No religion for my Civ?

Jethro31

Chieftain
Playing epic, continents, huge and before I ever got enough faith to get a GP all of the religions were taken...

Is this a bug?

I mean how can ALL the religions be taken... why couldn't I invent a new one?

People have been doing it for thousands of years... It is impossible for all the religions to be taken, my Civ could worship "Gil the talking Salamander" for example.

At any rate, not happy with this programming flaw. I usually use my faith to purchase GS to boost tech, now my Civ is just a faith farm for my neighbors Civs. Not Cool.

This is one aspect of the game that currently sucks. Let's hope they do something about it next patch. I bet there will be people posting in how it is a good feature though.

If every civ could have a religion you would never have followers in any cities except your own. Why? Because the AI bonuses would kill any of your followers and replace them with their own with the quicker great prophets they spawn.
===
And for balance sake it would ruin a lot of beliefs and unbalance areas.

Just not a balanced idea. Not every country in the world has its own religion (I mean in regards to majority/significant followings) anyways

I think there might be a small flaw in how the AI uses his/hers Great Prophets, as far as I recall, When I made a mini scenario, I plop down Isabella and Gandhi, and gave each civ 6 prophets, for some reason, once I founded my panthoen, I could NOT use the any of the Prophets, yet the AI, who had the same set up, was able to.

It's a gameplay choice. If there's a limited number of religions, then you have to make a decision. Do you choose to dedicate your production to getting a religion now? If not, you choose to put it to other things, such as workers and soldiers.

However, it's a race, so the longer you put it off...

If everyone could have a religion, it's no longer a race. This way, you have to make a choice, and that's where strategy comes in.

Top Bottom