Optimal time to attack CS and Civs - Dom Vic

Prozac1964

Warlord
Hi everyone, playing Mongolia, warlord, for a dom vic. But I really need to learn the protocol and process of attacking CSs and Civs. When is the best time to start attacking?

I've taken one capital already, but that was because he DOW on me, and one CS, I have my own capital and two cities that I founded nearby. Sooooo, I'm just trying to learn the smart way to attack and set up for attack.

Thanks for any help. :)

I really don't understand how to use Mongolia's ability. The game has harsh disincentives for attacking city states, the city states are settled in poor locations so they aren't valuable to annex/puppet.

On attacking CSes: Don't attack CSes. Although it may be smart to declare an eternal war on the first one you meet, as you can use it for worker and exp gathering. Make sure not to take that one, though.

On attacking CSes: Don't attack CSes. Although it may be smart to declare an eternal war on the first one you meet, as you can use it for worker and exp gathering. Make sure not to take that one, though.

Are you saying that I should just Declare War on one CS and then just leave it alone in suspension and never actually take it?

Are you saying that I should just Declare War on one CS and then just leave it alone in suspension and never actually take it?

If you want to use it to farm exp for your units and steal occasional workers. You can get well promoted units with little/no risk before sending them off to fight.

Otherwise declare very early, steal a worker and then make peace. Don't declare again on a CS or you'll get a big diplo hit with every CS. (This is for declaring war directly on a CS. When you declare on a civ and its CS allies declare war there's no penalty with CS because the CS declares war on you)

You can remain in perpetual war with CS by DoWing a civ who has allies and annihilate the civ. You can make peace with the CS at any time.

Top Bottom