Brazil discussion thread

If they were to include a explorer type upgrade as a normal unit in BNW, I can see the Bandeirantes as a UU replacing them. It's a unit (type) which they can do something new with, in comparison to for example a Cavalry unit which I can't think of a new way to spin as a unique unit...

Imalich: I'm from Joinville - SC, quite close to Fabiano79 :)

At least in my school, they aren't glorified. We study them as people who hunted natives and searched for gold, as something between a Scout and a Musketman. If they were in-game, I wish they were a Musketman with scouting abilities than the opposite, as Seancolorado said, a scout UU is sort of undesirable. I don't mind seeing Bandeirantes as our UU, really, they could have cool abilities.

About the capital, I hope it isn't Brasilia. Rio de Janeiro is much more fitting, and is currently a city state, so let's hope it became a capital. No big deal with the capital, I'm happy to see Brazil, so whether they choose Brasilia or Rio de Janeiro, it's great

The Minutemen UU is a Musketmen with scout movement. How would you make the Bandeirentes different than that? Would you have Survivalism instead?

I though about the Minuteman, and I'm not sure which ability should the Bandeirantes have. I'm not talking about scouting-exclusive abilities for them, it could be something like Woodsman promo, +1 movement, a way to get new tiles through combat (don't know how to apply this, but they expanded our territory a lot), a way to get production from combat (they captured natives as slaves, it could be represented by generating a hammer bonus - as in chopping a forest - to the capital or a nearby city), etc.

I think Brasilia Won't be the capital (but will appear as a city later in the game of course) because it is too recent. Brasilia was "founded" in 1960, so it's been the capital of Brasil for a little more than 50 years.

It would be very weird if Brasilia doesn't appear as the Brazilian Capital . Although this city is quite new,the plans to transfer the capital of Brazil from Rio de Janeiro(which is located at the southwest region) to the center region were first proposed by José Bonifácio in 1827,just five years after the Independence of Brazil(1822),but because of plenty of reasons,it was "shelved" for a long time .

I bet the capital would be either Salvador (the first capital) or Rio de Janeiro (the second but more famous capital)

I think Brasilia Won't be the capital (but will appear as a city later in the game of course) because it is too recent. Brasilia was "founded" in 1960, so it's been the capital of Brasil for a little more than 50 years.

About the UU I think that the Bandeirantes would be a good choice. Maybe some kind of scout 2.0 that can attack? they were explorers after all.

Speaking of coffe I think it is possible to see them in game. Probably as a new luxury. (Coffe was a major part of the Brazilian economy during Pedro II's reign.)

I pretty much disagree on everything :)

I think Brasilia as a capital is almost a given. My doubts are about the second city: Rio or Sao Paulo? And after that, its gonna be hard choice after hard choice heh.

For UU's i'm with the people who thinks the Fatherland Volunteers are a good choice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_II_of_Brazil_in_the_Paraguayan_War crtl+f fatherland volunteers) (http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntários_da_pátria not available in english, unfortunately)
There's also the national guard (http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guarda_Nacional_(Brasil) not available in english, unfortunately)
And the super tucanos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano) (Best choice, IMO)

I believe Rio de Janeiro will be the capital because it was the capital town during the times of the Emperor Pedro II and it still is in many ways the cultural capital of Brazil. But who knows? Nevertheless I find Rio more probable than Brasília.

Brazil's unique ability is Carnival. It works with Tourism. When you have a Golden Age, it's called a Carnival and your tourism output is doubled.

Straight from Ed Beach's mouth. :)

They party their way to cultural victory.

I remember people writing that they really hope if Brazil is in the game they won't have some cheesy carneval UA or UB :lol:.
But it sounds very strong and abusable for tall GA focused empires.

I remember people writing that they really hope if Brazil is in the game they won't have some cheesy carneval UA or UB :lol:.

Interestingly, though, it seems to require waiting for a golden age. Tourism seems to start getting produced towards the middle of the game, so early golden ages would be wasted.

I do want a carnival UA.
Its just perfect fit to turism/culture in this new xpack

about super tucano,even though I love it its very unlikely to he be a UU

So Brazils strategy is to hoarde Great Artists and use them all for a perpetual party in the last quarter of the game.

No different than current CV's. Last 4-6 Great Artists are generally burned for golden ages anyway.

Dislike the UA if that's all there is to it simply because it locks you into going for a Culture Victory. Restrictive UA's are usually not fun, or how often do you play the Huns in comparison with a more flexible civ like the Chinese? It's okay to a degree (specialization is good), but there's a difference between specializing on a game system (i.e. Science as Korea) that can be used in various ways and on a victory condition on the other hand.

So,. I'd hope there is something more to Tourism than we know right now for that reason.

Dislike the UA if that's all there is to it simply because it locks you into going for a Culture Victory. Restrictive UA's are usually not fun, or how often do you play the Huns in comparison with a more flexible civ like the Chinese? It's okay to a degree (specialization is good), but there's a difference between specializing on a game system (i.e. Science as Korea) that can be used in various ways and on a victory condition on the other hand.

So,. I'd hope there is something more to Tourism than we know right now for that reason.

Tourism is also used to cause unrest in enemy cities that follow a different ideology.

Top Bottom