Indonesia discussion

Am I the only one who thinks that ability is a lot of work for almost nothing? If you want this trade route and rush the ability to get to other continents your going to leave yourself spread thin. If you wait for it the bonus isn't so good the further along in the game you are.

If you do go for it then your lines are stretched thin and easy to attack. And your going to need a strong navy in addition to ground defenses wherever these cities are.

Yet if you choose to not rush it then it's practically useless.

I'm thinking a new contender for Sweden worst civ. All it needs now is a UU/UB/UI that does not synergize well with their ability and bam.

Edit
Right on time a swordsman that is going to do nothing for your Unique Ability. Unique Building seems okay.

"First two cities built on continents, other than their capital, get a bonus in the form of two unique luxury resources, and those cities can never be razed"

I wonder if that means other civs can get that unique luxury resource for themselves by capturing those cities. Why else would the cities be immune to razing?

I gotta say, that's a strange kit. I'm glad they're in, but I'm not sure how regularly I'm going to play as them. Guess I'll have to try it first.

Indonesia will be an absolute powerhouse on archipelago/small islands maps. They will have essentially unlimited expansion in the early game.

Edit: That said, there's not much synergy between its other uniques. The swordsman replacement looks interesting, even if it doesn't go along with the naval theme, but the UB looks useless (assuming the faith bonus is only +1 or 2). Gardens only get built in the GPP-producing cities, which are relatively few, so they won't be worth building unless the faith bonus makes them worth it on their own terms.

Man this is a try them on a water map for achievement and new stuff then forget them forever civ. A swordsman replacement with random! promotion after combat, okay that's useful but not great. Oh look I went down the drill line and got shock 1 how amazing. Or you could get march or blitz at random. Seems imbalanced and strange. A garden replacement with faith and almost surely like the coffee house a removal of terrain restrictions. Semi-early faith can be nice and it would promote GPP which is never bad but not all that great.

Could be fun on archipelago maps for easy access to ne "continents" but otherwise not all that astounding. Have fun on that Fractal that turned into Pangaea with no iron. The garden will see you though. At least Polynesia offered unique gameplay for their niche role.

My first reaction for leaderhead : What? Seriously? We got a (no offense) fat guy as a leader?

I think I prefer "chubby" Indonesian over fit Florentine any way. BYE, Italy :D

I think Indonesian player might start with "ISLAND! ISLAND! Where's ISLAND!"
Color seems weird. Civ 6 should show clear international border in the map. I don't sure I like to see 70 tone of color to define it.

Who's that purple civ on the Moroccan screenshot?
The only civ that these colours make me think of is the Iroquois. Is it possible that the Iroquois have been recoloured? Perhaps so a new civ can make use of their grey/tan colour scheme?

The only civ that these colours make me think of is the Iroquois. Is it possible that the Iroquois have been recoloured? Perhaps so a new civ can make use of their grey/tan colour scheme?

Haven't seen anything to disprove that claim - has anyone seen the Iroquois' colours in any BNW previous? I don't recall.

I like the randomness of the UU. Seems like a fun ability.

Lets hope they made swordsman a bit more useful and less of a tech tree distraction.

Top Bottom