Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Thanks for that.

How can you have more than one religion preference? And if you're uploading a new version and haven't already, are you sure about the name "Independist"?

Thanks for that.

How can you have more than one religion preference?

It was experimental, and as far as I remember it didn't work well...

And if you're uploading a new version and haven't already, are you sure about the name "Independist"?

Heh... well, now it is uploaded with Libertador and Republiqueta.

Really, thankyou. The Libertador looks like one of the best modded units I've seen in quite a while.

Anyway, The Gran Colombia Civ is complete!... And this time the icons got nice quality too...

Download Here

Cool, will try it out when I have free time. Looks great.

Qullana are configured to use "Andeanism"

Speaking of which, I know "Andeanism" is a horrible name. If anyone has better suggestions feel free to post them in my mod's thread.

So... I discovered how to make a Custom Leader with Custom Music without replacing any other Civ, of course, and quite sadly, it needs some installation instructions, but it doesn't generate conflicts at all... For now, only Bolivia has been updated with Custom Music. But hey, a Civ with Custom Music! Check the link at the first post.

For the Qullana I'll use some ingame music. Will upload a new version soon.

And I need ideas of Good Music for the Gran Colombia Civilization, so ideas'll be appreciated.

thanks for Gran Colombia, looks awesome. Just one thing, when I played against him, appeared a error in his leaderscreen, doesn't affect the gameplay, but I couldn't see Bolivar...

Now if you want a theme, here's one:

Link to video.

it's "La guaneña", a song of the southern colombian armies that became a hymn of the the independentist campaign, this is the version made by Bogotá's philarmonic, I think could work as peace theme

"Andeanism" is a horrible name. If anyone has better suggestions feel free to post them in my mod's thread.

maybe Intism? Wiracochism?:lol: ...or just solarism...

thanks for Gran Colombia, looks awesome. Just one thing, when I played against him, appeared a error in his leaderscreen, doesn't affect the gameplay, but I couldn't see Bolivar...

That's odd... I've double checked everythin, and am playing against Bolivar right now... Either download again and/or check for the Bolivar_Scene.xml and show me its contents on a post.

Now if you want a theme, here's one:

it's "La guaneña", a song of the southern colombian armies that became a hymn of the the independentist campaign, this is the version made by Bogotá's philarmonic, I think could work as peace theme

Yes, it sound perfect! Will try it...

Also, I think I have decided something. Although I will add custom music for peace themes, I'm not so sure if I need to add war themes, the biggest thing is that some other music already existant could work, and also as a ways of reducing overall filesize...

-----

So, I have uploaded Gran Colombia with its new Peace Music! Hope you enjoy it. For now at least its using Elizabeth's war theme, which somehow fits him.

That's odd... I've double checked everythin, and am playing against Bolivar right now... Either download again and/or check for the Bolivar_Scene.xml and show me its contents on a post.

thank you, I reinstalled it and worked perfect...well, except fot this:

Spoiler :

I putted many Bolivars in game, the first one with the original colors worked perfect

Also, I think I have decided something. Although I will add custom music for peace themes, I'm not so sure if I need to add war themes, the biggest thing is that some other music already existant could work, and also as a ways of reducing overall filesize...

sure, Elizabeth's theme fit well. For some reason, it's really hard find some march that could work as war theme, so I thought in themes from another games:

Link to video.

it really fits perfect, but it's too short...

I put many Bolivars in game, the first one with the original colors worked perfect...

Yeah, that's something I'm not quite sure how to solve... I thought it was with the AlphaIcon, but its not... Why do you want so many Bolivar's?

sure, Elizabeth's theme fit well. For some reason, it's really hard find some march that could work as war theme, so I thought in themes from another games:

it really fits perfect, but it's too short...

Well, it could work, but we better keep searching, I don't really want to use something from another game.

Really enjoying this mod very well done. I have a question when playing Columbia what is your general strategy and how is Columbia best played? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Really enjoying this mod very well done. I have a question when playing Columbia what is your general strategy and how is Columbia best played? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Well, the way its designed, its sort of an ambivalent civ. It's main focus is being able to control happiness amazingly, either when conquering or when developing culture. The Gran Colombia Civ is quite a War-Culture oriented civ.

As such, you can either focus on a domination victory (in which the Libertador, Llanero and the Trait will help a lot, because of the free Courthouse you don't need to worry too much of the unhappiness from city conquering), or a cultural victory (which will help with the happiness bonus). In both cases, the Gran Colombia can be rather expansive, though not exaggeratedly, because it can undergenerate the policy bonus.

BTW, I just noticed a bug which was not allowing the Happiness per 5 policies bonus work at all, it should be fixed right now, and now I have included the music suggested for War. Decided that the lenght isn't a problem, and it works well. So, please download the new version and enjoy!

I miss the old liberation UA. It would have be good if you could have gotten to work. It would have encouraged team playing, having strong allies and protecting them if they come under attack.

i'm not so sure on the new one, so i'm eager to test them out.

thank you, I reinstalled it and worked perfect...well, except fot this:
Spoiler :

Hmm, the mod must be missing one of the atlas sizes for the civ icon. Truthfully, I never figured out exactly which ones it uses. I always make 128x, 64x, 48x, 32x, 24x, and 16x for the civ icon, though I think one of those is never used.

I did have Alpha Icons, for all sizes but 48, which is exactly the one used on that screen... So its fixed now, but I will not upload the new version yet... I'm trying to find a workaround for the previous trait...

I miss the old liberation UA. It would have be good if you could have gotten to work. It would have encouraged team playing, having strong allies and protecting them if they come under attack.

i'm not so sure on the new one, so i'm eager to test them out.

Well, thanks to the amazing skills of whoward, the old trait is up and running! Updated on the first post...

I'd like opinions on how it balances out, is 150 culture enough for liberating a city state? is it too much? is it too few?

Does it work with only CS's or does it also work with other civs' cities that were conquered by someone else before?

I'd give it 300-500 culture, but 150 is OK and it's your choice... Giving large amounts of culture would give Gran Colombia players the chance to get a completely new sort of culture victory which doesn't require a tall empire.

Top Bottom