JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

How do I install the Music Themes? They do not get played in my games...

Please, let us know once you solve the Swiss Guard issue and the Disciple issue in the Papal States civ.

Thanks again.

As of the latest patch you don't need to install the music themes (for those mods listed as being updated for the latest patch - i.e. The Papal States, Prussia, Normandy and Norway). It's strange that you're having issues. I wonder if there's a compatibility problem on your end. Could you post details about your setup - are you using Brave New World or any other mods?

EDIT: The friend for whom this mod was intended has this same problem; try updating your game to the latest version.

JFD, thanks for taking time to reply... I am using BNW and the in-game map editor MOD. However, I thought using other MOD would cause incompatibility, but that's not the case, I set up a game with only two MODs, Hungary and the Papal States civs, and still I got the same issues with the music themes, the Swiss Guards and the Disciples.

Besides the Theme music thing, have you tested the Papal States civ to check the Swiss Guard and Disciple issues? Did you have the same problems (Not being able to buy the Guards and the disciples not showing the Great Works option, just the Golden Age button)???

Thanks again.

These all sound like problems caused by not having the latest version of the game; as was the case experienced by another person. Custom music for the Papal States will only work with the latest patch, as will the Swiss Guard, which makes use of a newly introduced function.

These all sound like problems caused by not having the latest version of the game; as was the case experienced by another person. Custom music for the Papal States will only work with the latest patch, as will the Swiss Guard, which makes use of a newly introduced function.

I owe you an apology... :blush: YOu were right. I needed to update. My bad.

Everything's working great right now.

Thanks for your time and great work with these MODs... They're my favorite ones. :worship:

Oh, I am enjoying them... Oh, I am... Just one problem: recently, while playing with The Papal States, once I reached the Renaissance Era, Spy TXT_KEY_SPY_NAME_JFD_PAPAL_STATES_4 was recruited...

Very weird. Maybe a code name for him? He didn't like to be called by his real name? :lol:

Please help here... How do I change the spies' names? Thanks a lot.

If you are interested , I've created a leaderscreen for Genseric following Leugi's guide.

Attachments

• Genseric Leadscreen.jpg
    Genseric Leadscreen.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 282
Thank you for marvelous Norway (and Denmark fix) mod!

One question thou: Norwegian trait says "... Improved sources of Fish yield an additional +1 :c5gold: Gold ... " but actually all Sea resources (Pearls, Whales...) in addition to Fishes give you +1 Gold. After examining Traits.sql files it seems not to be bug because yield change applies to fishing boat improvement not the fish resource. Which one is intended behavior: text or sql-file?

Anyways, Knarrs already give you extra copy of luxury resource to be sold for high price so I don't find one additional gold too OP? :D

Thank you for marvelous Norway (and Denmark fix) mod!

One question thou: Norwegian trait says "... Improved sources of Fish yield an additional +1 :c5gold: Gold ... " but actually all Sea resources (Pearls, Whales...) in addition to Fishes give you +1 Gold. After examining Traits.sql files it seems not to be bug because yield change applies to fishing boat improvement not the fish resource. Which one is intended behavior: text or sql-file?

Anyways, Knarrs already give you extra copy of luxury resource to be sold for high price so I don't find one additional gold too OP? :D

It's difficult to say, but I wanted to give some value to the UA if you didn't intend to have a powerful navay.

It's difficult to say, but I wanted to give some value to the UA if you didn't intend to have a powerful navay.

True. At the moment I'm playing as Norway in a game where *all* sea luxury resources belong to city states thus I'm not able to profit from Knarr's ability at all. I only have standard navy and I'm not warmongering so combat bonus is not in use. Extra gold from fishes does help indeed as it also combos nicely with Golden Age before Compass.

I have issue with Danish Longships. As seen in screenshots, Longship's icons appear at random places. Saving/loading doesn't affect the situation. If AI controls Denmark, icons are not in place either.

I'm playing with OS X, so it could be related to that as mods aren't officially supported on Mac.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-01-05 15.05.00.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-01-05 15.05.00.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot 2014-01-05 15.05.31.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-01-05 15.05.31.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot 2014-01-05 15.54.25.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-01-05 15.54.25.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 180
I have issue with Danish Longships. As seen in screenshots, Longship's icons appear at random places. Saving/loading doesn't affect the situation. If AI controls Denmark, icons are not in place either.

I'm playing with OS X, so it could be related to that as mods aren't officially supported on Mac.

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I've uploaded a fixed version now.

Top Bottom