Article on TechHaze

PinkShaka

Chieftain
Here's an article my brother wrote on TechHaze.com

I find it pretty nice, it sums up most of the important stuff we know about Civ5.

Cheers!

In addition, you will see the leaders in a different environment according to the situation, and though the only screenshots we have seen place them each inside a large room with red curtains, we will aparently be seeing them in plains, battle-feilds and on cliffs.
This part (the changing of environments) was new to me. Sounds cool, but raises the question of modability even more.

This part (the changing of environments) was new to me. Sounds cool, but raises the question of modability even more.

I suppose that would be hard to mod in, but if you can't do that, you can always use a static image background instead. There's nothing forcing you to create mods that are as good as what the pros are making.

Are we sure it doesn't mean what we already knew?

Other previews pointed out that the background will be different according to the leader, NOT the situation:

IGN Preview said:
Each leader has a unique scene that reflects who they are, so you'll meet Gandhi by the river, Napoleon on the battlefield and Bismarck in his office. The backgrounds are animated, and in some cases even interactive, so you'll see Askia standing in front of a burning town he's just conquered, or watch as Washington casually spins a globe

Considering that this article appartently doesn't add new bits of info but it seems to use what we already knew from other previews/interviews, and that the author didn't acutally see the game or speak with Jon, I wonder if it was just bad wording there.

Other previews pointed out that the background will be different according to the leader, NOT the situation.

Good point. The phrasing is actually unclear:

IGN Preview said:
you'll see Askia standing in front of a burning town he's just conquered

What if Askia hasn't managed to conquer anything?

I'll ask the author to check on that.

Anyway, if it's not the case, I'm sure modders can manage to make the backrounds change according to the situation. ;)

Okay, there are some interesting tidbits here...

In addition, the leaders will all have different personalities, ways of moving and reacting to events (Caesar declares war in a very nonchalant manner, Washington seems depressed when he looses, etc.) and will speak their native tongue. This means that while I will be able to understand what England’s Queen Victoria, America’s President Washington, and France’s Napoleon are saying, what Greece’s leader (Pericles?) will say will be Greek to me (and I’m not even going to start talking about Wu Zetian’s Chinese)

Seems like the leaders will be even more, er, "real" than in the previous games! :lol:

What I still don't get is why some of the articles refer to the English leader as Victoria, even though we've clearly seen evidence that Elizabeth will be the leader.

I'm also quite interested by they say Pericles is the Greek leader. They don't seem to offer any conclusive evidence about such elsewhere, so it could be a mistake or random speculation... Or it means that Alexander is either out, or has a serious new look.

I think this is just a summary article, and not actually something to take any new information from.

Top Bottom