Sailing Ships Reskins

I think the best way to difference them would be to reskin the hull. In the picture that Wolf have posted, the hull si much darker. Maybe an only CnP of a good wooden texture will do the job and it will look less like the carrack.

Also, if you lack of some model, look here :http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=209775&highlight=shipyard there are some medieval ship that could be use for different carrack. There is also a lot of good ancient ship (I know your still in the age of discovery, but if you want to make ancient ship... it will be usefull).

Well, actually the ship in the screenshot from Wolfshanze has exactly the same color as the ship in the russian ship pack...

The models from the link are quite interesting. I haven't found them, when I searched in the database for models. Perhaps I was blind. Do you know, if their animations do still work in BtS?

If not, maybe The_Coyote can fix them :mischief:
I think he had figured out what was causing the trouble.

Do we even know if Arnes' ships are broken in-game yet? I haven't looked yet.

yes i read ;), i have downloaded them so far, but i only found the roman ones (or are i miss some), the two galleons seems to be reskins (only button and texture), after the nif they should not work (missing the MultiTransformBlaBla), but do somebody really want this ship (only to make sure the affort is not wasted)

yes i read ;), i have downloaded them so far, but i only found the roman ones (or are i miss some), the two galleons seems to be reskins (only button and texture), after the nif they should not work (missing the MultiTransformBlaBla), but do somebody really want this ship (only to make sure the affort is not wasted)
I like the Dromons (Byzantine) lateen-rigged Trireme... I plan on using it as the Mid-East Trireme until/if a better varient comes along (while the square-rigged Trireme will continue to be used by European powers).

I'm just now FPKing it into my game... so I'll test to see if it works with default trireme animations or not... I do, however, really want to use it as the MidEast Trireme... so if the animations don't work, it'd be nice if it got fixed (fixing the Dromon would not be a waste of effort if it's needed).

Okay... the Byzantine Dromone doesn't seem to work in-game.

It looks fine in NIFviewer, but in-game it looks pink (no texture-look), and it's not properly animated either... so something is severely wrong with this model.

Can anyone get the Dromone Trireme to work in-game? I don't know if the animation has anything to do with it (I used default Trireme animation), but weird that the textures don't even work in-game, but do work in NIF viewer.

The problem with the dromon should be related to BtS because I've used it in Warlords without a problem. I'm not sure about the animation anymore, but I think that worked as well. The only thing I don't remember is if I used the unit from that website or took it out of another mod. That could be why that one worked. I'll look into that when I get access to my old computer with those files on it.

I'm not surprised about the animation not working, but I was really shocked to find it looked like it had a missing texture for most of the boat (about 95% of the boat is "missing-texture Pink" in-game)... yet it looked fine (properly textured) in NifViewer... really weird.

This is a wrong texture path issue i guess. Sometimes people put a absolute local path in for the texture. Nif Viewer will check the local folder by default, so it looks ok in the viewer, but the game can't find "Z:\KarlHeinzDokuments\Texture\Maybe...". Its a easy fix - just need the path stripped away, so there is only the filename left.

It seems to do that if you set the path in Nifskope rather than SceneViewer.

Yeah, you always need to check the path in Nifscope, sometimes it refer to your harddisk emplacement, so you'll have to delete the C:\...\... and keep only yourtexture.dds

Well, I think the Dromon is a nice variation of the Trireme, and would make a good addition to the game... but the texture path needs to be fixed, as-well-as the animation (same problem as the others since BtS uses a different trireme animation).

Just one word to these ships: WOW!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

They look absolutely amazing. But what a discussion about those flags. We're talking about a GAME, and the most important fact is that it remains playable. I just love these ships! But in a game, team collours also help to indentify the other Civ. And as I expect these ships have no teamcollors anymore. And not everyone knows what nation :crazyeye: had which flag :crazyeye:in a specifiv era :crazyeye:.
For gameplay reason it would be better to have either Civ standard flags in the mast (that would be my pick) or national flag instead of navy jacks. Who could have known that if a ship approaches with a blue cross on white it would be Russian??? (Same for you first choice of Russian flag).
Do not be concearned of beïng historically correct. It is not possible in a game like this. How historically correct is it to see Roman Frigates and Roman Man'o'Wars??? :lol::lol::lol:.
And that brings me to my last point. Please, don't stop your great work with just the current set, but think bigger and include a Roman, Greek, Holy Roman etc. etc. eventhough it wouldn't be historically correct (although you could use ships from the Italian City States, such as Genova).

Keep up the good work!

For gameplay reason it would be better to have either Civ standard flags in the mast (that would be my pick) or national flag instead of navy jacks. Who could have known that if a ship approaches with a blue cross on white it would be Russian??? (Same for you first choice of Russian flag).
Exactly why I changed the flags on my end because I did change them to match the national flag in game.

You might notice the flags on the ships match the national flag! Had I used the original flag, it would not have matched the national civ flag I used in my mod!

The discussion on the Russian flags would be more tricky, since there seem to be half a million Russian flags floating around!

Just one word to these ships: WOW!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

They look absolutely amazing. But what a discussion about those flags. We're talking about a GAME, and the most important fact is that it remains playable. I just love these ships! But in a game, team collours also help to indentify the other Civ. And as I expect these ships have no teamcollors anymore. And not everyone knows what nation :crazyeye: had which flag :crazyeye:in a specifiv era :crazyeye:.

Since in-game the ship will already have civcolor and a civ flag beside it, the flag on mast won't really be used for identification of units, and one might as well go with a proper historical flag.

Since in-game the ship will already have civcolor and a civ flag beside it, the flag on mast won't really be used for identification of units, and one might as well go with a proper historical flag.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I see in all the images provided: The civcolor is no longer present because of redesigning and reskinning the ships. If you look at Wolfhanze's pic above your post, I cannot see the color of Germany (white) on the ships. Same with the Russian ships.... The Civ Flag, yes indeed, hadn't thought of that. But still....:D

Wolhanze, I like your custom nation flag! I know there is a custom Flags mod, but I don't like changing all the flags, because some of them I don't like or don't want replaced. Can I just change some? But I do like this German one. Still not sure if I want the Dutch Flag replaced. The "Prinsenvlag" in Oranje-Blanje-Bleu (Orange-white-Blue) has been one of the historic flags, but has a bit of a dark history. (Sorry for this off-topic subject).

Top Bottom