RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

Updated the CSA: Slightly increased the Sharpshooter's strength (from 28 to 30), removed the ability to build Manors on Silk and substituted it with Sugar for historical accuracy, "fixed" TSL support for users with YnAEMP v22 (moved the v23 map coords to a separate file), and added support for ExCE. The CSA and America can now spawn as rebel civilizations from one another, and Texas from the CSA, if all those mods are active. I don't use ExCE, so I didn't really test it out or know how it works.

Vanilla America or JFD's Lincoln? Have yet to play these guys against each other!

I'm trying to download the CSA using the Civfanatics link, but it keeps telling me the page can't be displayed.

Yeah, I dunno what happened to the URL when I put it in. I fixed it, but here's the direct link.

Also, darn, I only added support for Vanilla America and not Lincoln. Oh well, I'll add it in the next update.

So now that the Confederates are done and dusted (because the only people who update their Civs are squares), what are you focusing on next? I hope it's Yucatan or Kurdistan, because vanity. =]

I want to get Texas' update done, then I've got a couple secret civs in the planning phase/early production phase (expect those in a few months though), but I'm also working on Kurdistan and Bhutan a bit in the background. Cascadia demands lua and some art (UU and UB icons, and a UU model), though so does Kurdistan (except the UU model, I've got one). Yucatan and Vermont are indefinitely on hiatus, I'm afraid. In the meantime, here's something to whet your Kurdish appetites:

Definitely looking forward to Cascadia! Their "leave the land untouched" idea sounds interesting to me. I have got to play a game with all your civs together at one point. :D

I'm really quite looking forward to Kurdistan and Bhutan more than anything. Secret civs is always exciting though....

Thanks for pointing that out. Released a very quick update to fix that, should be live on both Workshop and the manual download.

Probably, but it would require a lua update and I don't really see a reason to change the current system.

Also, on the Texas update: should Sam Houston's in-game name be changed to "Houston" (to keep in line with the likes of Washington), or should it stay "Sam Houston"? What do you guys think?

Houston should be fine, I would think :)

Sometime in the future, certainly, but not anytime soon. I have to get a lot of other mods sorted out before I can set out fixing the last of Rhodesia's imperfections.

Well, feedback:

• California: quite frankly, the UA is OP. I never thought i said that, but the AI started snowballing out of control in turn 96. Also, nice music. :goodjob:

•CSA: I liked the decisions. They were pretty awesome in my case. :D i could take tribute from cities that my units couldn't even reach. :lol:

•CSA(uniques): okay, the UA(first part) is nice. The second part, as well as most of what's unique about the other uniques, is... quite situational. I would suggest something like that:

UA: Rebel Yell
Land melee units gain a unique promotion upon first entering combat. For the first 4 turns of :c5war: war, enemies receive a 20% :c5strength: combat penalty against your units(no penalty if your unit has combat penalty as well).

I only have two problems with California. The first is the lack of cyclicism. The second is that the Great Filmmaker adds some Great Works my Great Writer mod adds. So I feel obliged to add support. Because I actually like it a lot. Darn you, Kramer. :lol:

Top Bottom