Ideas for Total War games after Empire.

Yes, exactly.

All I am saying is, the games times spans should not be back to back.
:confused: I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to prove here, or what you're trying to say, anymore. So I'm done.

So it's basically exactly like comparing CA making a fantasy-set game to Third Age: Total War? Huh. :smug:

No because except for Empire the games are already focused on melee combat which is what a fantasy version would be, they wouldn't have to try and imitate something the engine isn't designed for

No because except for Empire the games are already focused on melee combat which is what a fantasy version would be, they wouldn't have to try and imitate something the engine isn't designed for
Don't fantasy games have like orcs and dragons and magic and crap like that? Wouldn't you have to put that in the game too? Seems like a fairly major mechanics problem.

Humanoids swinging weapons is no big deal.

Nor is the Magic, there are mods for M2 where players have changed the cannon shots to come from players hands essentially : http://img246.imageshack.us/i/magicon1.jpg/

The dragon stuff would be hard.

But, there are more realistic fantasy worlds they could do Such as "A Song of Ice and Fire Total War" etc.

Or they could just make one up, which would be great IMO.

Why? If they flesh out the world themselves then they will be more dedicated to getting it right.

Orcs and elves have been done (LotR mods), they are simply more humanoids. You don't need dragons in a fantasy game, large land based or ocean based creatures would be easy enough to do. No idea about flying dragons

I thought the height models of the Mûmakil were done pretty nicely in comparison with the tiny elephants in MTW, also what about that troll action?

TW is more of a historical rather than a fantasy game. I VOTE CHINA TOTAL WAR!!!!!

Six Dynasties (Chinese: 六朝; Pinyin: Liù Cháo) is a collective noun for six Chinese dynasties during the periods of the Three Kingdoms (220–280 AD), Jin Dynasty (265–420), and Southern and Northern Dynasties (420–589).

This period immediately followed the fall of the Han Dynasty in 220 AD, and was a period of disunity, instability and warfare. The period ended when Emperor Wen of Sui reunified Southern and Northern China and the Sui Dynasty began.

The term generally refers to two groupings of dynasties during that period:

Six dynasties with capitals in Jiankang (the modern day Nanjing), and
Six dynasties with legitimate lineage.

Yes this is directly copied from wikipedia.
CHINA FTW!!!

Neolithic: Total War!

It'd be great! Wage prehistoric warfare against your opponents. You'd start off in the hunter gatherer era and then advance into the start of the iron age with farms and iron weapons.

Neolithic: Total War!

It'd be great! Wage prehistoric warfare against your opponents. You'd start off in the hunter gatherer era and then advance into the start of the iron age with farms and iron weapons.

It'd be more indepth than Age of Empires of course. :mad:

Thatis nowhere near the same thing.

It does exactly what you asked. Also until the Bronze Age there really wouldn't be units of soldiers as units are represented in the Total War games either. And you'd have small unit sizes for a long time.

He didn't ask for it! :king:

He wanted a game which goes from the Neolithic era to the Iron Age, which is exactly what Age of Empires does, albeit with different gameplay.

Top Bottom