What's generally the quickest way to win?

duhu

Chieftain
Which victory condition (Science, Culture, Diplomat, Domination) can generally be won in fewest turns? If it matters, let's say on standard map with continents and 8 civs. Normal to high difficulty.

Depends on difficulty. Higher difficulties will allow quick Science victories because the AI will have money for research agreements. In contrast, Domination will take too long since they have more units, probably more technologically advanced, and have money to get quick reinforcements (so-called Carpet of Doom). The inverse is true the lower you go in difficulty.

Culture is difficult in different ways, since you will have to balance research, Gold for CSes, Gold for buildings and Gold for units to defend yourself. I can handily win OCC culture at Emperor and below (best effort so far was turn 299 on a Small Map on King). Higher difficulties will give you more gold since you can sell more stuff, but that increases the likelihood that you will get attacked, or an AI completing a space ship first.

Diplomatic is all about gold. And espionage now in GnK. You will have to outbid, outcoup and outlast all the other remaining civs on the turn before the UN Vote. Same comments about difficulty.

I'm fastest with Diplomacy. It's lesser beakers than science and all you have to do is take a few puppet cities to have a decent economy while maintaining DoFs to win.

Domination can be pretty quick but on the other hand you will be moving TONS of units by late game so in terms of absolute time (not by turns) it can take a long time. Culture games however involves a bit too much "next turns" without doing much but usually take the most turns.

Science is up there with diplomacy, but I find science less interesting than maintaining diplomacy (however unrelated to the thread).

domination will take the fewest turns but they will be longer meaning that you will spend more hours winning a high difficulty game with military

Yeah, Domination being quickest in turns makes sense. Domination victories always have higher scores, and cultural always has the lowest for me.

Definitely domination victory.

Obviously you could combine science then go domination, or to a lesser extent culture then go domination, but either way it's still domination just it comes a little later than aiming to be a warmonger from turn one.

On easier difficulties, Cultural Victory is the quickiest purely because of the fact that you gain Policies at a faster rate (i.e, on Settler and Quick, you only need 5 cultural points for your first choice of policies).

Top Bottom