Lost on turn 0, beat this.

It just happened to me..twice. Korea, fractal, emperor with VEM mod.

Three times now, continents map...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540672366532154645/F9C57B93F8DFD9AAE6A183DC3B1C340B7FA730E7/

OK, now Im worried, I cant start the game. Everytime I lose on turn 0. I tried 4 civs, without mods, 4 maps types...all games lost turn 0. Ill try to verify cache integrity..

Yep, It seems I cant play CiV anymore. Or I lose on turn 0 or I have a fatal error before starting.

Donwloading everything again...

Does the same problem occur without any mods?
No, that's fog of war.

Check the mini map ;)

The issue could be related to faulty unit placement from the map generator. I recently started an "Earth" map and my warrior was spawned roughly fifty hexes from my settler - in the middle of the ocean. Thankfully he teleported back after a turn. :lol:

Ok, I solved my problem. I reinstalled the game and now is fine.

But yes, it was happening with every civ, every type of map and with and without mods.

I had this happen a while back as Egypt on a duel map. I even got the win (and achievement). It has never happened since with any Civ or map type.

A lot of players use fractal maps for the unpredictability they are meant to provide, which tbh they don't really provide much of. There's nothing crazy about fractal maps that would lead to something like this happening.

In Civ 4, if you ever picked the maximum number of civs, highest sea levels and largest ice poles (cold map), several civs would end up starting in ice regions. However the map generator would convert a small patch of land around such start areas to normal terrain, so you would get several patches among the ice regions with civs starting in serious isolation and very difficult to capture, or for them to expand.

I totally hated that. You'd be surrounded by ice everywhere except for within two squares of your capital which would have a river and grassland with wine and cattle. It was like picking Once City Challenge

I actually like this. It shows that perhaps in reality there were conditions that simply destroyed potential civilizations before they could even start and would explain why so many planets we see are dead, like Mars for example. I guess Earth got lucky, maybe?

It also shows true randomness exists in the game too.

Top Bottom