RBW4 - It's a scary world out there

:hmm: Some thoughts...
  • After Guangzhou completes its granary, it should build a workboat that'll head north to Nanjing.
  • Once Writing is complete get those libraries up and running, we need to start pushing our :culture:.
  • The two main religions surrounding us are Buddhism (Monte) and Hinduism (HC & Toku). Monte's and HC's lands would benefit us more by allowing us to head west, so getting them to at war could really benefit us.
  • Toku's lands would help, but he's not really located in a position that would benefit us right now. Other than putting the :culture: pressure on him, we might as well leave him be. I'd prefer to attempt to move towards the center of the map.
  • Something that would help us out big time is the :culture: slider. I seriously think we need to get to Drama early so we can start running the culture slider some.
  • Iron Working would be nice (ivory and gems), but do we want to take the time right now? I'm wondering if we should go Alphabet for the trades and continue on towards Drama.

Roster:
  • Methos
  • Kodii
  • Bede - Just Played
  • 3Amoor - Up!
  • Sunrise089 - On Deck
  • Mutineer

3Amoor: Are you still around? We haven't heard from you in a while.

My suggestion after writing is to finish politheism, massonry and try to build Pantheon with marble we have. Chop sme forests if we have to.
Pantheon give a lot of culture and we migth want to run artists for GA's in this game, as we really stuck.

I would now open borders with everyone and try to explore around with scouts and boats.

Are there any islands or other settling places avalible? We really can not compete with AI with just 4 cities.

REsearch wize, we have cooper, we can live with out Iron working for a time. (It nice to clean up jungles, but we do have culture priorities).

After Pilitheism/massonry I would suggest to into alphavit-litherature. GL is nice, then dramma/music. Try for GA?

Our second city will really benefit from a couple settle GA's. He has to aim for long turm culture war.

hey methos:

Hey everyone...just posting to let you know I will be out of town and away from a Civ capable computer from tomorrow June 9th through Wednesday June 13th. I should still be able to read and post during that time.

i don't think you should expect a "got it" from sunrise within the next few days *giggle*

i don't think you should expect a "got it" from sunrise within the next few days *giggle*

Whoops, I totally forgot. Thanks! We'll swap him for now.

Roster:
  • Methos
  • Kodii
  • Bede - Just Played
  • 3Amoor - Skipped
  • Mutineer - Up!
  • Sunrise089 - On Deck

Mutineer: She's yours.

OK, starting round going around eveyrone and asking for open borders. Many civ have writing. In a couple turns after we got hinduism and buddism.

Made trade fish for furs, raising our happy cap.
When writing come in switch to libraries and whiped them as soon as posible.
Hire 2 scientists in capital. Suggest to hire 2 scientists in thurd city as soon as it grow to max food cap.
We do not need production at the moment and some sci and sci points will help.

Research - writing-massonry-Alphavit.

I was debating mathematic first, in order to have full chops in Pantheon.

I did not started it yet, i tend to be reluctant to start wander befor reource connected. But I would suggest to build it in capital ASNP, which ful;l chops of preroaded forest.
Panteon will really help as. I am in favor to research litherature and dramma next. Dramma not for cultuire slider, but for ability to hire 2 artists.

I build work boat - (went north, as toky would not open borders) and scout for scouting.

We actially start to loose culture war in Tokio, befor library whipe and religion spread. Rigth now it is 18% Japanise.

That world view of land near by, so far as we know it.
Does not looks good.

save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/84898/RBW4_BC-0500.CivWarlordsSave

Whatever is easier...I can play on Thurs, so if that works for the team then OK, otherwise a skip is fine.

Sorry, I forgot to answer this. I figured might as well just let you take it on Thursday. I guess it would have helped if I had of said that. :sad:

Roster:
  • Methos - On Deck
  • Kodii
  • Bede
  • 3Amoor - MIA
  • Mutineer - Just Played
  • Sunrise089 - Up!

Turn 1: Our scouting workboat meets Hindu Alex. I go ahead and sign open borders with him.

Turn 3: Hannibal asks us to cancel our deals with Roosevelt. Traditionally I would turn him down, but I'm working on trying to get more friends in my diplo game so I go ahead and accept - Roosevelt is Jewish and no one shares that faith, plus he isn't next to us, and finally I'm more afraid of Hannibal declaring on us than Roosy.

Turn 4: Whip Library in Shanghai.

Turn 5: Tokyo flips to us! Based on previous discussion, I go ahead and abandon the city.

Turn 6: I hire two scientists in Guangzhou since it will grow into unhappiness next turn.

Turn 7: The Parthenon is built in a far away land! Wow this seems early - GE maybe?

Turn 10: End my turnset on a round number. We have a decent number of axeman and are running two scientists in three of our four cities. The fourth will pop borders next turn, and workers are in place to hook up resources. We have two scouts and a workboat looking around.

The Roster:
Methos - Up!
Kodii - On Deck
Bede
3Amoor - MIA
Mutineer
Sunrise089 - Just Played

The Save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/91988/RBW4_BC-0300.CivWarlordsSave

Ican not look on safe, but could we start TOA? even if we do not get it pay off and nice, and culture will help as push japanise.

I am in favor to build GL by same reason.

I do not mind mixed GP points, more points is allways betetr in my book.

Ican not look on safe, but could we start TOA? even if we do not get it pay off and nice, and culture will help as push japanise.

I am in favor to build GL by same reason.

I do not mind mixed GP points, more points is allways betetr in my book.

We have been researching Alphabet, which I inherited at the start of my turn, for my entire turnset. In most of our cities military/worker/settler are currently the only available builds.

I've got it, but it won't be until tomorrow before I can play, as I'm helping run the BTS chat today.

Sorry guys, but between updating the BTS info from the recent chat and Kael's article, my HOF Staff duties, and RL; I don't see how I'm going to be able to get to this today. I'm going to have to ask for a skip.

Roster:
  • Methos - Skipped
  • Kodii - Up!
  • Bede - On Deck
  • 3Amoor - MIA
  • Mutineer
  • Sunrise089 - Just Played

T0 - I take a look at the logs and notice that HC finished ToA in 575 BC. We're too late to even start it.

T1 - Alex declares war on Mansa Musa.

T2 - Mansa demands we convert to Buddhism, I reject

T3 - Mansa asks us to join the war, I reject

T4 - Tokugawa declares war on Mansa Musa

T5 - Alphabet is in, Literature in 7; Hanging Gardens BIADL

T6 - I make minor trade deals, but keep the Alphabet monopoly in order to ensure the GL; We meet Augustus Caesar

T7 - We can catch up in tech by trading Alphabet to everybody, but I will leave it to the next player because we should probably wait until we can start on the GL

T8 - I stop here in order to discuss the GS spawned in Beijing, an Academy somewhere is probably best

The GS as well as the workers still have movement left. I decided it would be easier for the next player to begin pre-chopping Beijing hill forests instead of me. Beijing is currently constructing a Lighthouse, but it can switch over to the GL once Literature comes in.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96336/RBW4_BC-0100.CivWarlordsSave

So I got it.

Do we want the Academy for the science or the culture? Or do we wait for Drama and use him to light up Philosophy?

I made a very similar game variant for civ3 succession game that I called "xenophobia" and was thinking of making one for civ4 when I found this thread.

Good luck to you all, I'll be lurking.

Top Bottom