New Menu Screen

CivCube

Spicy.
The menu box itself looks pretty good. The background art looks rather depressing, though. Maybe that's placeholder art.

I agree the background looked a bit, as Civcube says, depressing. Factories aren't really my thing. I hope it's placeholder.

The menu frame looks really good though!

People were complaining about Francis I on the G&K box and hoping it was just a placeholder. Take that for what it's worth.

Personally, it fits the theme. I'd have preferred something more dramatic, certainly. I could see art from the Moscow Subway, for example. Personally, I think they should have more than one background that rotates each time you load the game.

I miss the vanilla back round.

Certainly fits with the theme of a brave new world going through some revolutionary period...

I think it looks fantastic!

People were complaining about Francis I on the G&K box and hoping it was just a placeholder. Take that for what it's worth.

Personally, it fits the theme. I'd have preferred something more dramatic, certainly. I could see art from the Moscow Subway, for example. Personally, I think they should have more than one background that rotates each time you load the game.

Though this would be muuuuuch better.

Hmm... yeah, I don't know. Personally, I'm not too crazy over the background. A bit too gloomy and industrial looking -- is it someplace famous? What makes it even more awkward is how much it contrasts the splendor of the interface's style. Surely, something a little more epic could have been chosen for the main menu. Perhaps it'll grow on me... Also, we have yet to hear the main theme which will also set the tone of things.

Does anybody know which era they took as art reference this time? I've got the impression that the borders of the in-game menus are a little bit straightened, less arabesque, too (just as in vanilla Civ5).

Did they went back to Art Deco? Or is it Empire? Unfortunately, I am a sort of a noob when it comes to those architectural epoches.

Top Bottom