does japanese zero retain promotion on upgrade?

i havent managed a game as japan that lasted long enough to get to jet fighters. im wondering if the bonus promo is retained on upgrade, i've been happily surprised since starting to play as Japan, against what everyone says how the Zero is a bad unit, but it has turned out to be incredibly useful playing Deity games, giving me that little edge needed to win a tough air war, but it would be nice to know that it stays on promotion.

I never could understand why the zero gets a bad rep either. In real life I know what its shortcomings were. Although, in the game, I've had success with it.

It keeps the upgrade, but it has no effect on other jet fighters, only WW2-era fighters. In fact, it doesn't even gain the bonus against Triplanes.

that's unfortunate, i see now why the zero isnt higher rated, i generally prefer unique units which retain their unique promos on upgrade

It keeps the upgrade, but it has no effect on other jet fighters, only WW2-era fighters. In fact, it doesn't even gain the bonus against Triplanes.

Correct; though, I believe it does in fact have a bonus against triplanes along with fighters (again, not "jet" fighters).

The zero is a time period unit. Better for a mod. What it should have is a bonus against triplanes and WW2 fighters. When it upgrades to jet fighter, it should not carry the +33% vs. the fighter combat class. At that point it should be on equal terms once again.

Unofrtunately, ATM (and per the most recent patch notes), the Zero's intercept bonus is actually helping the unit it is intercepting. That will be fixed with the patch.

I play as Japan all the time and really don't find the Zero all that useful. Going for domination, you'd just much rather have Bombers when you're strapped for oil. Zeroes aren't great because Fighters aren't great. They cost the same as Bombers in resources and hammers, yet are clearly an inferior unit.

Top Bottom