Is there a way to tell AI "I see your troops?"

paularsen

Chieftain
As the AI can do to me? I've got a game with a horde of Huns on my borders, and while I don't want to let him make the first move, I'd also rather not take the diplo hit from being a warmongering menace.

Nope, it is one of their countless avantages over the human player

There's nothing you can do but watch his units move around your cities until he finally decide to attack (or not)

You can sometimes delay or deter the AI by repositioning your own troops, moving them nearby, and/or blocking the way of theirs. Doesn't always work but it can sometimes get the AI to change its mind.

^^I hear 'ya!

Was playing a game tonight, and Atilla was hostile. Told me to watch my back. About 2 turns later he tried to sneak in one of his GPs into my capital. I purchased an Inquisitor right away. That took care of that.

Yes I wish we had the ultimatums like the AI does. Move or declare war!

It would make diplo better. Right now I feel that the player is handicapped during diplo.

I wish i could tell the ai that they their borders is puny or are they just having trouble with that.

Or, or, i could hear the wailings of the citizens in their empire and they better watch it or they'll just decide to move to a real empire like mine.

^^I hear 'ya!

Was playing a game tonight, and Atilla was hostile. Told me to watch my back. About 2 turns later he tried to sneak in one of his GPs into my capital. I purchased an Inquisitor right away. That took care of that.

I wish you didn't need 'improved by a 2nd GP' to get inquisitors.

My last game I had all my cities converted and couldn't restart my religion. Bummer.

Or, or, i could hear the wailings of the citizens in their empire and they better watch it or they'll just decide to move to a real empire like mine.

With the insane happiness bosts the AI gets that saying would become useless

To be fair the AI's idea of a sneak attack often involves declaring war and moving two units inot your sight and then the rest over the next twenty turns

Top Bottom