Heroes of Might and Wisdom

I understand your concern. However, it is still important that Rangers get access to SOME kind of spell, otherwise they will only be able to go to the left on the pillars of talents. Or rather, upwards on the pillars of talents, now that they are all sideways. The problem is similar for Paladins, just not as urgent since they are one pillar removed. Every class gets access to skills, but 4 classes get no spells? What's up with that? Ninjas, Magicians, and Sorcerers can benefit from all 7 pillars, but Rangers, Paladins, Martialists and Berserkers can only use 4 pillars.

I agree with that, add staff for rangers, replace axe, so they can use healing spells
but not for paladin, since the skills are stronger than spells, and with necklace, cloak and ring, they can be much more flexible than berskerkers

"The Swarm" promotion, should stop normal unit from choosing it

For female hero, I'd like to add +1 wisdom for them, so they should be better mages

So female heroes would be -1 might, +1 wisdom? That would be decent.

More issues:

Sometimes, Thunder Hammer does not cause confusion.

Magic Cloak does not actually increase the range of Blink.

Hydralisks do not actually get two attacks.

Kerrigan's Queen of Blades ability now has no effect.

Kerrigan's Civilization is very expensive to maintain! Having swarms of units is no good if it makes you so broke that you're cutting into your science. If she paid half for unit maintenance in addition to the double military production, it would balance this civ decently.

Confirmed that melee units do not get extra attacks when using Avatar either. Combat and movement bonus do apply, though.

The new hero interface looks nice, but I don't like constantly seeing the delete button in front of me when I have a hero selected. I'm always afraid of accidentally clicking on it.

Thanks for taking my suggestion for Sarah Kerrigan's civ. It really helped!

Sarah Kerrigan's civ ability says the Evolution Chamber is "free" in every city, but it still costs 1 gpt to maintain. Either change the wording to "Pre-built" or make it actually free.

"Heart of Swarm" civ trait should say "Heart of the Swarm."

No Evolution Chamber production bonus when producing Mutalisks. All other units get the bonus. Is the Mutalisk not considered a combat unit?

The Flying General hero ability now states that the hero starts with Scouting and Ressurection, but still gives Scouting and Prayer.

Encountered a bug while using Mace: killed a barbarian with Mace, but the unit did not die, and the Mace skill did not go into cooldown. I also did not get any XP for using Mace. Since I had Thunder Strike, I was able to use the same skill to kill the same barbarian over and over within the same turn. Here is the LUA log for the incident:
Code:
[4901.046] UnitPanel: ABILITY_SMASH	TXT_KEY_HERO_ILLIDAN
[4902.125] AbilityTargetPopup: listen to OnHeroDoAbilityDamage , killed : 	true
[4902.140] Runtime Error: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Heroes of Might and Wisdom (v 10)\LUA\AbilityUtils.lua:987: attempt to index upvalue 'g_SmashIntoPlot' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Heroes of Might and Wisdom (v 10)\LUA\AbilityUtils.lua:987: in function 'UseAbilityOnTarget'
	C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Heroes of Might and Wisdom (v 10)\UI\Popups\AbilityTargetPopup.lua:255: in function <C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Heroes of Might and Wisdom (v 10)\UI\Popups\AbilityTargetPopup.lua:246>
Same bug also occurs when the Mace does not kill the target on the first hit. A civ's unit will stay dead when killed by Mace, but Mace still does not go into cooldown.

This time, Mind Control did not crash the game, but the unit I Mind Controlled received no movement, so all it did was stay in one place for a turn before I lost control of it again.

Set a barbarian galley on fire with Burn, and it remained burning even after spending a turn in the water.

I see that your solution to the Avatar +1 attack problem was to remove the extra attack altogether and add an extra 10% combat bonus to the aura. This is disappointing. +2 move and +30% combat modifier is not worth your hero possibly becoming disabled for 5-10 turns with confusion. I know that that's supposed to be motivation to use another hero to cast calmdown on the disabled hero, but in early game, there are no other heroes. If my only hero is an archer, and I want to be able to kill a barbarian and take the camp in the same turn, then I need that extra attack. That is what makes the Avatar aura worth it.

Unique Cloak does nothing??? Description is blank.

Dispel Potion is useless for curing heroes from confusion because confused heroes cannot select items!

Still get charged full price for a hero's first upgrade to another land unit.

After capturing a city containing Terrokar Forest, none of my melee units (including heroes) received the Woodsman promotion.

thanks for the testing, will fix these bugs

Mutalisks is considered air unit, it only works for land unit

for Avatar +1 attack problem, can't figure out how to do that now, so keep it that way until I found a better solution

unit only stop burning when go into or outof water, ship will continue burning like in the Red Cliff war, no way to put down fire on ship

Good luck figuring that out, then. While you're thinking about it, consider the Paladin talent that enhances auras, and Deckard Cain's civ trait. Would one of Deckard Cain's heroes (who took the right talent) get +2 attacks, +4 move, and +40 to combat during Avatar? Could the Ninja talent that reduces the negative effects of auras give a chance for the hero not to become confused at all after Avatar?

Wow... I'd rather produce regular crossbowmen, in that case. I can make two of those (or two knights) in the time it takes to make one Mutalisk. Sucks to have a unique unit that synergizes so badly with your civ trait that you don't even want to build it. Why not make the trait apply to all unit types? Otherwise, High Heavens will be making better use of the Mutalisk than Kerrigan will. For Kerrigan, it is only good for upgrading your heroes to it, not for building.

On a vaguely related subject, why not make Terokkar Forest give Woodsman to all land units? It's frustrating to have to pay to promote a hero from a ranged unit to a melee unit and back again just to get the promotion. Not even cavalry units get it, even though they can melee attack. It's an extremely limited use wonder, even though it's flavored to have high priority with advisors.

For boats in the water, good to know. Time to burn more ships!

Is it possible to turn off the voices of the heroes?

Also, I have a magician hero (archer), when I use the normal archer skill to kill barbarian, it doesn't seems to award xp, only using the special heroes skills/spells does. Is it intended?

V10 is another big update, new inventory UI make this mod more like RPG, 5 new artifact classes and 6 new abilities make each class of heroes different from another.
Download it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=183083848
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=21980

ChangeLog V10:

When using melee skills, hero receive conter attack damage.

New Artifacts and Abilities:
Add 5 new artifact classes : Cloak, Mace, Necklace, Wand and Hammer
Add 6 new abilities : Blink(Adventure), Smash(Skill), Thunder Hummer(Skill), Mind Control(Spell), Death Coil(Skill), Avator(Aura)
Now each class of hero will be able to use different artifacts and abilities
So the base Might/Wisdom requirement for artifacts are removed

New UI:

Add new Inventory UI, the Talents, Artifacts Shop and Upgrade UI are all merged into the Inventory UI

Consumables:
Add a first class of Consumables : Potions
Each hero have 6 bag slot that can hold consumables that drop from ability kills, and can use them in the inventory UI
There will be new consumables coming in future version.

Other Change:
Savage talents now leech artifacts from normal units
Only male heroes can use Taunt
Female heroes can only use Allure with a book
Calmdown now require a Staff to cast
No cooldown requirement for FreeUpgrade
Remove instantly heal
Increase Barbarian camp spawning rate

Thanks hiddensquire, Canabrava, wanren217, Bio_AAA, lnsh02, dalep, rripoooo, stad1105, daqing80 and all other player who help the beta testing.
The Inventory background picture are from Heroes of Might and Magic sites.

Oh... hrm, I had more that I was about to report before you posted that. Well, I don't know if any of these issues still apply to the non-beta, but I'm willing to bet that at least one of them is still true:

1) The AI rarely builds Warsong Hold. I strongly suspect that the AI still thinks it requires a mountain within 2 tiles of the city to build, even though you removed that requirement.

2) AI used allure near one of their own cites while I was at war with them, and it placed one of my units inside of the city, automatically capturing it. I realize that Allure is supposed to be disabled while stationed inside a city, but this is the only explanation I can think of. Jaina cast Allure and then the city captured itself. Here's a piece of the LUA log:
Code:
[13074.031] TavernHeader: AI use ablity	ABILITY_ALLURE	Jaina Proudmoore (Trebuchet)
[13074.046] TavernHeader: listen to OnHeroDoAbilityDamage , killed : 	false
[13074.156] TavernHeader: listen to OnHeroDoAbilityDamage , killed : 	false
[13074.156] Runtime Error: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Heroes of Might and Wisdom (v 10)\LUA\AbilityUtils.lua:424: attempt to index local 'hero' (a nil value)
[13076.046] NotificationPanel: Unknown Notification, Adding generic 1464
[13084.906] TavernHeader: enter city view, hide tavern

3) Casting Mind Control on a unit stationed inside an enemy city crashes the game.

PS: I love love love XP potions.

If that is the only way to solve the problem, then go for it. Thematically, though, it is no different from being able to melee attack or bombard from inside a city. This would also limit air heroes, since most of their time is spent inside cities. At the very least, Calmdown should be allowed.

Unrelated suggestion: You should make it so Diablo's Mummies promote to Riflemen instead of Musketmen. Musketmen are very much a step down since the Spear Throw promotion is not retained. Having their next promotion be Riflemen gives Diablo more time to produce more of this awesome unit.

Bugs:

Mind Controlled units can be deleted! Very easy way to quickly get rid of enemy units. Too easy.

Mind Controlled units can be gifted to city-states for influence. Control does not revert back to the original civ/barbarians at the end of the turn in this case. Instead, the city-state gets it as a "summoned" unit type permanently (until it dies from attrition).

Apologies for the double post, but these are important bugs worth mentioning and I've had information missed when editing new stuff into old posts before.

Heroes with spell immunity can no longer be cured because they are immune to Calmdown!

The embarkation promotion problem for sea heroes has returned in this new version. Once again, sea heroes have limited movement, vision, and defense because of their previous land unit status.

When Grom Hellscream uses his Mirror Image ability, he instantly DIES, but does correctly leave 3 illusions of himself behind. Still a very bad trade.

Dispel Potion still useless for curing confusion, since confused heroes are unselectable. Can't you make it so that Dispel Potions are automatically used as you receive the burn or confusion status?

Also, Dispel Potion does not even cure burn.

Units should not be able to randomly recover from confusion (without a spell or item) on the same turn that they receive the status. It's frustrating to finally succeed on a confusion spell only to have them auto-recover after spending 0 turns confused.

The game will often crash while exiting and returning to the main menu. Only with this mod.

The command sidebar for heroes that includes options like attack, move, fortify, delete, ect, desperately needs to be returned to how it was before, with some of the options tucked into a submenu. Sometimes, depending on the unit type of the hero and whether or not it is damaged, the bar becomes stacked so high that some of the commands go above the top of the screen and I can't access all of them. See the attatched screenshot for a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

PS: Using Death Coil to steal great people is fun. I enjoy the challenge of getting them back to my territory before their summoned health runs out.

Attachments

• hero_commands.jpg
    hero_commands.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 173
Seems to me that using mind control on a unit in a enemy city will always crash the game as you can't have a enemy unit in your city.
You would have to script the mind control spell to-
A:cause unit in city to capture the city by moving the unit out of the city, then flip the unit, then flip the city, then move unit back into city or
B: script the mind control to first move the unit out of the city then flip it.

Top Bottom