Sid @ GDC 2010: Gamespot to live-blog keynote (STARTS IN 30 MINS)

Locutus

King of the Collective
Technically this is off-topic but I reckon it'll get the most eye-balls here: Gamespot has just announced that they will be live-blogging the first-ever keynote Sid Meier will give today at the Game Developers Conference (GDC). The talk is scheduled to start at 10:30 PST, or a little under 30 minutes after the timestamp on this post. You can follow GameSpot's description of the keynote, titled "The Psychology of Game Design (Everything You Know Is Wrong)", as it unfolds from the Gamespot GDC site.

I couldn't find a working live feed at gamespot, not sure if it is just me or if there are others.
Still, if anyone is still looking I found a working feed at gamepro

I couldn't find a working live feed at gamespot, not sure if it is just me or if there are others.
Still, if anyone is still looking I found a working feed at gamepro

Yeah, the Gamespot one proved to be rather hit-and-miss. Failed for the first 30 mins and was intermittent after that. You can find the full transcript there now though. Also, in response to that I maintained an imprumptu live-blog on WePlayCiv based on tweets from various attendants: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2816 -- not as good as the coherent narrative from Gamespot but at the time it was the best there was AFAIK (and there's still bits and pieces in there that aren't on GameSpot -- especially towards the end once their blog started working, at that point I specifically looked for new insights).

Later on WPC's front page / news forum I'll be posting a round-up of the various after-the-fact reports of the event that will no doubt be posted all over the web over the next few hours, as part of our on-going GDC coverage.

Top Bottom