Reformation Belief - Technical Stuff

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
I'm working on a scenario mod, where I'm re-doing the Beliefs and I was wondering.

How does Reformation actually work?

I mean

Pantheons - Usually affect the Terrain around you.
Founders - A Benefit that only the Founder recieves
Followers - A Benefit that cities receieve
Enhancers - A Benefit to the religion itself.

So.. Reformation... - A Big additional bonus.

But my question is, is who gets it? If I spread my religion to majority of the cities of another civ, does he benefit from my Reformation belief?

Yes, the reformation belief benefits any city where it is a majority religion. It is not limited to the founder.

It's belief dependent.

For example, Charitable Missions (increase in tribute effectiveness) affects all city states regardless of their religion and it's obviously not city specific.

I don't know if you gain the benefit if your empire majority adopts another Civ's religion with charitable missions or if you lose it if your Civ founds a religion with charitable missions and gets majority/completely converted by another religion.

It depends on the belief, of course. Some of the reformation beliefs are enhancers that change the nature of the religion itself (Evangelism and Unity of Prophets, for example), some are founder beliefs (charitable missions, underground sect) and some, I guess, affect all cities following the faith (Jesuit education).

Top Bottom