The Forgotten: The Other Civilizations (BNW)

The only problem with the Wales map is that it isn't from Llywelyn's reign. I've got one as well, although it's not very good. COF, if you want to do this again yourself, there's a map of the region during his reign on his Wikipedia page.

Attachments

• wales.jpg
    wales.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 110
Won't a Welsh Longbowman show up in the game as "Welsh Welsh Longbowman"? Is there a Welsh word for it that might fit better (Google Translate suggests Dyn Bwa Hir, but Google Translate isn't known for its flawless command of grammar)? Or, of course, you could give England a Redcoat or something.

The starburst generally should go behind the thing in question, not over the top of it!

Let me know if you need help with icons and such. I'm finding it hard finding a good image for the Sho Hashi leaderscreen.

Try putting the starburst behind the thing in question, and for the thing itself, I'd use the Oil Paint feature on it, reduce the shine and stylization, then duplicate it and apply the cutout filter. Then use the Overlay setting on the Cutout layer and it should look quite good. Thats what i use for the majority of my icons.

I'd use the Oil Paint feature on it, reduce the shine and stylization, then duplicate it and apply the cutout filter. Then use the Overlay setting on the Cutout layer and it should look quite good. Thats what i use for the majority of my icons.

For some reason the Oil Paining feature isn't working on my PC,so I just use Smart Blur.
I'm really sorry but I don't know how to reduce the shine,stylization nor how to apply a cutout filter.If possible could you tell me where those options are located in Photoshop?

But don't get me wrong, I find this extremely helpful, I thank you.
Here's my result.
Spoiler :

EDIT:Here's Caer
Spoiler :

Here's a Sho Shin leaderscreen I cobbled together in GIMP a few weeks ago. It's probably not very good and not the leader you want, but maybe it can be of some inspiration.
Spoiler :

I'd use a sunburst with less lines as well (i.e zoom in on it a little). If the Oil Paint function isn't working, I'd settle for surface blur (Under Blur). Duplicate that layer, and navigate to the Filter Gallery. Under the Artistic tab you'll find Cutout. Set the number of Levels to 8, Edge Simplicity to 5 and Edge Fidelty to 1. Once this is done, close the screen and apply the changes. Next you'll want to get the layer that looks like all those shapes and change the mode from "Normal" to "Overlay". Adjust the opacity if you want to.

For the backgrounds, I'd set a color overlay (in this case probably green, because Wales) on the circle and place your desired background (with your blur effects) on top of it. Then I'd set the background to "soft light" and then duplicate it.

This is how I create the majority of my icons :)

Sho Hashi looks super interesting there. Nice use all the elements. I'd set the sky to be less red though and add a blur throughout. I can touch it up for you if you have the .Psd.

Here's a Sho Shin leaderscreen I cobbled together in GIMP a few weeks ago. It's probably not very good and not the leader you want, but maybe it can be of some inspiration.
Spoiler :

The background is brilliant. The leader himself, on the other hand, looks too... Civ4-ish... and has the wrong resolution for the background.

s case probably green, because Wales) on the circle and place your desired background (with your blur effects) on top of it. Then I'd set the background to "soft light" and then duplicate it.

Couldn't figure this part out, but here's my best result, turned out fairly well compared to my previous stuff.

Spoiler :

Caer
Spoiler :

Crannog
Spoiler :

Sho Shin himself definitely looks very video game-y compared to the background, yeah. Photoshop gets all the useful filters.

^And really nice icons, of course.

Nice work everyone! I'm going to look around for some images for Brian Boru and Llywelyn's leader art.

Edit: Found a decent picture of Brian Boru which will work great with the right background:

For Llywelyn there's mostly just images of a statue of him. We could however use some photoshop trickery to make him look a bit more human, I suppose. Here's the best pic I could find:

Here we go:

Llewelyn Icon

Spoiler :

Llewelyn Diplo

Spoiler :

@Homusubi: How does a unit using Nunti Bō sound for a Ryukyu UU?

They seem fairly obscure as far as weapons go. However, it is certainly better than Pechin.

They seem fairly obscure as far as weapons go. However, it is certainly better than Pechin.

The Bō is quite common apparently, though the inclusion of a Nunti makes it work well as a pikeman replacement. I've already done 3 swordsman replacements, haha.

How's this for a Welsh UA?

Land of our fathers - Hill and mountain tiles generate +4 culture when worked.

Also, I'm thinking of giving the Caer a tourism bonus when built in coastal cities.

The Bō is quite common apparently, though the inclusion of a Nunti makes it work well as a pikeman replacement. I've already done 3 swordsman replacements, haha.

How's this for a Welsh UA?

Land of our fathers - Hill and mountain tiles generate +4 culture when worked.

Also, I'm thinking of giving the Caer a tourism bonus when built in coastal cities.

Hills would be extremely overpowered in that case, they should only carry +2 culture.
Mountains seem fine.

And now for a surprise:

Download links are on the OP. Also, special thanks to TPangolin for the new spiffy teaser pics. I'll have them up for all my civs soonish.

Big news for the Mitanni is that they have war/peace music! I will be adding music to the rest of my civs over the course of the week. TPangolin has already shown my some good material for the Aboriginal civ so I'm taking suggestions for all of the others.​

Top Bottom