Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

For Armenia I used the music from JFD's Armenia and the Sikh Empire I used the music from Sargon's Vijayanagar Civilization. I don't really know how to create the mp3 files so when I play a civilization that doesn't have music, I just look for one that I'm not using that has appropriate music and add that in. Leugi has a guide on how to add custom leader music in the tutorials section which I used to learn how to do that. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493367

For Armenia I used the music from JFD's Armenia and the Sikh Empire I used the music from Sargon's Vijayanagar Civilization. I don't really know how to create the mp3 files so when I play a civilization that doesn't have music, I just look for one that I'm not using that has appropriate music and add that in. Leugi has a guide on how to add custom leader music in the tutorials section which I used to learn how to do that. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493367

I suppose I could choose the music JFD used. I think xD
I know about that guide, otherwise I wouldn't be able to add music to Macedonia ;P I actually did everything it said and it still didn't work. Then the next day it worked after deleting the .xml and copying the code from another mod. Code looked exactly the same, but I'm glad it works :p
The lack of music in my mods is also due to the fact Ï'm lazy and not motivated to search for music I'm not gonna listen to (I pretty much turn off music in-game).

I, too, have had cases where the music seemingly for no good reason doesn't work, and then suddenly does. But finding the music can be the most satisfying part of completing a civ, IMO. It brings a nice polish to them, too (after being artified by a gracious Polish :p). You would be remiss to not include them, at least eventually :)

Most of my music comes from Paradox games. They are epic (and unlike other companies probably not too stingy about copyright). Knights of Hono(u)r, too, have some pretty great tracks. It's inevitable that we'll overlap, so go right ahead and use Armenia's Peace and War themes. Also, if you have any soviet/communist/modern slavic civs, current or in the making, I encourage you to use music from Republic: the Revolution, as I have for Peter, Stalin and Lenin. Unfortunately, I can't use enough of theme :D

Does Paradox Games have Europa Universals 4 and Rome: Total War 1 and 2? When I fired up the Tuscan Civilization my brother wanted to know why he was hearing EU 4 music.

I, too, have had cases where the music seemingly for no good reason doesn't work, and then suddenly does. But finding the music can be the most satisfying part of completing a civ, IMO. It brings a nice polish to them, too (after being artified by a gracious Polish :p). You would be remiss to not include them, at least eventually :)

Most of my music comes from Paradox games. They are epic.

I really did feel the satisfaction you're talking about after three hours struggling :p Soon I'll have all the time in the world to look for some music and I'll probably try to add some more unique unit skins as well :) Most of my civs miss those two things.

I'll take a look at those games' music, thanks :D

Does Paradox Games have Europa Universals 4 and Rome: Total War 1 and 2? When I fired up the Tuscan Civilization my brother wanted to know why he was hearing EU 4 music.

Paradox includes EU 4, but not Total War games (that is The Creative Assembly, published through EA). Paradox music isn't exclusive, just the default I look to first. But Tuscany is a Sukritact/More Civs' civ anyway.

True, but when I played the Franks I REALLY confused my brother (EU 4 is one of his favorite games) which was very funny!

He doesn't use modded civs. He thinks there's enough representation already with 43.

Speaking of Armenia, the Azatavrear has an XML and a SQL file that are doing the same thing, which is creating errors.

Speaking of Armenia, the Azatavrear has an XML and a SQL file that are doing the same thing, which is creating errors.

The strategic view thing? What kind of errors?

:[823661.765] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_UnitInfos('Type', 'DamageStates', 'Formation') values (?, ?, ?);'
[823661.765] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_UnitInfos('Type', 'DamageStates', 'Formation') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_AZATAVREAR, 1, DefaultCavalry, ).
[823661.765] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_UnitInfos from file XML/Azatavrear.xml.
[823661.765] column Type is not unique

whoward said to look for duplicates so after finding the two files, I took out the XML file and the errors disappeared.

:[823661.765] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_UnitInfos('Type', 'DamageStates', 'Formation') values (?, ?, ?);'
[823661.765] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_UnitInfos('Type', 'DamageStates', 'Formation') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_AZATAVREAR, 1, DefaultCavalry, ).
[823661.765] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_UnitInfos from file XML/Azatavrear.xml.
[823661.765] column Type is not unique

whoward said to look for duplicates so after finding the two files, I took out the XML file and the errors disappeared.

I understand it now, thanks :p I'll quickly update civs with a unique unit skin. I'm glad I only got like 5 uu skins so far xD

dude the war/peace songs don't play :'( I hear the opening song and the war/peace songs of other leaders (as i meet them or declare war on them...)

dude the war/peace songs don't play :'( I hear the opening song and the war/peace songs of other leaders (as i meet them or declare war on them...)

It plays at the very beginning and after that random music will play. Otherwise this is not always the case, apparently. But it does work.

Seljuqs are out? Very nice, will play them after I'm done with Carthage.

So, are you willing to share what your next civ will be?

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that lol. I have no plans for a next civ yet. I'll take a look at the list you gave me :p Still need to update the Bosnia color scheme. Got this icon:

Do you think that'll work or should it be more turquoise? Or more gray-ish? Or simply dark blue .. :p

I personally like the fact that the Seljuq UI's yields can be 'customized' and changed (through religious conversions). The problem is that it may be too strong. Tried to put some restrictions on it, but that might not be enough. Even thought about making it require Stone, but that may be too luck-dependent. What if there's no nearby Stone? Other resource requirements don't really make sense. Or I should try to exclude Flood Plains as well, if I can even make that work. One thing I don't want to do is to exclude Beliefs.

The colors look nice :goodjob:

Anyways, since you are about to update Bosnia, could I ask you to update the city list too?
Most of the ones you used are very modern, and the accurate one is very different.
I could make one asap and PM it to you.

Sure. Although keep in mind that I'd rather have important cities over the entire history than accurate cities of the exact time I based (most) of Bosnia on.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that lol. I have no plans for a next civ yet.

I thought with Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia you were going to start going down the route of former Soviet republics. You've got a few of the old satellite states, it would be really really awesome to see something like a Belorussian or Kazakh mod?

Top Bottom