LAN Multiplayer With MODS

Unless the games code itself got released, there's no way we can "trick" this anymore, it's very obvious they disable mod's through a class in their internal code now. The only way we can get mod's in multiplayer (except for hotseat) is to wait until they finish working on it and release it themselves.

There's no real way around it, the matchmaking class is used for our internet/lan games to start, and that class is internal (a part we can't change) and I believe that's the class which is disabling the mod's when it's called. I have no proof aside from whenever I enable mod's just before starting an internet game, after clicking the start button there's a long delay, then it starts without mods (The delay is from the mod's disabling I'm sure).

Aww. That's sad to hear. Let's hope they release the code as they did for civ 4 so us happy hackers can fix such shortcomings. I can understand they refrain from releasing functionality that is not ready for use due to bugs or other issues, but for hard-core modders who are used to that it is no problem :)

So has the code been released yet? Is any modder working on this? LAN multipayer has become stable and playable now, so I think it would be awesome to have modded matches for lan multiplayer.

AFAIK the network and modding activation code is not in the DLL.

AFAIK the network and modding activation code is not in the DLL.

pffff... Sometimes it seems that the developers make things more complicated and frustrating (for us) than they could be, on purpose. Why am I not allowed to take my own responsibilities for trusting my mates when I play with them! :mad:

I have a weird issue..so I do what you say:

Download the file.
Unzip it.
Replace the contents with relevant files in the User/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/ common/Civilization V Gods and Kings/Contents/Home/UI/Front End/Multiplayer directory.

I launch Civ [GandK] and got into my enabled mods menu.
I enable the mods I want. (IGE, R.E.D Modpack)
I go back.
I go into LAN multiplayer.
Press host game.
Tweak the settings to duel map with quick pace.
Press host again.
Go to the screen where you choose civ's

-- This is the ERROR --
SO this is what happens:

Also, I cannot press Back or Launch.

Really need help!! Not sure whats happening.

If the image doesn't work here is the link:
http://i.imgur.com/7xMVwrO.png

I can choose a mod, then go back to the multiplayer setup screen and it all works. The other player can even join up and select a modded leader, but when I start he game I go solo a and the mod is deactivated.

Anyone else trying to figure this out?

All I did was search for every line of:

Modding.ActivateAllowedDLC();

and add a line below it:

Modding.ActivateEnabledMods();

in all files in the

\assets\UI\FrontEnd\Multiplayer

directory.

It should only be in JoiningRoom.lua & StagingRoom.lua, but will be in each a few times.

The files attached are for Gods and Kings

Attachments

• MultiplayerModsFix.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 466
Another way to get mods to show up for multiplayer is in
ModsMenu.lua
comment out lines 15 and 85

--Modding.DeactivateMods();

--Controls.MultiPlayerButton:SetHide(true);

The from the mods menu you can select multiplayer.
But it still won't let you start the game...

Hi,
I tried this mod, but got stuck in the staging room. I can’t click on anything, even back button, and had to shut down the game from win.
Is there a solution? Or any suggestions to make mods work in multiplayer?
I play Civ V Brave New World, so maybe the mod needs some customization for BNW datadisk…

If you want to know, try Enhanced User Interface DLC, it might work (never tried it myself, though)
Enhanced User Interface DLC has since been tested to support multiplayer (and a few MP related bugs fixed). It only affects the UI though, and does NOT make other mods available in MP.

I'm not realy following you all..

To test this and play with my son, I've compiled the dll with some own made code changes..
I've edited xml..
Added a huge earth map..
copied the whole changes to the civ V dir (not mod or user dir)
start the game..
use winmerge to make sure both copies are 100% identical..

works fine in multi..

so I'm not really following what you all have a problem?

I just found this post and thanks god to awesome people like you guys :). I am familiar with C++ but I am just getting started in modding and i started wondering if you could get Civ to consider the mods as DLCs since they are selectable in the multiplayer. Just an Idea :)

Top Bottom