PerfectWorld3

For me it works fine - I can instal it from mod browser, i can unzip i MODS and MAPS folder and it is ok...
Maybe you should check compatibility of your Civ files from Steam menu?

Ok, thanks for checking up on that everyone. I guess I expected that ModBuddy should install it on build (it used to... it tries to...). Maybe I should try putting the civ5mod file in there and installing from the game. I'll try to upload this thing properly later today.

I just extracted it and dropped it in my maps folder, but the new atolls look great! It seems like they show up almost exclusively along coasts with jungle? They also seem well positioned off-coast, and look great!

It's been noted before that it's best to put PW3 in the Maps folder rather than in the mods. In my case at least, installing PW3 as a mod breaks Load Game.

It's been noted before that it's best to put PW3 in the Maps folder rather than in the mods. In my case at least, installing PW3 as a mod breaks Load Game.

Really? I did not know that. Do you know why?

Ok, I uploaded the file to Civfanatics and also the mod hub. I still can't use it as a mod though, even when I download and install like you guys do! I have no idea why. Fortunately there is the workaround of just using the straight map file.

I added Atolls depending on latitude and number of adjacent deep water tiles. There are tuning variables to adjust these. I also took Sirian's advice and shrank the 'huge' map size.

If you get a chance later, after you activate, I would like to know if you can actually choose PW from the list of maps in the mods submenu? I can't for some reason. I'm 88.8 percent sure I used to be able to do that...
Just tried and it works.

With a mod or a map variants, I am constantly getting tiles corruption with this version :(

With a previous version I rarely only had problems with Jungle textures upon Mountains. It didn't cause any problems as tiles still were un-walkable. With newest version I can't trust any tiles I see near rivers.

Just tried and it works.

With a mod or a map variants, I am constantly getting tiles corruption with this version :(

With a previous version I rarely only had problems with Jungle textures upon Mountains. It didn't cause any problems as tiles still were un-walkable. With newest version I can't trust any tiles I see near rivers.

Yeah, that's a problem with the base game, not any of the map scripts. Even the maps that come with the game suffer from it.

Yeah, that's a problem with the base game, not any of the map scripts. Even the maps that come with the game suffer from it.

Is it worse now than before patch?

Hmm... guess I am just lucky as the only tiles problem I had with base game is sometimes coast tile near the south pole wasn't blending into the ocean, but the problem went away with one of the patches.

I always play on Large Continents default map and Large PerfectWorld map.

before:
<File md5="4174B84E7BEC6529494BEFD022C70A0E" import="0">PerfectWorld3.lua</File>

i copied your .civ5mod into my mods folder, installed the mod via ingame browser. First i couldn't see the map script but after setting import (into VFS) to import="1" it appeared there.

after:
<File md5="4174B84E7BEC6529494BEFD022C70A0E" import="0">PerfectWorld3.lua</File>

or just toggle the "import into VFS" property in modbuddy to true.

Really? I did not know that. Do you know why?

I would guess it's because a "mod" is expected to be active during gameplay, whereas the map script is called on only at the beginning. The load game screen gets stuck in a "save game is incompatible with currently loaded mods". (Playing on a Mac with the first patch)

before:

i copied your .civ5mod into my mods folder, installed the mod via ingame browser. First i couldn't see the map script but after setting import (into VFS) to import="1" it appeared there.

after:

or just toggle the "import into VFS" property in modbuddy to true.

Yeah, this worked for me. Does this mean that the version I posted is broken? Whats a VFS?

yeah that probably means that this v3 is broken.
I'd say that importing into the VFS (Virtual File System) means that this file will be unique internally by its name and therefore overwrite existing filenames at the activation of the mod. So for example, if you would create a mapscript Continents.lua and import it into the VFS, the game will probably just overwrite its own standard Continents.lua file with your new Continents.lua. Well, that's just my guess.

Why it doesn't work when you don't import it into the VFS, I have no idea. It's something that's bugging seemingly a lot of modders, because you have basicly to import every file into the VFS, risking to overwrite files that could have accidently the same name as your files. :cry:

My game crashes when I try to load this map. :cry: Used my usual set-up too, 14 civs, 14 CS...

EDIT: Dealt with that, just had to make a few tries... Now there is a new problem. Mah rivers have no rivers in them...

My game crashes when I try to load this map. :cry: Used my usual set-up too, 14 civs, 14 CS...

EDIT: Dealt with that, just had to make a few tries... Now there is a new problem. Mah rivers have no rivers in them...

Hmmm... Anyone else having trouble?

I've got an Idea for making the map multiplayer compatible:

Since the map.rand is more detailed internaly you can use something like

return (Map.Rand(10000, "Generating PWRand 1/2") / 10000.0 + Map.Rand(10000, "Generating PWRand 2/2")) / 10000.0;

to generate random numbers with higher precisition.

I for myself replaced your return math.random() with the above and have no problems in multiplayer. Perhaps there is a switch like in CiV 4 where you can make it use math.random when the map is used singleplayer mode and the other when in multiplayer mode.

perhaps you can use such a formula for just seeding the math.random function.

The problem kinda fixed itself cephalo, it loaded after a few tries. I guess those crashes happen sometimes?

Anyway there is a new problem now, with the map itself - mah rivers have no rivers in them. :cry:
I encountered that graphical glitch before with one or two rivers. I guess it happens in the world wrap region? But now all the rivers I saw had that problem. :( Perhaps I was close to map wrap, but that was a big territory (whole continent) to have the glitch.

I've got an Idea for making the map multiplayer compatible:

Since the map.rand is more detailed internaly you can use something like

return (Map.Rand(10000, "Generating PWRand 1/2") / 10000.0 + Map.Rand(10000, "Generating PWRand 2/2")) / 10000.0;

to generate random numbers with higher precisition.

I for myself replaced your return math.random() with the above and have no problems in multiplayer. Perhaps there is a switch like in CiV 4 where you can make it use math.random when the map is used singleplayer mode and the other when in multiplayer mode.

perhaps you can use such a formula for just seeding the math.random function.

Yeah, I should have done that for this version. I forgot about that issue. Right now though, every ounce of my free time, (about 48 minutes per day boohoo) is dedicated to Shogun 2!:egypt:

Top Bottom