JEELEN's Civ2 Scenarios

As I've already mentioned on my other threads, my comp's died on me... Luckily I just about uploaded anything Civ2 I had already, but otherwise I'll be not doing much else than posting...:(

im a big fan of Stat Trek Civ 2.

Babylon 5 Universe does not include the entire Galaxy. in the Babylon 5 univeres exsplored space is Everything with in 200 Light years of the Sun. theres no way of putting all the Civ 2 Civilizations on a Galaxy map they are too close and iv searched the internet high and low for information of whats beyond that 200 light year radius of the Sun. regard less i find the Babylon 5 modpack/scenario useless when you open it up it shows planets inside the solar system if discovered that there is this one scenario that fits perfectly with the Babylon 5 Modpack its called Battle for Sol and theres the humans called United Earth Alliance and when you go to Intersteller space you find that the aliens all look like the Shadows its impressive im thinking of checking it out again some day but it would be better to have Mercury on the Oposite sid of the Sun and have Venus about as close and then exspand the map noth and south a few squares to put in other Solar Objects like Asteroid Ceres and Vesta. seeing as Ceres and Vesta will be charted some time by 2016 in real life its not too far fetched that the two big supper asteroids would get colonized by the Humans in this scenarios. also i had alot of problems with the size of the earth. i once downloaded "Mega Planets Demo" and i was just blown away you can make the Earth 3 by 3 squares and put 2 or 4 Territoys on it when im doing 2 i just put in Geneva and Newyork but when its 4 i put in Geneva ,London, New York , and Sandiego all four of these city names are used in Babylon 5 so earth will look all crowded and stuff what i usally do is also down load the Dominion war and use the " bad lands" squares to make the Earth look like it has a atmosphere no cites are to be placed on the 3 by 3 earth squares but the 4 cites are to be built on the badlands squares ringing around the earth also cut off the corners of the badlands to make the earth look like a circle. i never got to see any of the other mega planets get asembled but i was trying my hardest to make the Saturn but could not. in this Univeres theres a territory called "saturn base" which orbits Saturn as a Space Sation. i was trying to put the Saturn on the Babylon 5 scenario called "shadow of war" also Narn-Centuari Scenario does not work just like Mega planets will not. so i never got to exsplore The Planet of narn.

i was also trying to totally change the Map to put the civilizations in there corect spots Minbar federation,Earth Alliance, Narns, Centuari rebublic, League of non-aligned worlds, shadows ,and Vorlons. i noticed that there was a terrtory called Babylon 5 it should have been named Epsilon 3 and there should have been a Unit orbiting it called Babylon 5 i once seen a babylon 5 unit a long time ago. also the leage of non aligned worlds was not Sqattered around the map enough there not suppoed to all be clumped together. and one of the names of a narn territory was a leage world.

moving Along Star Trek is the universe you want to be in if you want to simulate a big galaxy with dozens of Scenarios i would rather play that any ways.

so much history so many technoligys many units. so far i found three i liked best Galaxy map with the regular units not fleet units, dominion war by kobyoshi, and that one mod pack called star trek generations. if there is a way to make some thing fun out of all this let me know and ill play it.

so far these races have units that i know of
Federation
Romulans
Klingons
Cardasians
dominion
Ferengi
Borg
bajorans
Tholians
bolian
Breen

also wonders you can build are very exstensive i like Vidiian Medical Treatments it replaces Cure For Cancer its to be built in the Viddia territory in the Delta Quadrant.

the ferrengi also have a load of Wonders to be Built Grand Nagus in the Nagus Terrtory and Divine Treasury on Ferenginar and the F.C.A on Ferenginar plus you can also put in Tower of Commerce on Ferrenginar plus the fergengi have a speical unit called Traders they are ground forces theres also the Maurader ships. is there a way to make a scenario that acuratly depicts some part of the galaxy and has 7 civilizations to play?

Wow. I'd suggest checking out the existing Star Trek scenarios to see how they're done. (BTW, in the old Civ2 database there are also some Star Wars scenarios; don't know if you're into that?)

As I've already mentioned on my other threads, my comp's died on me... Luckily I just about uploaded anything Civ2 I had already, but otherwise I'll be not doing much else than posting...:(

Forgot to mention on this thread I've got a new PC now.;)

JEELEN i down loaded your Mughal Conquests Scenario. i did not like it reason being every Sqare n the map was not conquered by every one in my scenarios all the Civilizations have all the land on the map. plus there were no boats in any Sri Lanka cities so it took forever to grow big why did you handicap the English so much?none the less i did down load it and im playing it now. i will try make it better and down load my version of it based in a diffrent year.

You sent me PM as well on this, but the Mughal Conquest scenario is by Stefan Härtel, so I can't say much about it.

I also noticed your world map endeavour; it sounds ambitious and I think it would be interesting to see it finished.;)

it says by Stefan Hartel but it also says uploaded by Jeelen. all im saying is that Aussie Map , South East Asia map and india map are all done at the same Scale. which means you can do some thing to fit them together.

when i down loaded Aussie map i noticed that Port philp bay is a ocean Square and that Melbourne and Geelong can be shown as seperate Cites in real life Melbourn and Geelong are separate metro politan areas even though they touch one another. also Sydney is very large and can by shown useing two cities at that scale there can be a Eastern and a western Sydney and eastern sydney of course is where the down town is.

problem there is that i do not have numberes on all of Sydney places in its metro area so i cannot be acurate in doing it there used to be figures for this but i cant find them. also in the year 2004 in real life Down town Sydney merged with south sydney city to form the city of sydney. perhaps the world in real life is still changing. if i were to use Aussie Map i would probabley show all od Anatartica thats near Australia and New zealand and the edge of the map would be 180 merdian or international date line.im convinced that over a billion people can be put on the india map and it can be map population accurate. but before i do this big map project i will buy the map making supplies go back to two map project. im going to by a few note books draw maps out on Note book paper and put them togeter i will do this early next year. i know that two maps of the earth will not be population acurate but the India nation can be twice as big meaning twice as many people. im glad your behind me on the project Jeelen.

but i think if i show all of anatartica at this scale more then likely australia would be cut into two pieces a north and a south so i would have to have states of australia as seperate civilizations this would be interesting to play perhaps a hypothetical situation. every research station in Antartica can be a city. i remember a long time ago in the 1990's finding out about a place called Little America in antartica.

OK, I still don't know what you're talking about...:crazyeye: (And it says I uploaded it, because it's a file I uploaded from the old database to the new one.)

Wow! Great to hear from you...:D I plead guilty to doing an 'update' on your Star Trek scenarios.* (Actually, I did that quite some time ago, before I even was a member.) I really admire your work, graphics and all, both as concerns Sci-Fi and the ZWK scenario. I didn't know you were still around, otherwise I might have sent you a notification or something, or asked to permission to even upload my stuff... I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, as this was certainly not my intention.

* I felt missiles travelling to other systems were a bit premature for the Dominion War era. (Besides that, I just like to experiment with existing scenarios/maps/mods.) I used to play especially ST: DW (and ST: BAQ) quite a lot.

Hello Jeleel, MPescatori here frmo Italy (wow!)

I play CIV2 2.62, but I don't think it's a MGE or anything.
Anyway, I play solo.

I just downloaded your "giantmap", problem is, the extension of the map is " .7z"...:confused::confused::confused:

OK, how am I supposed to "process it" in order to get my CIV.exe to load it?

Thanks.

(PS have you ever found a way to make rivers navigable? other than creating lake chains...)

Hi, mpescatori! I've got a list of my uploads in post #1.

7-zip is freely downloadable here: http://www.7-zip.org/. After unzipping the file should be placed in your Civ2/Scenarios folder.

Certain quite detailed scenarios use (partly) navigable rivers -although the terrain then is "sea" (or Ocean). Otherwise I wouldn't know how to make rivers navigable.;)

the only problem with a 4 partmap of the galaxy is that we knowthat the game can only have 7 civlizations but if there was say a beta Quadrant map we would have Federation,Klingons, Romulans and Gorn,Tholians,coalition, and Nuetrals but try to find the 7 civilizationsof DeltaQuadrantionce seen a Species 8472 unit only about a week ago. the borg have ships the federation only has one out post in the delta quadrant called "New terra" which gets founded after voyager series is over some time by 2450 AD but aside from that theres just coalition andnuetralin delta quadrant theres not much race units for the delta quadrant to do a 7 civ game. all 4 quadrants should have 7 civilizations but the alpha and betaobviusly share the Federation.

the Gorn do not have any units but they do have a wonder thats built on the Cestus 3 world. the Vidians have a wonder the Vidian Medical treatments but the vidians do not have any units i could find. the ferengi have both wonders and units. the Klingons have the "sword of Kahless wonder" the romulans have the "romulan neural zone wonder" and Romulan Inate wonder" obviusly theres so many wonders that they cant all go on the same map. and if we had 4 maps that could go together for some one likeme to exsperiment with then i would like to help develop the massive project where each of the 4 maps gets a separatemod pack so that it showsevery ones work onone download unless of course it was not creative enough or i thought it was not cool enough i downloaded the mod pack i wanted but it was changed some how and i did not like the changes i was very disapointed.i knew the scenarios were bad but i got it for the modpack which some one messed up. it had a thing showing 21 civlizations you could pick from and its not the same as it was.

i recallplaying as the Gorn and they had numbered Territorys and when i built the capital it was Territory- 226 or somethinglike that i kept wondering howcool itwould be if they had a Beta Quadrant map and i could play as these guys but then i tried to exsplore and allof a sudden i noticedno gorn units and not remembering whatgornships lookedlike i lost interest asplaying as the gorn, any one remember the gorn from this modpack that im talking about?
thing is the gorn wonder is found on koybiyashis Dominion war modpackso i was trying my hardest to put it all together but there was so much find out and i hadent the time.

Top Bottom