Final Fixes Reborn

1 bug detected. Please confirm.

Civ: Calabim.

Units related: Bloodpet, vampire, vampirized units.

Description: that spell which kills a bloodpet to heal a vampire and allow him attack again, only works 50%, it heals but dont reload his attacks.

Checked with pure vampires and bitten ones, and Loshas too.

Just tried it in a new game (one classic vampire+1bloodpet against barbarians)
Same conclusion as you.
Added to buglist :goodjob:

Ronkhar I'd be glad to continue contributing with you here if you need anything else. My time is lower now, but I'm not giving up :).

Thank you for continuing the project for me. The support has been amazing.

I tried to download the 1.4 file (instead of updating through FFH2 and on and on) and, like other people, absolutely none of the modbb or desura links work for me, including the ones here on the forum and anything that Valkrionn or Ronkhar have posted in this thread. Some lead to 'file not found' warnings.

I did get the file by doing what the guy above suggested, signing up to Desura (not downloading the program) and then it worked fine. I got it. :cool:

If there is a regional bias in the site, perhaps there is another file dump that it could be put in and added to the post? Some people might not be as diligent in tracking the file down, especially new players.

I tried to download the 1.4 file (instead of updating through FFH2 and on and on) and, like other people, absolutely none of the modbb or desura links work for me, including the ones here on the forum and anything that Valkrionn or Ronkhar have posted in this thread. Some lead to 'file not found' warnings.

I did get the file by doing what the guy above suggested, signing up to Desura (not downloading the program) and then it worked fine. I got it. :cool:

If there is a regional bias in the site, perhaps there is another file dump that it could be put in and added to the post? Some people might not be as diligent in tracking the file down, especially new players.

Thanks, it's good to know that even gamefront has issues for some people :mad:

I will definitely learn how to publish a torrent version of RifE's next update (aka 1.42 complete) and use my personal server as a seeder. I have a bad bandwidth (upload ~50 KB/s) but it won't have these weird limitations.
And hopefully, other people will seed it too.

PS: It will be real soon: I was told yesterday afternoon that the spanish translation team has almost finished.

Update 2013-05-06:

• I'm on holidays from tomorrow till the end of the week --> no internet.
  • I'm studying Valkrionn tutorial on the creation of an installer (inno setup). Looks quite easy.
  • Another possibility emerged for the uploading of future versions: google drive, with public share. Features seem good:
    • 5GB max size
    • exe and archives authorized
    • no login needed
    • unlimited downloads (bandwith limit should be high enough)
    • no deletion of files (number of downloads, age of the file, ...)
    • no apparent geographic restrictions.
  • Valkrionn wants us to use another name than RifE, which I can understand: he has no control over the direction we give to the mod; moreover, the RifE team did the same when they continued/forked from Fall Further (Fall Further Plus, then Rise from Erebus)
    As Final Fixes (reborn) is far too generic, I have begun brainstorming with myself for a new name. 1st possibility: "Acheron's Awakening". (everybody like dragons; their savagery is a symbol of Erebus; it has assonance in it :crazyeye:) What do you think?
    Any suggestions welcome.

Hey all,

New name? Hmmm: had fall from heaven... then rise from erebus (which is basically hell)... maybe something with the word stand? Not a generic "Last Stand" but something that fits the theme? Between gods and demons? Fire and ice? Or perhaps using the word Perdition... that ruined state of the soul, or purgatory... thematic at least. Rise, falll... the edge... threshold... marchland! Just brainstorming.

Dragon's are popular with Game of Thrones (though the game itself isn't terribly dragon heavy), could be good for people seeking GoT mods to find this one though.

Played a couple games with 1.41.03.

1) Barbarians are certainly far less invasive/agressive (as someone else said before). In older versions the AI couldn't handle it, and they tended to be weak as a rule because of it, so I can't say I mind too much, but perhaps, at least for human players, they might invade. Also, so animals with ages older than the number of turns some far in the game.. is that normal?

2) Some strange CTDs on movements: no illegal moves, it just didn't like it when I moved a Dwarf on a peak and CTD'ed... but then after reload it didn't CTD on the same move. Also, 2 other times a repeatable CTD on a legal move, but wait a turn, or move to an adjacent square, and no CTD. If this is of interest to you, I can email in a saved game next time I see it. In general though, so far with just a couple civs, no real game-play problems or graphics issues. Once I got a 'missingtxt' message, but mostly it works well.

3) I've been pretty weak a couple times, playing on deity, and no one declared war on me (though I did give some techs and gold away, but that doesn't always stop them). Maybe an anomaly, did you tweak the AI agression?

4) Going to get a big 4-player MP game in the next couple weeks, will report on that. I would, for interest's sake, like to hear of anyone else's MP experiences. Especially the barbarian archer OOS error or just other pesky OOS errors happeneing with increasing frequency as the game goes on.

5) I do some freelance copy-editing and translation. There are some typos, etc. in the texts that pop up, I could proof-read and save changes in a .doc or .odt file so you can review them, if that kind of help is needed.

6) Old bug that Valkrionn knew about, not sure if it got patched up... when you make Auric Ascended the Godslayer weapon should spawn in the most powerful enemy's capital... well, it used to spawn in the Illian capital... not too fair at all! :eek:

Thanks guys for working on this :goodjob:
M

Ronkhar - only started playing this mod, but thanks for taking over the development. Really enjoying it so far, so your (and your team's) effort is very much appreciated! I'll report bugs as I find them.

Bug report:

I should only be able to chop a forest at Bronze Working.
Straight from the first turn, I can build mines.
If I have a hill with a forest, I do not have the option to chop the forest - but I do have the option to build a mine which auto chops the forest. This doesn't seem like it should be allowed.

Agree with Rodge. Looks like a glitch on mechanics.

Another few buggs i noticed these weeks:

1- Govanon special ability for teaching to others, doesnt work properly. I tried twice to learn spells to mages stacks and nobody learns nothing.
Forget it, it works.

2- About Healers and missing texts about descriptions. When 1 appears it tooks texts from enginneers, and a random name like Healer2. We all know about it. This can be easily fixed adding the propper list in CIV4GameText_GPM file; but my doubt is if its stated on another file the code for making it works, or i can simply copy and add my own descriptions to text file and it should work or i need modify another different file.

Sorry for not communicating before: this week had me running everywhere IRL.

I've uploaded a first file to google drive called RifE 1.41+Max's Mekara+FF 0.31.7z
It's a first try of a complete version so:
- forgive (and report) any errors :p
- for people who had difficulties downloading the mod from previous locations, tell me if you can access it, and the download speed.

@Naponroy: I read your post last week from holidays abroad (hotel wifi+smartphone :woohoo:) and really enjoyed your ideas.
- Mod naming: you gave me more good words. Putting them together to create an awesome title is so much more difficult than solving bugs :D (/me has geek=true but literacy=false)
- 1a) barbarians were weakened by The Flame8 to help AIs, as you guessed. I'll check invasion rules.
- 1b) Never checked animal age. Will look at it next game.
- 2) My e-mail is in a PM for you, so you can send screenshots/saves/txt corrections easily. If you want writing access to the bug spreadsheet, tell me.
- 3) didn't touch AI. (and never played on deity.) I read that AIs are aggressive when AC is high, and if alignments are different.
- 4) Hadn't any MP OOS error since last version (RifE 1.41+FF 0.3)
- 5) see point 2) Any help gladly appreciated (I think .txt or .odt will be)
- 6) will check that too.

@Rodge: thanks for helping.
- forest chopped without bronze working: shouldn't happen. Will check
- mines can be built from the beginning: it's a feature. With Mining tech, a worker will create the mine quicker. The description will be added to the mine article in civpedia (field is currently empty)
- Destroying a forest (without bronze working) via building a mine: You're right. Shouldn't happen.

@Amon Ra:
2) I'll read that file to see how strings are called.

Couple of bugs to look at

1. Playing as Keelyn of Balseraphs. Built Loki and summoned a puppet. Puppet never seems to get dismissed and was still ingame 50+ turns later.
2. I can build roads and mines from the beginning. But if I build a road/mine on gold/gems - I don't get the happiness benefit until I research mining. Similar, I can build a camp on deer but I don't get the health benefit until I research hunting. Is this intentional?

Minor enhancement request:
3. When creating a custom game, is it possible in future to list the leaders alphabetically? In RiFE, there's a lot of leaders (a good thing, of course!) and it's tricky to find the one I'm looking for :)

And a general query:
4. Is there any way to disable guilds? I disliked corporations in BTS and would really rather do without guilds. BTS had the option to disable them. FFH didn't have them, hence no option, which is why I guess that the option is missing from RiFE?

1. Playing as Keelyn of Balseraphs. Built Loki and summoned a puppet. Puppet never seems to get dismissed and was still ingame 50+ turns later.
I never played Balseraphs (creepy clowns, bah! :mad:)
Are you sure the puppets should despawn at the end of the turn? I see no mention of it, and would think they behave like skeletons (death I, permanent) opposed to specters (death II, 1 turn)
Edit: I realize that civpedia lacks info about summoning duration.
Argh, more work:D

2. I can build roads and mines from the beginning. But if I build a road/mine on gold/gems - I don't get the happiness benefit until I research mining. Similar, I can build a camp on deer but I don't get the health benefit until I research hunting. Is this intentional?
I think the bonus should be active when the improvement is completed.

Minor enhancement request:
3. When creating a custom game, is it possible in future to list the leaders alphabetically? In RiFE, there's a lot of leaders (a good thing, of course!) and it's tricky to find the one I'm looking for :)
To get an idea of how the order works, I did a quick check of several mods:
- Civ4BTS: leaders are sorted alphabetically
- Civ4 Dune: seems random
- Civ4 Final Frontier: seems random
- Civ4 RifE: leaders sorted by their default civ. (5 Bannor leaders, 2 Malakim leaders, ...), and civs are sorted alphabetically, except for 3 at the end (modules??)

Quick tip: After you expand the leader list, you can hit the first letter of his name repeatedly until the correct one shows.

If I understand the list order, I'll change it.
edit: Understood. It's the XML order, in \Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

And a general query:
4. Is there any way to disable guilds? I disliked corporations in BTS and would really rather do without guilds. BTS had the option to disable them. FFH didn't have them, hence no option, which is why I guess that the option is missing from RiFE?
Errrrrr ... no idea right now.

Are you sure the puppets should despawn at the end of the turn? I see no mention of it, and would think they behave like skeletons (death I, permanent) opposed to specters (death II, 1 turn)
Sorry to make more work for you :)

In FFH2 and other mods, puppets were originally treated as normal summons with either 1 turn summons (without summoner trait) or 3 turn (with summoner trait). Thol's MNAI mod is removing the ability to affect puppets with the summoner trait in his next patch, some other mods already have. But I've never known puppets to be a permanent summon.

The original problem was that with 3 turn summoner trait, 1 mage with death 2 could:
turn 1: summon 1 puppet, puppet summons 1 spectre
turn 2: summon 1 puppet, first and new puppet summons 1 spectre - total 3 spectres
turn 3: summon 1 puppet, first, second and new puppets summon 1 spectre - total 6 spectres.
turn 4: first puppet disappears, first spectre disappears. summon 1 puppet. Second, third and new puppets summon 1 spectre - total 8 spectres.
turn 5 and beyond - you keep rolling your summons and you always have 3 puppets and 9 spectres from a single mage. Twincasting archmages got even more ridiculous :eek:

This of course wouldn't be possible in RiFE, you can only seem to summon 1 puppet at any one time. Maybe it's a RiFE specific change that's made them permanent summons (after all, they now have an inherent spell failure chance) - so perhaps it's not actually a bug at all and we can disregard it. Or even just change the bug to "lack of detail on puppet mechanics in civpedia" :)

Thanks for the quick tip on leader picking - didn't realise I could just flip through the list pressing the first letter!

I think that Lokes puppet is kind of special by intent:

Lokes puppet remains if:

- On own (or allied?) territory
- On same tile as Loke

If not, a 5-turn timer starts, and when that reaches zero the puppet despawns.

As a long-time Balseraph player it would be kind of annoying to have to spawn Lokes puppet every turn ;-)

Any chance whale resource from FFH2 makes a come back, as a resource hog I kind of like all the different resources awailable in Civilization games (and mods) even if they have no purpose.

I think the bonus should be active when the improvement is completed.

Nope, bonus is active when you research key tech for it. Mines and other improves can be build only for giving extra hammers/food/gold, but special resources needs tech.

The new file you posted, (1.41 + Mekara + 371 etc)

Is that okay to instal over an existing game that was up to date? If installing from scratch, is it to be installed after the initial 1.4 installation?

The new file you posted, (1.41 + Mekara + 371 etc)

Is that okay to instal over an existing game that was up to date? If installing from scratch, is it to be installed after the initial 1.4 installation?

Errr,
I'm not sure which part of my description wasn't detailed enough.
Edit: I just changed a few sentences if my first post in case that helps. If not, tell me :)

To sum it up:
I posted 2 files: 1 big (760MB) and one small patch (1.6 MB).

The big one does not need RifE, while the small one requires at least 1.41. (if you installed Max's Mekara and/or Final Fixes 0.3 after 1.41, it's ok too).

If you have 1.4 and want to upgrade, you can:
- update to 1.41 and then use my small patch file. (paragraph Patch Installation)
or
- delete RifE and install the big file (paragraph Complete Installation)

hi there, haven't posted in a very(!) long time... a bug i've noticed is that birthright regained doesn't seem to reset the world spell. i've tried as calabim and grigori.

Top Bottom