ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

Infact, I think I may go for some kind of modifier in cities per religion present.

I suspect it would be codeable in Lua, I could go for culture, but it's not meant to be a culture civilisation.

Any ideas what kind of modifier we could go for?

It's actually just as simple as a Dummy Building that works like Indonesia's Candi - +3 Production per different religion is possible, for example.

It's actually just as simple as a Dummy Building that works like Indonesia's Candi - +3 Production per different religion is possible, for example.

Exactly, I just need some ideas on what this yield will be >.<

You've already done a Faith-Warfare civ. Faith-Production civ, maybe? I mean, to everything, so it ends up really versatile.

You've already done a Faith-Warfare civ. Faith-Production civ, maybe? I mean, to everything, so it ends up really versatile.

I suppose so, but in some ways it would function differently from the Protectorate. The Protectorate was an outright domination civ, whereas I see the Mossi being a cavalry/faith civilisation, due to their position as very skilled raiders.

I still think they should have something to do with settlers....

I still think they should have something to do with settlers....

We actually came up with something really awesome to do with settling puppet cities, rather different from faith/warfare (still some warfare)

But it turned out to be extremely messy to code, so it's back to the drawing board

That's not what i meant to! I meant, something like that:

Each time you found a new city, there's a chance your empire will enter anarchy. Population present in cities upon founding always follows your religion(and cities provide basic pressure for your religion).

Each time you found a new city, there's a chance your empire will enter anarchy. Population present in cities upon founding always follows your religion(and cities provide basic pressure for your religion).

It has been suggested to me in the past that UAs with negative aspects aren't too popular.

by whom?

Well, I'd like to base it around this historical feature of the Mossi.

The Mossi had two classes of kingdom, a greater and lesser class. The greater class was the central kingdoms like Ouagadougou, and they would send aristocratic cavalry to capture new lands, and establish smaller kingdoms. The people of these kingdoms were considered lesser stock, though officially Mossi kingdoms, they were a cross between foreigners and native Mossi and had access to less political power as the monarchy and religion was very much focused on ancestor research and genealogical links.

Initially we had cavalry units could found puppet cities (friday court would be a courthouse replacement) but it would've been really messy to code.

I actually have an idea, which is "cavalry units have no combat penalties against cities, upon capturing a city, gain a Great Prophet and puppet cities have no occupied unhappiness ".

For the Friday Court, temple replacement, no occupied unhappiness, upon capturing a city, all cities connected to the capital and the capital itself that have a Friday Court begin a WLTKD.

For the UU, maybe an unit that receives bonus XP if the city it is built in is in a WLKTD?

I actually have an idea, which is "cavalry units have no combat penalties against cities, upon capturing a city, gain a Great Prophet and puppet cities have no occupied unhappiness ".

For the Friday Court, temple replacement, no occupied unhappiness, upon capturing a city, all cities connected to the capital and the capital itself that have a Friday Court begin a WLTKD.

For the UU, maybe an unit that receives bonus XP if the city it is built in is in a WLKTD?

I like it, though I fear the cavalry might make it too much like Songhai, it's certainly an option. I'm thinking that maybe the friday court is some kind of courthouse replacement that yields +1 happiness per horses and luxury worked by a city, and perhaps can be built in all cities?

The UU will likely be a raiding knight replacement that gains bonuses from pillaging (XP, faith etc.)

Got a design:

The Mossi Kingdom
Leader: Komdimie
Capital: Ouagadougou

UA: Mossi Domination
:trade: trade routes does not provide religious pressure from other religions. Receive 2 Mossi Raider units upon researching Chivalry. During WLtKD, cities provide extra :c5faith: faith. +1 :c5happy: happiness in the capital per every religion that has followers in your empire(+2 :c5happy: happiness if there's a city following the religion).

UU:Mossi Raider
Replaces knight. Has lower :c5strength: combat strength(18 vs. 20), but has 1 extra :c5moves: move. Pays no :c5moves: movement cost to pillage, and has lower combat penalty against cities.

Friday court
Replaces temple. Provides less :c5faith: faith, and has lower :c5gold: maintenance cost. During WLtKD, provides extra :c5gold: gold, :c5culture: culture and :c5faith: faith. +1 :c5happy: happiness.

Got a design:

The Mossi Kingdom
Leader: Komdimie
Capital: Ouagadougou

UA: Mossi Domination
:trade: trade routes does not provide religious pressure from other religions. Receive 2 Mossi Raider units upon researching Chivalry. During WLtKD, cities provide extra :c5faith: faith. +1 :c5happy: happiness in the capital per every religion that has followers in your empire(+2 :c5happy: happiness if there's a city following the religion).

UU:Mossi Raider
Replaces knight. Has lower :c5strength: combat strength(18 vs. 20), but has 1 extra :c5moves: move. Pays no :c5moves: movement cost to pillage, and has lower combat penalty against cities.

Friday court
Replaces temple. Provides less :c5faith: faith, and has lower :c5gold: maintenance cost. During WLtKD, provides extra :c5gold: gold, :c5culture: culture and :c5faith: faith. +1 :c5happy: happiness.

Hmm, Some good ideas here, the UU will probably be almost identical (but will be called the Nakombse)

I'd like to stick with a friday court that gives happiness dependent on resources as it seems to match the actual function better.

I'll likely include the religious pressure stuff if possible, and maybe the chivalry thing. That happiness thing in the capital could also work well, or something like it.

Though, what is WLtKD

I've come up with a new Mossi idea

"Nakomse et les Tengbiise"

City state influence degrades 10% slower per city in the empire. +1 faith from pastures and camps. All units gain a promotion where (Not sure about this, depends what is easiest to code. I was thinking double healing from pillaging).

UU-Nakomse Knight replacement that only suffers a 25% penalty instead of 33% when attacking cities. Gains extra sight/movement maybe? Works well with the extra healing from pillaging.

UB-Friday court, a costlier circus replacement that yields, instead of +2 happiness, +1 happiness per luxury/horses resource worked in a city. Can be built in all cities.

BTW, can someone send me a link with information about the Friday court? I can't find any info on them.

I've come up with a new Mossi idea

"Nakomse et les Tengbiise"

City state influence degrades 10% slower per city in the empire. +1 faith from pastures and camps. All units gain a promotion where (Not sure about this, depends what is easiest to code. I was thinking double healing from pillaging).

UU-Nakomse Knight replacement that only suffers a 25% penalty instead of 33% when attacking cities. Gains extra sight/movement maybe? Works well with the extra healing from pillaging.

UB-Friday court, a costlier circus replacement that yields, instead of +2 happiness, +1 happiness per luxury/horses resource worked in a city. Can be built in all cities.

BTW, can someone send me a link with information about the Friday court? I can't find any info on them.

Well, i agree on the UU... but you incorporated some french things and made a kind OP UA... also, i dissagree on the Friday court.
(Look, i honestly fail to see the connection between this UA to the mossi... about the Friday court, search for Mogho Naaba court)

Top Bottom