Greater Europe - People of the Old World

My point still stands, though. Also, there are many existing mods that revise boring civs (although none for the Iroquois...).

Well there is Hiawatha Reborn by mikeburnfire, which admittedly makes him pretty good.

I like Civ IV leader traits, not because of Civ IV nostalgia (never even played that game), but because I like the general idea of it. While I agree that some traits are OP (inventive civs always snowball in my games) I still consider it to be a nice mod. You have civ-specific bonuses in vanilla, and then you have bonuses that can apply to some, but not all, civs, with this mod. Just for variety and more interesting gameplay.

Civ IV Leader traits!

---

Kalmar Union (Margaret): Expansive/Financial

The Picts (Oengus I): Spiritual/Aggressive

The Slavs (Niklot): Spiritual/Protective

Thrace (Sitalces): Organized/Expansive

Romania (Carol I): Creative/Protective

Austria-Hungary (Franz Joseph): Philosophical/Imperialistic

German Kaiserreich (Wilhelm II): Aggressive/Imperialistic

Great Britain (George V): Charismatic/Aggressive

---

Hope that's of use to you. =]

The mod doesn't have the Organized trait, unfortunately.

Heh, I only said it was situational. That said I don't like it because, in conjunction with its UU, it feels like they should go to war early and that's just not always possible. I might be a lame conqueror though, that's possible.

If you manage to screw up early wars with Assyria then, er, yeah, ur doin it rong. What you have to remember as Assyria is that you don't have to for anything other than military techs and a couple of the really early ones - just beeline for Mathematics, pump out a few Siege Towers, and go from there because your UA will propel your science much more efficiently. If you get an isolated start, of course, you're pretty much dead in the water - but on higher difficulties, that's true almost whoever you play as, since you'll be playing catchup for a lot longer than you should be. =]

Edit: I'll go with Protective/Expansive for Thrace then. =]

Meh, I just had one rather bad experience with them (got them on random) and that's enough for me not to try them again. They're not the kind of civ I'm interested in playing with, to be honest. I don't remember correctly - but I thing the crux of the issue was that the city I attacked became unexpectedly strong because they built a wall just as I came near it, so I didn't have that many towers and I also didn't quite know how they worked compared to catapults.

Does the UA work on conquering CSs too?

Why do people even use that mod? I don't get it at all, aren't they happy with the traits the civs have without the mod?

Personally I just like it because founding 7 pop cities with Sumer is hilarious. :lol:

If you manage to screw up early wars with Assyria then, er, yeah, ur doin it rong. What you have to remember as Assyria is that you don't have to for anything other than military techs and a couple of the really early ones - just beeline for Mathematics, pump out a few Siege Towers, and go from there because your UA will propel your science much more efficiently. If you get an isolated start, of course, you're pretty much dead in the water - but on higher difficulties, that's true almost whoever you play as, since you'll be playing catchup for a lot longer than you should be. =]

Edit: I'll go with Protective/Expansive for Thrace then. =]

'Dat awkward moment when you're ahead technologically than the civ you're conquering tho...

Going back to topic. How can you build Courthouses in Puppet Cities with Austro-Hungary anyways? I think there's something I don't get on the UA.

Looks fantastic, I like the unit, great synergy!

Can you stack Golden Age turns by declaring war on the entire world? ;)

(Also, Kerfuffle/Sgt. Roadkill - please could I get your Steam names so I can add you as contributors? :D)

Thank you for this release!

Golden Ages from starting wars? didn't know Mercia chose the Autocracy ideology.

Maybe they would have if they survived until the modern Era (or if they had built 3 or more factories) ;)

(Also, Kerfuffle/Sgt. Roadkill - please could I get your Steam names so I can add you as contributors? :D)

I sent a friend invite over on steam, and congrats on the release! Can't wait to try it out when I get the time :D

Top Bottom