Endless "waiting for other civilizations"

Omirta

Chieftain
I'm getting the "waiting for other civilizations" text when I end my turn.

This isn't the first time it keeps saying that, but usually I can fix it myself. Most of the time it happens when the AI takes over a city or founds a new city. I have tried the delete all civs one by one trick to see what borks it up. By doing so I've found that it's the Sumerians that cause it. When I deleted the Sumerian civ the turn passed without problem.

But I can't find which action the Sumerians do that causes this problem. With worldbuilder I made him with peace with everyone, this didn't fix it. I loaded the save game as custom scenario and played as Sumerians, but I still couldn't find what was wrong.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?

I've added my save game as attachment. (It's in a rar because the size was too big)

Attachments

• save file.rar
    3 MB · Views: 225
The "waiting for other civilizations" bug was fixed a long time ago by me (over 4 years ago now fixed), and included in the Better AI mod, which is included in RevDCM, and would have been included in RoM if RoM had not died a while ago. The actual specifics of the bug involve units (and a particular unit group failing to select a mission), you could probably fix it if you deleted units one by one until it goes away.

Basically, RoM is out of date and no one supports it anymore. I recommend players move on to Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn (a RoM expansion) or Caveman 2 Cosmos, a spiritual successor that also is an expansion of RoM.

Edit: Here is the fix & bug discussion in the Better AI forum -> http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9833704&postcount=16

hello dear afforess,

regarding this subject,
i have it in my mod - but i guess it happens cause of some unit i made - so you suggest i delete the units till i find which one causes the delay? and probably some wrong mission that it has?

Yep. That is all you can do, if you can not use the SDK fix above.

Top Bottom