liberating AI city

gratizzz

Chieftain
hi guys i wanna ask something
i play on deity
and i declare war on montezuma
i capture every city including his capital
and i only left him 1 city (make it not geno).
now alexander declare war on him and take his SECOND capital last city.
how i can revive him again? same to genghiskhan he got geno too with his REAL CAPITAL on my hand. but not me who take his last city.
sorry for bad english ;)
and 2 question more..
1. alexander liberate montezuma captured CS, will he get additional delegate for him? what about if i spend gold to that CS?
2.how to make someone war on CS? i bribe genghiskhan and he didn even touch that CS until end of DOW. am i do something wrong? i just wanna additional delegate :goodjob:thx

If you want to revive Monty, then you just have to take that city from Alex. It will become his new (old) capitol once again.

But yes, Alex will be allies with that CS he liberated. Surprisingly, though, the margin is not that huge. I always expect liberated CSs to give me like 300 influence, but it's 120 or 150, I think.

The upside for you, though, is that if you're looking for a diplomatic win, Monty will vote for you once you've revived him. Unfortunately, you're up against Greece, so...yeah.

If you want to revive Monty, then you just have to take that city from Alex. It will become his new (old) capitol once again.

But yes, Alex will be allies with that CS he liberated. Surprisingly, though, the margin is not that huge. I always expect liberated CSs to give me like 300 influence, but it's 120 or 150, I think.

The upside for you, though, is that if you're looking for a diplomatic win, Monty will vote for you once you've revived him. Unfortunately, you're up against Greece, so...yeah.

so its mean i can revive him without giving his real capital right?
and what about if i use coup to have that 300 influ :p maybe i only get 20% chance with third spy promotion.
and how long this warmonger hatred from other AI last longer? 100T more? i got 12 wine what about i i give 1 by one to them? at least neutral ? :mischief:

so its mean i can revive him without giving his real capital right?
and what about if i use coup to have that 300 influ :p maybe i only get 20% chance with third spy promotion.
and how long this warmonger hatred from other AI last longer? 100T more? i got 12 wine what about i i give 1 by one to them? at least neutral ? :mischief:

Right, you can revive him and keep his original capitol for yourself. He might still hate you for taking it, though. Actually, probably will.

I'm not sure about the warmonger hatred. It tends to set off a chain reaction of denouncements. And unfortunately, the AI tends to be resistant to gifts.

If you dow Alex and liberate that city correctly, you will erase previous warmonger penalties. This means that you will be less hated by the other civilizations.

Capture before liberating
you can't have a negative warmonger score so liberating first won't do much. Capture Athens then liberate.
Gain Allies
Not everyone may want to be bribed to DOW Alex but Alex may be bribed to DOW the whole world. Pay the asking price and DOW him before you click next turn. If you denounce Alex before all this then(on the same turn) you will have your denounce in.
Coup Alex's CS allies
Just because a CS has DOWed you doesn't mean you can be successful at a coup. If you are remember to make peace immediately.

Top Bottom