AI does it right - pillages a citadal

clif9710

Warlord
My mistake. In the confusion of battle (I'm going to General school soon), I left my citadel unmanned and the AI cavalry rushed in and pillaged it. I won't forget this lesson.

Does anyone know how long it takes a worker to rebuild a citadel? I can't imagine it being possible during war. I had GG's to spare so I could have created another one in the next tile over, but it would have been a much poorer location. I understand that citadel effects don't stack, so even if you have two next to each other, the hit taken by the enemy on common tiles wouldn't double.

Yeah they do that and strat resources/luxes... but I believe there's a modifier somewhere on the frequency they do.

This is all going to change in patch, and by changed, I mean they will always pillage.

Yes...but from what I can tell they sometimes take quite awhile to get around to doing it....

I find leaving the citadel unmanned often works out quite well as the AI stupidly send in their units and suffer the consequences. If they do pillage it, a worker seems to be able to fix it quite fast... I think it's two turns at most...also make sure you clean up the road underneath...they seem to pillage that too, or maybe everything on the tile gets pillaged at once....

In my current game as soon as I pop a GG, I'm going to place a citadel within about two tiles of Harun's city...Medina.... And I'll get a few nice tiles...one at least with a luxury on it...for my nearby city. We've just concluded a peace so I want to get ready as I'm sure he will DOW very soon after the ten turn truce....

The only thing I'm concerned about with this strategy is if he decides to do something similar....but from what I can tell the AI are not very good, or consistent, in their placing of citadels....though I have been surprised at their "brilliance" on occasion...;)

Yes...but from what I can tell they sometimes take quite awhile to get around to doing it....

My very next game, the citadel was left intact though several different enemy units occupied the tile, including a lancer, so the AI brilliant move was a fluke.

They do it rarely, derpy AI. I hope the new patch fixes that. It's too easy to use citadels at the moment.

@Koiranputki: I had a game last week where I had a citadel positioned. The AI proceeded to place a citadel right next to mine and took over the tiles and my citadel. So I replied in turn by placing another citadel and taking both of those citadels. I hated wasting that second GG, but I didn't see any other options.

citadels are the most OP ever vs AI

i play small maps on immortal, and can hold basically an infinite wave of units with 1-2 citadels
they don't prioritize attacking it, pillaging it, etc. they will not avoid it. they will walk over it without pillaging. bad programming.

Top Bottom