Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, That is exactly what I was thinking. In the eyes of a Layman, Venice as a civilization is ridiculous...

Personally, I'd love to see an Italian Civ

i think there are too many 1800s leaders already so i'd prefer cosimo de medici over garibaldi, but then that puts the emphasis on florence over venice. still, florence were an economic and cultural powerhouse

I'd be fine with that. Just have capital be Venice or Florence or another city state. No need to add confusion by having two Romes. (Or another idea is Rome and Roma.)

I think Italy is quite likely as a civ now and I'm okay with that.
Let's think about their UU/UA/UB:

Leader: Casimo or Lorenzo Medici
UA: Somethin that improves culture, maybe more artists
UU: Genoese Crossbowman( more durable crossbowman)
UB: Arsenal (replaces harbour, bonus exp for ships and improved trade)
Capitol: Florence

What about Venice for a civ? I'd love to see that and I think it's worthy of that title considering the city's long-lasting influence and power. It would fit right in with culture and tourism.

Is it just me, or is that UA for Poland kind of terrible. It's not really fun to use in any way, it's entirely passive. The only way to "use" it better is to just be better at science to get to new eras faster.

Yes belgium hopefully a civ with a unique ability that affects open borders. Because al lot of important battles where fought in belgium batttle of waterloo germans going through belgium to invade france.

World war 1 was fought in Belgium

Being other civs' boxing ring isn't exactly a great model to base a playable civ on. :p

My guesses:

Poland (duh)
Hittites
Sumerians
Portugal
Brazil
Zulu
A native American tribe (I'd guess one that hasn't been featured previously, maybe the Cherokee or Navajo or something)
Manchus
Indonesia

Is it just me, or is that UA for Poland kind of terrible. It's not really fun to use in any way, it's entirely passive. The only way to "use" it better is to just be better at science to get to new eras faster.

Well, you'd get 6-8 free policies. Seems good to me.

I don't think they'll do Italy, given that Rome is a staple civ. In Civ 4 they did do Germany and the HRE, but that wasnt exactly a huge hit with us fans, was it?

I dunno, Renaissance Italy feels VERY culturally distinct from Rome. It'd be a brilliant addition IMO and fits very well with the game's themes...

You won't really need to be better at science overall, just direct your research to beeline techs that get you to the next era. It does seem really strong: You'll essentially havesix free policies if you hit the modern era and you'll always be able to adopt a new policy when a tree unlocks.

I dunno, Renaissance Italy feels VERY culturally distinct from Rome. It'd be a brilliant addition IMO and fits very well with the game's themes...

Have they ever had 2 civs in a game where they both had, without question, the exact same capital city? Even Germany and the HRE have different capitals.

I don't think Warsaw should be the Polish' capital. At the time Casimir III was king, Kraków was the capital. Unless of course, Fireaxis is using Warsaw so people won't get confuse. As for Assyria, I don't know. They basically share a lot of cities with Babylon.

Confirmed civs:
Kingdom of Poland

Most likely:
Assyrian Empire

Plausible civs:
- Portugal (trade, caravel, scramble for Africa)
- African civ (scramble for Africa scenario)
- Native American civ (civil war scenario)
- Brazil (idk, dunno much about their history but I do know they're Portuguese)
- Indonesia (Asian muslim country)

I would love to see Srivijayan. They were the central trade center in Asia. Traders would pass through there controlling trade from China to India and Africa. But I doubt they'll make it in.

An interesting question is: Do you get a social policy for ancient era?
If yes then Poland's UA could give them a nice heastart and getting free policies is a nice thing.

Sukritact: I agree, a renaissance Italy has very little to do with Rome, and well Italy wasn't formed until 1848, so I guess it would be a great and very fitting civ, considering Africa and all.

My guesses:

Poland (duh)
Hittites
Sumerians
Portugal
Brazil
Zulu
A native American tribe (I'd guess one that hasn't been featured previously, maybe the Cherokee or Navajo or something)
Manchus
Indonesia
Any reason you think Manchuria?
Have they ever had 2 civs in a game where they both had, without question, the exact same capital city? Even Germany and the HRE have different capitals.

Florence was a capital of Italy.

An interesting question is: Do you get a social policy for ancient era?
If yes then Poland's UA could give them a nice heastart and getting free policies is a nice thing.

Very good question. Essentially starting the game with a free policy would be a really big boost. If you took tradition, you just had 4 culture per turn from turn 1.

The other question is - do these free policies increase the amount you need for the next policy? IIRC, the policy from The Oracle doesn't do that,

It really depends on the sopols. I imagine they are getting revised again, what with the Trade routes and Ideology.

It sounds like the Mayans only with Social Policies rather than Great Persons.

So, for the African scenario: Italy, Belgium, Kongo and Zulu. Possibly Morocco/Moors too.
Add to that England, France, Egypt, Songhai, and perhaps Arabia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom