Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

HOWEVER we seek to be virtuous. Or at least should be.

-Jwitti, MoE :ninja:

@Jeoshua: Wait, I haven't said ANYTHING about "bleh bleh bleh the government is illegal". That's only been Chirstos. Sure, I've said that the Government is terrible, but I haven't said anything about you not winning fairly.

EDIT OCC: Isn't it scary that LH is saying that the people of Japan might vote for OoS in the next election? Brown pants.

I see nothing scary about that.

I see nothing scary about that.

OCC: You're the head of OoS! Of course you don't!

In all seriousness, I found 1984 the scariest and most depressing book I have ever read. It's just depressing.

@Jeoshua: Wait, I haven't said ANYTHING about "bleh bleh bleh the government is illegal". That's only been Chirstos. Sure, I've said that the Government is terrible, but I haven't said anything about you not winning fairly.

EDIT OCC: Isn't it scary that LH is saying that the people of Japan might vote for OoS in the next election? Brown pants.

I happen to be fairly certain that persons amongst the opposition plan general strikes, VoNc'S, armed revolitiosn and all that crap. I might also add that the very first thing that emerged from the opposition was a challenge of the validity of the election! If that does not show that at least some, perhaps a significant portion, of people in the opposition are acting like petulant children who haven't got there way then I don't know what does (although I add there are actually people with decorum, like Nuke, they have my graitutude and some measure of respect compared to the rest). You may not personally think such things, but there is no mistake that some amongst the opposition do.

Now I do hope that the initial outrage of losing passes and that you collectively have a nice drink and a sit down before starting to actually think about the greater good, and before starting to actually talk and work with me and the coalition rather than throwing bile in our direction. I have offered you a generous opportunity for bipartisan co-operation, and I have refrained from attacking the opposition as I could in order to avoid a degenerating cycle of conflic. However, I will not sit around waiting forever, if your alliance doesn't bother with a reply to my letter by tomorrow morning our time (say Midnight GMT for the cliche) then I will go ahead and officially promulgate laws, and unveil the plan without your alliances input.

Do read my disclaimer on the front page of my blog :p I'm sure you'll find it enlightening.

-L

You mean:

*LH reserves the right to tell complete and blatant lies and never admit that they are lies except in small disclaimers like this one, LH is not responsible if you assume he is telling the truth, if it seems too awesome to be true and LH is saying he did it, then it probably is too awesome to be true, unless it's so awesome your head asploded, in which case I certainly he assuredly did do it, just remember that this disclaimer is subject to itself and I no longer have any idea what the hell I'm saying so I'm just gonna shut up.

I happen to be fairly certain that persons amongst the opposition plan general strikes, VoNc'S, armed revolitiosn and all that crap. I might also add that the very first thing that emerged from the opposition was a challenge of the validity of the election! If that does not show that at least some, perhaps a significant portion, of people in the opposition are acting like petulant children who haven't got there way then I don't know what does (although I add there are actually people with decorum, like Nuke, they have my graitutude and some measure of respect compared to the rest). You may not personally think such things, but there is no mistake that some amongst the opposition do.

Now I do hope that the initial outrage of losing passes and that you collectively have a nice drink and a sit down before starting to actually think about the greater good, and before starting to actually talk and work with me and the coalition rather than throwing bile in our direction. I have offered you a generous opportunity for bipartisan co-operation, and I have refrained from attacking the opposition as I could in order to avoid a degenerating cycle of conflic. However, I will not sit around waiting forever, if your alliance doesn't bother with a reply to my letter by tomorrow morning our time (say Midnight GMT for the cliche) then I will go ahead and officially promulgate laws, and unveil the plan without your alliances input.

We are formulating a response in the SG. It will be done, possibly not in the timeframe you suggested, but it will be done.

I would rather not wait a week to implement a plan, it has already been a couple of days. I suggest the oppositions sends something at least before my deadline, I don't care if you haven't figured everything out, just send something. At the very least one would of thought you already had a plan in place at least in regards to development, tech and the like to send, irrespective of the possibility you haven't bothered to pre-empt laws, and thus are still working on that.

Either way I am NOT going to keep pushing the implementation date back just because the oppositions can't get its house in order to properly respond to my offer.

I'd like it to be noted that I only complained about the government when it actually started doing stuff I didn't like (although that was the first thing it did :p) and didnt challenge their validity or the validity of the count.

Since I'm only an unimportant independant nobody has bothered to discuss plans with me, :)cry:) but that probably doesn't matter since I don't know enough about ciV to give perticularly constructive criticism. However, It would be nice to see a draft plan posted publically, even if it is before the opposition have a chance to respond formally, so individual players can post their thoughts.

Thoughts on an actual plan (remember to take with a pinch of salt) go something along the lines of finishing the stoneworks, building a [military unit], and then geting another [cultural building] in Kyoto. Techwise I think we should finish Archery, then go AH->BW->Trapping. Policy-wise I like liberty best at this point.

Edit: OOC: The top 20% of posters have posted >50% of this thread.... :eek:

#OccupyRealpolitik! :p :OOC

DT

I won't go revealing all of the coalitions plan at the moment, because several things may be altered to a lesser or greater degree based on the opposition says. I also would rather not falsely be seen to backtrack because of criticism, when the reality is that such changes would likely be the result of the current bipartisan dialogue on the subject. Indeed that is especially so in regards to tech because considering the idiosyncrasies of the previous administrations research plan there much to consider in the particulars of immediate research.

However I will say that the coalition generally agrees with you on the adoption of liberty.

But ur excludin meh from ur bipass-artisian diolouge! I wanna say!!! :cry:

It's standerd procedure in an RP to put up a draft plan publically for us all to yell at constructive criticism. Nobody is gonna blame you if you change it after that. Heck, most of us will probably complain you didn't change it enough! :p

DT

:p, yeh but I just don't want to risk throwing fuel into the fire at the moment, thus why Im keeping it contained to private discussions with the opposition. basically I don't want to start another tit-for-tat escalation cycle.

Thats especially so considering we have stubbornly active dead people, and considering the oppositions methodology, which may be great for throwing crap at fans and advancing ones individual political goals, but doesn;t end up that great for the Empire as a whole.

:p, yeh but I just don't want to risk throwing fuel into the fire at the moment, thus why Im keeping it contained to private discussions with the opposition. basically I don't want to start another tit-for-tat escalation cycle.

Private discussions in which the opposition have yet to respond? The only way you're actually going to get feedback is to post the plan up here. Unless you're happy with me throwing together all the consensuses we have about plans into a PM, along with a whole ton of Demands Magnive is posting in the SG. :p

considering the oppositions methodology

The Opposition Doesn't have a Methodology! We're all just yelling at whatever we don't like (and whatever we do like ;)) with no order at all! Heck, our opposition leader* just quit his post!

*Cititation Needed

DT
Escalating Plan Demand Cycle! :trouble:

ooc: We are just doing the << Greek opposition method >>. We say that we dissagree with everything the gonverment says.

ooc: We are just doing the << Greek opposition method >>. We say that we dissagree with everything the gonverment says.

:stupid:

This is suprisingly accurate. :crazyeye:

DT

ooc: If you disagree with everything we say, we say you deserve a million dollars and you're honor-bound to disagree :p

It's not our official policy to disagree with everything you say, but it seems like whenever you say anything there is somebody in the opposition who disagrees.
DT

ooc: I know I just HAD to point it out

Exactly, your methodology is greek, therefore it is damaging to the state and must be tempered.

Oh and I am perfectly happy with you coblbing together a response with consensuses and demands from your social group. I just want a response before 12 midnight GMT. As to not throwing it out in public, well I have my reasons, and I am too tired to go through them in detail now. But there is a point to it, and from casual observation of the current observation it seems to at least not be totally failing.

Top Bottom