Information Drought?

Lewis: "People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand."

Shepherd: "Lewis, we've had presidents who were beloved who couldn't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference."

I don't know if anyone watches Anthony Bourdain, but on his CNN show Part's Unknown he will go to Morocco. Maybe they could reveal Morocco next week to coincide with that (or, you know, sooner ;) ).

Morocco has to be in. After they said that they're splitting the victory condition between European countries, Sub-Saharan Africa, and North Africa, I realized that Morocco has to be in. Otherwise, the only North African countries are Egypt/Ottomans, and the Songhai. On the other hand, Sub-Saharan Africa is Ethiopia, Zulu, and probably some Scenario civ.

Well, yeah, they've been mentioned by Dennis Shirk. I just want info.

Well, yeah, they've been mentioned by Dennis Shirk. I just want info.

Though ultimately we're all cool about it, I think the reason this drought has us antsier than other droughts of Civ's waiting-game history is because Morocco was casually tipped instead of hinted at mysteriously. There is no guessing game, just the fact that we know Morocco is in - but even worse, it's not 100% confirmed so there is always that nagging feeling in the back of our heads that's it's not in until it's in.

Well, a full reveal would be great. We figured out Portugal and Zulu from the shadows well before the reveal and we more or less assumed them anyway. I don't view Morocco much differently.

Morocco/Moors/Berber would all be pretty darn easy to pick from the surroundings of any pic revealed you would expect. I'm still hopeful for one reveal a week civ wise through the next 4 weeks. Last week we got that Portugal walk-through which had snippets of info and some of the mechanics shown to us. Looking at the release date it would make sense leaving the last month (June) for any other elements to come out. If I was guessing I believe a civ will be hinted at on Thursday or Friday this week and revealed the next day. That would give us a week of activity on that and speculating on the final 3 based on whatever is revealed. So I'm betting on 10th of May for the next major reveal.

After they said that they're splitting the victory condition between European countries, Sub-Saharan Africa, and North Africa...

Wait, what? When did they say this?

Whilst they will no doubt have Morocco in the scenario, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be in BNW as a full civ. Morocco is important in the Scramble for Africa due to them holding out for so long and due to both the Tangiers Crisis and the Agadir Crisis. That said, I can see Firaxis using Harun al-Rashid for their Sultan at the time, Abdelhafid.

Hoping for more info very soon!!

This friday will be 56 days since the announcement. If they dont announce two new civs at least then we're in for a longer wait than with G&K.

This friday will be 56 days since the announcement. If they dont announce two new civs at least then we're in for a longer wait than with G&K.

Sunday 12th will be the half-way point between them announcing the game on March 15th and it being available on July 9th. We'll hear more I'm sure by Friday of this week.

Whilst they will no doubt have Morocco in the scenario, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be in BNW as a full civ. Morocco is important in the Scramble for Africa due to them holding out for so long and due to both the Tangiers Crisis and the Agadir Crisis. That said, I can see Firaxis using Harun al-Rashid for their Sultan at the time, Abdelhafid.

Hoping for more info very soon!!

Although all the speculation began because Shirk's comment made reference to a battle between two early game units - a French spearman versus a Moroccan warrior or something like that. The likelihood of French spearman (or Moroccan warriors for that matter) appearing in the scenario being pretty low, the implication is that either Morocco is in the main game, or that he was getting something mixed up.

I pulled this from Twitter just now...

Kate ‏@Ga1Friday 1m
Dangerous lunch is over, back to work! LOL
Reading through a ton of great #Civilization questions from CivFanatics.

I pulled this from Twitter just now...

Kate ?@Ga1Friday 1m
Dangerous lunch is over, back to work! LOL
Reading through a ton of great #Civilization questions from CivFanatics.

That's good that we have great questions. Now we just need great answers! :p

That's great that we have great questions. Now we just need great answers! :p

I'm just happy that she/they are putting in the initial effort to deal with it. I was skeptical when Kate solicited our questions. I asked a ton of them anyway, but I feared that having thousands of questions dumped on their twitter accounts would cause them to backpedal on the offer.

Hopefully we get answers soon. If she answers the questions too late, it's a wasted effort. It's really a matter of days.

Top Bottom