BTS, 18 civ Europe-Custom

Erik_3E

Warlord
Im loking for (15) players, that is interested in a (Marathon/normal) game on a huge Europe map.(this is my first online game)

GAME:
Lenght - ?

Size - Huge

civs - 18
CIVS, leder & players:
Swedish Empire (Fredrick) - Erik_3E
Danish Empire (victoria) - N/A
Norwegian Empire (Ragnar) - N/A
Irish Empire (Peter) - N/A
Welsh Empire (Augustus Ceasar) - N/A
Scotish Empire (Brennus) - N/A
English Empire (Elizabeth) - N/A
French Empire (Louis XIV) - N/A
Spanish Empire (Isabella) - N/A
Portuguese Empire (Julius Ceasar) - N/A
Dutch Empire (Willem van Oranje) - N/A
German Empire (Napoleon) - N/A
Polish Empire (Charlemagne) - N/A
Italian Empire (Stalin) - bbfrancis
Greek Empire (Justinian I) - N/A
Russian Empire (Chaterine) - N/A
Ottoman Empire (Mehmed II) - N/A
Romanian Empire (Alexander) - Hoplosternum
And alot of Barbarians :)

Victorie - Time

Options:
No city flipping from culture
Random Personalities
No technology trading (just so that the ages will last longer)
No Tribal villages
fixed lederheads
raging barbarians

I'll take Stalin of Russia.

I don't get it. How is Stalin over Itally?
In anycase I want Stalin where ever he is.

I am pretty sure you don't want to play with AI's... Just get enough players to fill all the spots... Might be slow getting players over christmas but once you get them it will be way better than playing with AI...

Some advice:

dont go for marathon speed. your game will never end. It will take months before the game gets interreesting and it will take years for a game to end

Not years, more like a decade, it is his choice however...

Hi Erik,

If you want Marathon then go for it, people don't have to play :)

But they are slow starters so if you do you may want to get an initial online session going so that there is a minimum of time when people are only logging on to just press end turn. Or use an advance set up with a few hundred points so each civ starts with more than just the basic scout/warrior and settler. Not the deafault number - thats too advanced :) - but enough for a few extra units.

I agree that the game would be far better with no AIs. These just get exploited and taken over by the Players unless you are setting the difficulty level high.

You say the map is huge but some areas look extremely crowded. Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England :eek: I doubt there will be more than one of those after a short while. Then you have a winner with four Capitals and no immeadiate rivals (protected by sea) with a nice flank position. Hmmmm. Still it's your game :)

I would like to play though whatever you decide :D Not really sure what we pick with Random leaders??? I would like to play the Ottomans. Or failing that the Greeks or the Romanians. Let me know if I need to pick a 'leader' too. Or what my choices are if we do :)

I am pretty sure you don't want to play with AI's... Just get enough players to fill all the spots... Might be slow getting players over christmas but once you get them it will be way better than playing with AI...

ok I will do that tnx.
Are you in?

I'll play but I can't make any sense out of your leader list. I'll pick one after some explanation.

ok I will put upp the names of the leders and the changed names 2.

Some advice:

dont go for marathon speed. your game will never end. It will take months before the game gets interreesting and it will take years for a game to end

ok what speed do you surgest?

Not years, more like a decade, it is his choice however...

what speed do every one think is the best?

Hi Erik,

If you want Marathon then go for it, people don't have to play

But they are slow starters so if you do you may want to get an initial online session going so that there is a minimum of time when people are only logging on to just press end turn. Or use an advance set up with a few hundred points so each civ starts with more than just the basic scout/warrior and settler. Not the deafault number - thats too advanced - but enough for a few extra units.

how mutch points are we talking about?

You say the map is huge but some areas look extremely crowded. Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England I doubt there will be more than one of those after a short while. Then you have a winner with four Capitals and no immeadiate rivals (protected by sea) with a nice flank position. Hmmmm. Still it's your game

I think Im going to keep it the way they are, as said ther is allot of barbairians so it will be pritty thuff for the other players to ;)

I would like to play though whatever you decide Not really sure what we pick with Random leaders??? I would like to play the Ottomans. Or failing that the Greeks or the Romanians. Let me know if I need to pick a 'leader' too. Or what my choices are if we do

Im going to wright the leder names on the first post, so you can tell me whom you whant after I do that.

Well normal speed on huge is probably between half a year and one and a half depending on how much live sessions and downtime you have(from breaks due to the server being unavailable or technical problems(there will be technical problems)). Epic is 1.5 times the speed of this roughly(though i haven't seen the map if it heavy favor just taking over a the whole world(ie no need for boats and stuff) it might be slightly faster at the slower speed than the relative speed modifier. Marathon is 3 times normal so you are looking at a finish time time from 1.5 years to 3 years.

Personally i prefer normal but as all other options they are up to the host.

How come italia isn't romans? Holy roman empire is also an option of course(though that is centered around Constantinople not rome).

Oh and edit the original post to include other stuff as well as leaders(ie the intro msg sounds a bit silly if you want all humans). Read a bit in some of the other threads around here for ideas. There should also be some rules about things that are generally considered exploits and how to handle situation that takes unfair advantage of the game system(you can use oob rules but personaly i think it is just better to say that everyone should do their utermost to play fair and if anyone try to exploit the system you'll just rollback or whatever). There is also the issue of a timer. What is normal seems to be between 20-24 hrs(20 hrs is roughly real time). And how to handle people missing turns. How many turns a player can be away from his civ and what happens then(game stops? swiched to ai? Get another person to take over?(last one is preferable but need one of the 2 first until that happens)).

OK I'd like to swap my preferences a little. Could I play the Romanians? (Whichever Civ they might be in the game!) Or failing that the Ottomans if they are taken, or the Greeks :)

If you are going to play on something other than marathon then an advance start is not necessary. But if this is a scenario you are making if you were to give everyone a freebie worker and an archer at the start, in addition to their settler & warrior/scout, you will both speed up the beginning and help reduce early eliminations.

Having lots of barbarians will be a change to the usual game settings :) But they will only affect the areas with lots of 'fog'. So the Russians, Ottomans and Sweden can expect to be beseiged by them while there may be none at all in the British Isles.

Will the map feature either Atlantis (i.e. a New World bit for post astronomy exploration) or North Africa?

OK I'd like to swap my preferences a little. Could I play the Romanians? (Whichever Civ they might be in the game!) Or failing that the Ottomans if they are taken, or the Greeks :)

Yes ofcorse you can play the romanians and the romanians are actualy the russians poland is also russians and russia is ofcors russians :lol:
I will put upp your name under the romanians.

If you are going to play on something other than marathon then an advance start is not necessary. But if this is a scenario you are making if you were to give everyone a freebie worker and an archer at the start, in addition to their settler & warrior/scout, you will both speed up the beginning and help reduce early eliminations.

Actuarly you will start whith fixed cities at the start so ther is no ned for the setteler.

Having lots of barbarians will be a change to the usual game settings :) But they will only affect the areas with lots of 'fog'. So the Russians, Ottomans and Sweden can expect to be beseiged by them while there may be none at all in the British Isles.

actuarly I have pinched in some barbarian cites in western europe.
but your right the ottomans and russians are probably going to be the ones afekted the most. but as said ther is going to be barbairians almost every where (not at the British Isles).

Will the map feature either Atlantis (i.e. a New World bit for post astronomy exploration) or North Africa?

If you whant to lock at the map you have it under custom scenarios in your game (Europe) is the original map caled.

IF we start with a number of cities at the start seeing the starting map would be good. Is it in any way balanced? The leaders in the first post don't match with the options given in that scenario though... I assume you or someone else have placed out the cities? The map is very resource poor in places.. Some of the land is just plain bad. I think this will be very crowded.. How are the barbs going to fit in if we already start with cities? You know barbs don't spawn if we can see the area right? Also if we are playing at noble(the default difficulty). Barbs will be mostly harmless anyways...

Hi Oyzar, I assumed he just meant the capital. But maybe we get multiple cities. Anyway I have just had a look at the map and agree in areas it is very resource poor. Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, the Dutch and Norway (at least) are not really viable at all. I would make all 5 barbarian cities instead or else they must have close access to at least one strategic resource - Norway may have one but its got little and poor land.

Is there any way you can put some extra resources in to the map? It is not just Strategic Resources which are lacking. Many areas have few food or happiness resources either.

The map is huge and mostly land so I am not sure it will be that crowded except in the British isles. But most of it is totally devoid of resources. While some starts - France, Spain, Wales or England, Germany etc. get fantastic starting locations with both strategic and many other resources.

MP can be fairly military and a little ruthless ;) If the players who accidentally picked Ireland - no land resources except Dyes :eek: Or Scotland - none except Coal :lol: Or Portugal - none except Sugar :p are not going to be happy. In SP you may turn that round. But not in MP.

Even the other powers - like Romania & Sweden :) - will struggle as they don't have access to the early two strat resources. So ravaging Barbs will be a huge problem until Iron Working. May find ourselves beseiged in our respective capitals, slaving archers, to fight off constant streams of Barb axemen :mischief: Again something you can come back from in SP but not MP when your opponents are not so afflicted.

If you can't change the scenario resources then I think your original idea of just having about five players in with the rest AIs (that have no chance as they all get bad starts). But you need to tell people which are the viable Empires. Probably: France, Germany, England (or Wales), Italy and Spain.

Hi Oyzar, I assumed he just meant the capital. But maybe we get multiple cities. Anyway I have just had a look at the map and agree in areas it is very resource poor. Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, the Dutch and Norway (at least) are not really viable at all. I would make all 5 barbarian cities instead or else they must have close access to at least one strategic resource - Norway may have one but its got little and poor land.

Is there any way you can put some extra resources in to the map? It is not just Strategic Resources which are lacking. Many areas have few food or happiness resources either.

The map is huge and mostly land so I am not sure it will be that crowded except in the British isles. But most of it is totally devoid of resources. While some starts - France, Spain, Wales or England, Germany etc. get fantastic starting locations with both strategic and many other resources.

MP can be fairly military and a little ruthless ;) If the players who accidentally picked Ireland - no land resources except Dyes :eek: Or Scotland - none except Coal :lol: Or Portugal - none except Sugar :p are not going to be happy. In SP you may turn that round. But not in MP.

Even the other powers - like Romania & Sweden :) - will struggle as they don't have access to the early two strat resources. So ravaging Barbs will be a huge problem until Iron Working. May find ourselves beseiged in our respective capitals, slaving archers, to fight off constant streams of Barb axemen :mischief: Again something you can come back from in SP but not MP when your opponents are not so afflicted.

If you can't change the scenario resources then I think your original idea of just having about five players in with the rest AIs (that have no chance as they all get bad starts). But you need to tell people which are the viable Empires. Probably: France, Germany, England (or Wales), Italy and Spain.

I will try to give every one fair amount of resorses so that the game is even for everyone.;)

Edit: Happy New Year! or as we say in sweden: Gott Nytt År!:)

Hi McRae,

Unfortunately Erik and his redone map never appeared :( So I think this one is dead.

Very brave of you to pick Scotland though! With their only coal resources ;)

Top Bottom