLD, :p

And he has like between 5 and 15 people that are helping out also, i am just ME!!

Top Bottom