TarcisioCM's Civilizations

I've been using the griffin for so long I just cant see myself changing it :p

Now back on the color topic, I think I'll maintain the one I've made today. But now I feel bad for wasting the time of both of you, sorry. :(

No time wasted! I anticipated you might not want to use my proposal, but I wanted to make the icon anyway, so it was really no trouble :)

Your scheme is ok, but maybe you could use Pouakai's icon? It's of really good quality, and it doesn't differ that much from the scheme in-game. :)

Oh well, I guess I could go with Pouakai's icon. I thought it would feel out of place with my other civs because of the effect he applies around the icon, but I guess it doesn't matter that much.

edit: And I really gotta type faster, everyone posts while i'm still writing. :lol:

It was just an idea. Do whatever you think is best for your mod. :)

Nah, its just that I'm so used to doing the art of my mods that it feels weird to use someone's else.

I'll use Pouakai's icon, although I need the new griffin's alpha before I release it. :crazyeye:

I based it off the Parthia icon in Rome 2, which I have a feeling you did as well, but used the blue instead of the brown as the outline. In any case, I'm glad you like it - here's the alpha. I also cleaned up the main icon a bit, here's the new version:

Also, here are the colours:
Icon: 25, 162, 198
Background: 95, 67, 105

We all just need to accept that Pooky makes fantastic icons. I'd always prefer great-looking things that don't mesh with the pre-existing work to less great-looking things that do.

We all just need to accept that Pooky makes fantastic icons. I'd always prefer great-looking things that don't mesh with the pre-existing work to less great-looking things that do.

true dat

Just updated parthia with Pouakai icon and fixed a bug in the cataphract's ability.

Here's the new color ingame, it really looks much better. :thanx:

I would have been faster if not for my potato-powered computer

That is more borderline pink and sky blue. Darker shades of them, like a rich wine under the twilit sky, are classy to no end.

(that or it's just that I fawn over giant robots whenever they have either color)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's grape drank. Not sure what wine you've been having.

Parthia update looks excellent. If you were still into doing civs from Rome TW2, would you be up for doing the Massagetae? I'd love to see a Massagetae civ.

Sure, I might start working on them after I finish the HRE. Already have a few ideas for them just from reading their wikipedia page. :D

It would see that there is a conflict between Parthia and my Norway. The culprit is this tag in your text file:

Code:
TXT_KEY_JFD_HAAKON_GREETING_HOSTILE_AGGRESSIVE_PLOT_BUYING_1

It would see that there is a conflict between Parthia and my Norway. The culprit is this tag in your text file:

Code:
TXT_KEY_JFD_HAAKON_GREETING_HOSTILE_AGGRESSIVE_PLOT_BUYING_1

yeah, I used your mods as a base for the diplomacy, and forgot to change that out. Gonna fix that asap

edit: And done, sorry for the trouble.

I like the Bactra civilization, but I was thinking about how it could be improved.

The theme is making money and making war. Right now the UA gives you an incentive to build city connections but not to make war.

So these are my ideas.

- Make the UA only give bonus food to conquered cities only that are connected to the capital, but increase the amount of extra food a little bit.
- For the UB have it work the same. More gold from trade routes going out of a city you built and extra gold if the trade route is leaving a city you conquered.
- The UU should be really strong to give them something to help them fight early wars

The idea would be that Bactra wants to warmonger very early on so they can capture a city and turn them into a monster. Free courthouses make annexing a city hassle free and since the UA gives big bonuses to cities you take from war it's better to conquer other players cites using your awesome UU, than it is to build your own.

This would give them a high risk reward strategy like the Huns, where you either win a early war or lose the game. Of course choosing to rely on steel rather than diplomacy has consequences as well, so even if you do win other civs might not like you very much.

Thoughts?

I like the Bactra civilization, but I was thinking about how it could be improved.

The theme is making money and making war. Right now the UA gives you an incentive to build city connections but not to make war.

So these are my ideas.

- Make the UA only give bonus food to conquered cities only that are connected to the capital, but increase the amount of extra food a little bit.
- For the UB have it work the same. More gold from trade routes going out of a city you built and extra gold if the trade route is leaving a city you conquered.
- The UU should be really strong to give them something to help them fight early wars

The idea would be that Bactra wants to warmonger very early on so they can capture a city and turn them into a monster. Free courthouses make annexing a city hassle free and since the UA gives big bonuses to cities you take from war it's better to conquer other players cites using your awesome UU, than it is to build your own.

This would give them a high risk reward strategy like the Huns, where you either win a early war or lose the game. Of course choosing to rely on steel rather than diplomacy has consequences as well, so even if you do win other civs might not like you very much.

Thoughts?

I'll look into your ideas once I start redoing Bactria, but for the moment I'm being lazy enough to not finish my Ptolemaic Kingdom rework that is 90% done, plus my Holy Roman Empire that also is almost done, so that might take a while :lol:.

One thing I can say for sure about bactria is that i'm going to replace their UB with something that also profits from city connections. Maybe turning their Unique Ability into this building? So you wouldn't immediately receive the bonuses from just connecting the city to your capital, you would also have to build the UB. And then I'll also be free to add cool stuff to their UA :crazyeye:.

Spoiler The Holy Roman Empire :

The Holy Roman Empire

Investiture Controversy:
Disbanding Missionaries in Puppeted cities will make that city produce 30% more Faith and +1 Faith for every 5 improved plots for as long as it remain a Puppet, and it will immediately claim nearby tiles.

Appoint Antipope:
May support an Antipope by consuming Faith per turn. While you have an active Antipope, you will receive gold equal your Faith generation, and you receive +1 Happiness for each 80 Faith you have. The cost for acquiring plots in cities is also lowered by 25%. Once you have 0 faith, the Antipope will be deposed.

Grant Fief:
May not be built on the Capital. The city will become a Puppet, and should it be annexed this building will be destroyed. This city will provide units for you each 10 turns of war, and during peacetime increase Production of military units at the capital by 5% (Up to a total of 30%). It also increases local happiness.

Steam Workshop / Direct Download

HRE released :) Hope nobody dislikes their UBs just because they are... weird... :crazyeye: Made them with corrupting faith and expansionism in mind. Also their colors aren't the traditional yellow-black so you can play with JFD's holy roman empire too.

Top Bottom