Gdc 2010

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/26995/

As the GDC 2010 pre-show registration deadline approaches, organizers have confirmed ... a premiere of Civilization V's engine tech.

- In the sponsored lecture "Firaxis' Civilization V: A Case Study in Scalable Game Performance", Firaxis, 2K Games, and Intel "present the world premiere game engine and technology sneak peek of Civilization V, launching this fall." Along the way, according to the talk, "you'll learn how Firaxis developers have used the newly released GPA 3.0 PC platform tools and Threading Building Blocks to offer Civ V playability on myriad systems."

oooOOOooohh.

Good work digging up this extra info :thumbsup:

Though I find it also incredibly worrying...

Sorry V.Soma my comment was in response to post #3 not you. :)

So, now that first mag-infos are done,
what info can we expect from GDC next week?

We'll we have real gameplay info?

(E3 will come only in june, so I hope they want to spill something in the spring, also.
or will that be in the Nordic Game - April 27-29?)

I guess we'll know a little something more on March 11th at 4:30 (PST presumably - GDC is in San Francisco). I hope there is some video of teh engine in action.

Yes Sid is set to speak, hopefully it will be more than general game design principles and offer some nuggets on Civ5.

CS

Yes Sid is set to speak, hopefully it will be more than general game design principles and offer some nuggets on Civ5.

CS

Not only Sid...
In fact, the other presentation seems to be more civ5-oriented,
the one with Intel...

EDIT:

Firaxis' Civilization V: A Case Study in Scalable Game Performance
Speaker/s: Dan Baker (Firaxis) and Yannis Minadakis (Intel)
Day / Time / Location: Thursday 4:30- 5:30 Room 122, North Hall
Track / Format: Programming / Sponsored Session

Description:
Firaxis, 2K Games, and Intel are pleased to present the world premiere game engine and technology sneak peek of Civilization V, launching this fall! You'll learn how Firaxis developers have used the newly released GPA 3.0 PC platform tools and Threading Building Blocks to offer Civ V playability on a myriad of systems; from the rapidly expanding mainstream mobile gaming market, all the way up to the multi-core high-end enthusiast demographic. Millions of Intel(R) Core i3, i5, and i7-based systems are ready to play - will your title scale?

Top Bottom