Blue Marble V4.0 Gold

hhmm...damn, i confused it with the mod ini file (which is a bit different).

...okay, can you see the blue marble files in your folders? No idea where exactly they should be, but it has to be somewhere in the My Games\BtS folder, a big bunch of .dds files.

I searched the BtS folder for .dds files and none of them are modified after 2008 so I don't think the installer worked...

Wanted to test it now, and noticed that i don't have it on my HDD, and my connection is to unreliable to let me download anything bigger (sometimes not even small PDFs).
So sorry :(, i have to give the "ball" here to someone else.

Wanted to test it now, and noticed that i don't have it on my HDD, and my connection is to unreliable to let me download anything bigger (sometimes not even small PDFs).
So sorry :(, i have to give the "ball" here to someone else.

That's alright. Thanks for the attention to my problem. Shogun 2 will capture my attention until some else takes the ball

Please? Anyone got a solution to above problem? I really want BM...

Please? Anyone got a solution to above problem? I really want BM...

I ended up fixing my problem by reinstalling the whole game, expansions and all. And then Blue Marble worked. Idk if this is something you want to try but it worked for me.

I may really want it but I don't think it's that essential for me :). Thanks anyway.
EDIT: DLing BAT turned out to be a good option for me :) That has BM included anyway. Thanks everyone for all the help anyway :)

Uh, is there a place I can get a zipped format download instead of an installer?

You could try this. I haven't actually tested that rar myself though.

Alternatively, you could use the file that I'm attaching to this post. It contains just a reduced set of Blue Marble files - it's basically just the terrain graphics; no interface themes or leader-head changes. This is the file that I use on my own Civ4 installations. I like the Blue Marble terrain, but I don't really like the other stuff.
(edit: by the way, this should be unzipped into custom assets)

Attachments

• art.7z
    9 MB · Views: 229
Karadoc, I don't even need to bother with adding any of the folders save terrain right?

Well, most of the folders are actually empty - so you certainly don't need to add those. But there is some other stuff outside of "terrain" that you will probably want. For example, in the "structures" folder there are some graphics for farms (plot improvements).

I'm not really sure exactly what else in there. I've forgotten. But I'd suggest you just copy the whole thing unless there are specific things you don't want to change.

Or, if you like, you can try it with just the terrain stuff and see how it looks.

It says that it can't find the civ4.exe file, and when I search for it in my folder[via the installer] I am unable to get it. And will this work with RevolutionDCM?

Hi. I've been using the BM for some years now, but I feel like I need a change so I've decided to go back to the vanilla graphics.

But I cannot find any uninstall instructions here...
Does anyone know how you uninstall BM?

Well, I don't actually use the normal install of BM. (I use a single-file version which I made ages ago; which is available here.) -- but from memory, I think all the BM files are basically just dumped into the custom assets folder.

So to uninstall, just delete everything in custom assets. (eg. if you are on Windows 7, custom assets will be in c:\Users\[your username]\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets - just delete everything in there.)

However, be warned that if you happen to have some other mod stuff in your custom assets (for example, maybe you have BUG installed there). then you'll either have to take some care to avoid deleting that, or just delete it and reinstall or something like that. (I bet you're wishing you used the single-file version! ;))

Top Bottom