SGOTM 12 - One Short Straw

@bbp, sorry didn't realize we already had so many theaters. I'm hoping you will interrupt wealth builds for coliseums then (with our 100% bonus as creative leader the hammers invested in a coliseum would easily get repaid by even just a citizen since we will likely need that happiness in most of our cities for the rest of the game).

And of course this is only in cities that need the happiness. Moscow probably won't need the theater.

If we're going to build more workers, we should do it now so that we get the most out of them. bbp, are you planning to slot some in somewhere?

If we're going to build more workers, we should do it now so that we get the most out of them. bbp, are you planning to slot some in somewhere?

I think that risks overstretching our resources. A few additional workers for India would be nice but we can crank them out over there to avoid logistical nightmares.

I think that risks overstretching our resources. A few additional workers for India would be nice but we can crank them out over there to avoid logistical nightmares.

We could use some up and around Siberia. I think Rheims could use some workshops too. If we can handle all of this with our current workers, great!

I prefer not over-building workers until we have a detailed plan for endgame scrubbing and know we need them. That said, we could certainly use some in the areas Mitchum mentioned. I'll see what I can do...

@bbp, sorry didn't realize we already had so many theaters. I'm hoping you will interrupt wealth builds for coliseums then (with our 100% bonus as creative leader the hammers invested in a coliseum would easily get repaid by even just a citizen since we will likely need that happiness in most of our cities for the rest of the game).

And of course this is only in cities that need the happiness. Moscow probably won't need the theater.
Colosseums are really not that good, IMHO. In any case, doubt I'd build any in the next 4-5t. We can discuss it later - maybe it's a convenient pre-build for RI in a few cities.

I'll have to play tmr morning. Busy tonight.

^^ Will do.

Can't actually play just yet - in an hour or so. I only did the current turn actions earlier. In case you guys are anxiously awaiting reports... ;)

It's all in your capable hands :) FYI, I gave up on reading old posts after hitting about 50/99 pages. So you'll have to excuse me if I continue to make clueless statements.

I'm not here. :) Welcome back, shyuhe!

Is Roosy researching a tech for us?

I think someone on the team, if at all possible, should specialize in planning the spaceship builds. In other words, someone needs to be able to count backwards from the end and know when and where we need to start each part so there's no added delay because of lack of foresight.

I'm gone again. :)

Ok, I played 5t. I was a bit sloppy this TS unfortunately... Just a number of silly micro mistakes.

We have Industrialism+Combustion, and Plastics should be doable in 3t easily, though this all requires sacrificing some builds to wealth, ofc. We have two aluminum (one near Siberia and one near Rheims).

Roosevelt is 2t from Physics. He only had 60g last turn, so no trade.

Gandhi is right back in WHEOOHRN. We have a spy in place in Varanasi, which has been emptied of units as I had hoped. I think we might wanna consider revolting the city and doing an amphibious attack, so he can't drop the rest of the units back from Madras.

We got a GP, GS and GA, so we're set for the 4GP GA. :thumbsup: Pigs will be popping a 97% GS next turn.

I think that's about it. We need to make some decisions on the happy/health situation right now. Some of the top cities don't really need to grow further, IMO. Also, need to speed up the corp spread a bit. I struggled with the 5-exec limit the last 5t quite a bit.

I'm going to have to take a swap for the next turnset. It looks like I have to go out of the country next week and I don't have a visa yet, so I'll be too busy to play but I should be able to comment.

So who's up if I swap?

I think I am? I'll try to post a PPP in the next day or two for the next 10-15 turns of city builds.

Are there any general civic or GPP plans I need to be aware of? Or just the general "crank research while scrubbing fallout" plan?

In general yes, research, scrub, finish Gandhi, setup/finish Stalin, would be the primary concerns
in the next turn set.

We might want to consider a cristo redeemer build and a dip into slavery, but the gpp plan assumes that isn't happening for another 24 turns.

The gpp plan could be modified however if a slavery dip is deemed exciting. (would need to do it before fiber optics and Kremlin obsoletes)

anyone want to do a test on how fast Roosy cleans up his fallout? I think we could use a test game and gift him ecology and time his progress?

I think we ideally want the following in the next 18 turns:
- finish research
- ensure we get a 5GP GA
- kill Stalin
- scrub as much as possible (ideally clearing entire areas, so we can move workers out)
- set up a 1-2t SS build
- set up to blast through Roosevelt

Seems overly ambitious maybe - I personally doubt we can do it in under 20t. Research is the obvious bottleneck. Or, rather, the ability to build enough wealth to crank out max research, while still building other things we need (mainly units).

Research remaining:
Code:
Technology	Cost	Base	Time	Avg rate req'd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Plastics	10,920	9,100	T233	3,033bpt	
Radio		9,360	7,800	
Computers	10,140	8,450	
Superconductors	10,140	8,450
Subtotal	29,640	24,700	T238	4,940bpt	
End run		78,780	65,650	T248	6,565bpt

Are there any general civic or GPP plans I need to be aware of? Or just the general "crank research while scrubbing fallout" plan?
Don't think we're switching any civics. bcool mentioned Slavery. There's also an option to go FR in the end, once we have the GP we need. That won't be right now.

bcool posted a gpp plan that was current as of 9t ago. I had some slightly different spec assignments, so I'll have to re-check it now.

We have a bit of an issue in that some cities really want to run more specs than we can afford under the GP production demands (Rheims, Kamchatka come to mind, also Pigs until next turn). Some others (Bahamas, Bermuda, Beijing, London) are dedicated to mongrel GP's and shouldn't run sci/mer for now.

Top Bottom