Questions about the 1000 Temples achievement

mintcandy

King
Of all the achievements of vanilla Civ V, this one sucks the most, especially when trying to do it without save scumming.

1. Are slow built Temples the only ones counted? For example, do I still get credit for Temples that I got through Legalism? What about Temples I rush buy? What about the Temples I get for free when I found a new city when my game starts in the post Renaissance? Do those count?

2. For the purposes of this achievement, do the Temples in scenarios count, or is it just non-scenario Temples? I like the alternative victory conditions for the New World scenario and I've been playing the Mongol scenario a lot...it'd be nice if these Temples counted towards the achievement.

Is there any way to see how many temples are still needed to make this achievement pop? A progress bar like the city bullying achievement would be nice.

Is there any way to see how many temples are still needed to make this achievement pop? A progress bar like the city bullying achievement would be nice.

Besides looking at the achievements_debug logfile that still baffles me on when it updates? I don't think so.

Regardless, I have an idea of how many temples I need to get the achievement (100+ to go!), but I would love to know if I could increment that counter with temples other than those of the slow built/non-scenario variety.

What directory is the debug file in?

Find the log file here:

C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs\achievements_debug.log

Note that it doesn't update until you start another game....

As for the OP, I think temples (of which I have built 2331) are much easier to get than "Land Baron" for purchasing tiles (of which I have only bought 787).

Few facts.
1. Achievement Debug Log updates AT THE START of the .exe (i.e when you fire up Civ 5)
2. I can't remember, but I believe you need to manually build Temples as oppossing to buying them out or using Legalism.
3. A fun way is to play on a Standard game, Settler or Chieftain difficulty conquer all nations including CS, annex ALL conquered cities, build temples in them, RAZE the cities, (but not before buying settlers in EVERY city, by then yo should have loads of gold), then re-founding each city, and building temples again.

if i remember correctly, you also have to set "Enable the logging system" in config.ini to 1 first to make the log file appear in that directory.

founding cities in a later era start does increase the counter, i observed it in the log while trying for the "barbarian ransom achievement". dont know about rush buying and legalism though, but im pretty sure it counts when building temples in scenarios. it would also be interesting to know if puppets building temples help with the progress...

if i remember correctly, you also have to set "Enable the logging system" in config.ini to 1 first to make the log file appear in that directory.

founding cities in a later era start does increase the counter, i observed it in the log while trying for the "barbarian ransom achievement". dont know about rush buying and legalism though, but im pretty sure it counts when building temples in scenarios. it would also be interesting to know if puppets building temples help with the progress...
Thanks! That was the piece of the puzzle that I was missing.

Find the log file here:

C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs\achievements_debug.log

Note that it doesn't update until you start another game....

As for the OP, I think temples (of which I have built 2331) are much easier to get than "Land Baron" for purchasing tiles (of which I have only bought 787).

The American UA and Angor Wat help a lot to get the achievement.

The American UA and Angor Wat help a lot to get the achievement.

Good point. I rarely play as America, and rarely build Angkor Wat. Probably all related to my style of play; most of the time, I have this feeling that good city placement means I shouldn't have to buy tiles, and can put my gold to better use elsewhere. Since the only "vanilla" achievements I still don't have are "Land Baron" and "Last Man Standing", maybe I should try a couple games as America and beeline Angkor Wat....

Top Bottom