What's New in IOS (IPAD) Version? - And other questions

stewartmoss

Chieftain
I downloaded the new version 2.4.5 yesterday and I cannot find a sensible change log as to what changed.
The IOS App store just says "Minor bug fixes" which is not helpful.
Even the 2k Support page is not helpful (http://support.2k.com/forums/381877-Civilization-Revolution-General-Support)

Here are some problems I have been noting with Civ Revolution on IOS (IPAD). Perhaps some of these have been fixed in this latest version.

Have any of you other fanatics had similar problems or are these resolved?

For the record here they are.

1. *THIS IS A BUG* Can not seem to be able to sell or disband on IPAD version. Forum posts talk about XBOX and PS and DS and how to disband. This is a problem because in the modern era I still have archers and warriors and do not just want to send them into battle because then my enemy gets promotions on his units for destroying these ancient units. - This appears to be quite a common problem across multiple platforms.

2. How do I find out which civ's I am at war with and which I am at peace with? I see in the diplomacy screen I can see if a PEACE treaty is in force (negotiated peace treaty) but can't tell who I am at war with and also which civs are peaceful towards me. The only thing I can think of is some Civs wont let you engage with them and I assume those are one I have just gone to war with... Any help here will be appreciated.

3. When I am managing workers in a city which overlaps its productive squares with another city, the only way I can tell if another city is using the same square is because I cannot allocate my current city to use this. Am I missing something? Is there something which indicates that I cant use the square or not use the square?

4. Is there a way at the city management screen to tell which units are fortified in a city? This is important because I would like to know I have two archers fortified in a city before I allocate the city to build another archer. (or maybe the city is undefended but I cant tell from the management screen).

5. Do you lose anything if you change research halfway through? For example I might be researching monarchy and decide to change to code-of-laws. Do I loose beakers I have researched for monarchy? - I think I read somewhere that there is no beaker penalty for changing research mid-stream.

6. The city name which appears above a city sometimes obscures the land behind it. This is an even bigger problem when you have a unit like a spy which is positioned behind this name. Sometimes you forget the unit is there. Can I change the transparency or even make the names disappear to view the map properly?

7. *THIS IS A BUG* The other civilizations never seem to have ever met each other. How do I earn the achievement "bribe another civilization to declare war on another civilization"?

Hi, man. A couple answers:

[5] You don't lose beakers if you change research, but those beakers prior to the change have already been committed to that first tech. You cannot roll the beakers over to the new tech. The new tech starts at 0 beakers.

[7] The AI does not seem to be very sociable when it comes to meeting the neighbors. Keep at it, you'll get that bribe achievement, but the possibility just may not be available in every game.

(6) Use your thumb and index finger to zoom read names and see things. Touch both thumb and index finger on the screen at the same time and spread them apart or together to zoom in or out. If it's not working, go to your iPad settings (accessibility, I think) to set up for zoom.

Top Bottom