The espionaze cellar

Indiansmoke

Deity
We will use this thread to discuss all espionaze matters so that the All seeing tower is kept clean with just the screens and the analysis of the Imperial spy.

The Imperial spy should update the All seeing tower posts with any evidence found here after discussion.

Continuing from the All-seeing tower thread, I think the team having 5 hammers is working a 3 hammer tile (assuming everybody settled on a plains hill).
Land area tells us 5 teams have 7 land tiles in starting borders, and 2 have 6 (including us).
GDP is interesting. Why does everyone get more than us? Willem gets +2 from creative and some civs could be working on a 2nd row tech for another +2, but the rest? Did everyone get rivers?

That said, I don't know how this info could be useful atm though. ;) Maybe on later turns.

Continuing from the All-seeing tower thread, I think the team having 5 hammers is working a 3 hammer tile (assuming everybody settled on a plains hill).
Land area tells us 5 teams have 7 land tiles in starting borders, and 2 have 6 (including us).
GDP is interesting. Why does everyone get more than us? Willem gets +2 from creative and some civs could be working on a 2nd row tech for another +2, but the rest? Did everyone get rivers?

That said, I don't know how this info could be useful atm though. ;) Maybe on later turns.

Very useful and I appreciate it! I would say from the demographs that we a below average start in comparison to the other civs based on demographs, though the accuracy of such a statement is not very great. I'd like to see the graphs once we are working our developed resource tiles. I think it's safe to say that at least one civ is working a floodplain, and another or many started on a river.

This thread will be a lot of fun once I get a spy to play with :).

To all:
Please keep discussion out of this thread, use the west hall. Its just easier to keep our discussions in one place.
Nvm, there are no expansive civs. Then it could be Ragnar building a baracks for which he gets +50%. But if the comp rounds down then I don't see how he could get 5 hammers.
What I really want to know is WHO is managing 5 hammers already?!
Any civ settled on a plains hill and working a forested plains hill will have 5 hammers. I think it is the only way this early.

EDIT: Just found the Cellar thread...will move this there. Decided to put a screenie so we all know what we are discussing!

That seems to be the case since someone is also taking in as little as 2 food (city only).

I would also bet on the build being a workboat. If not WB, then worker for sure.

While the King of Merlot is, of course, above spelling... did his majesty perhaps mean to type espionage?

CDZ had a score increase this turn of +6 going to 39. I don't think they could have grown to size 2 so fast so I think they teched their first tech, which means they were working a sea tile. That tech was propably mining as it is the cheapest and they could get it in this time if they worked sea tile.

Which makes me think they have no agriculture resourse, but have fish and propably are going for slavery.

CDZ had a score increase this turn of +6 going to 39. I don't think they could have grown to size 2 so fast so I think they teched their first tech, which means they were working a sea tile. That tech was propably mining as it is the cheapest and they could get it in this time if they worked sea tile.

Which makes me think they have no agriculture resourse, but have fish and propably are going for slavery.

I will post a new demograph today.

6 points for Vikings almost has to be a tech (no way they settled on 3 food tile and worked 3 food tile). They have both the cheap techs (hunt, fish) so they are almost certainly working their 3 commerce lake and finished mysticism or mining, and i suspect it's myst. Though they could have a precious metals tile(s) I suppose.

I agree with your assessment slaze, Having ragnar on this map makes my eyes bleed, since we have a financial competitor with wtf awesome naval raiding skills = insanity.

6 points for Vikings almost has to be a tech (no way they settled on 3 food tile and worked 3 food tile). They have both the cheap techs (hunt, fish) so they are almost certainly working their 3 commerce lake and finished mysticism or mining, and i suspect it's myst. Though they could have a precious metals tile(s) I suppose.

This can be confirmed from demographics and top 5 cities screens.

And I think they know what they're doing. I kind of hope the one, we don't end up next to them and two, that other teams fear them as well, and groups are formed against them (and the dutch also for that matter).

And then why should in be mining, they could surely finish that in time for the worker, it has to be Myst

And then why should in be mining, they could surely finish that in time for the worker, it has to be Myst
Mystisism and mining is the same cost so it could be either. My feeling is they went for mining, as going for a religion with only fishing & hunting seems impropable.

Interestingly someone has already food intake of 7. That suggests that the previous guess of someone building a work boat with five hammers was correct. It would also mean that they had the resource just one square away from their capital, which would also be on a plains hill. That someone would have to be Dutch or Carthago or both, since Vikings have been focusing on the tech.

Theoretically the tech Vikings got could also be Mysticism, but that would be just plain stupid with us and Gandhi around.

Top Bottom