Final Fixes Reborn

I don't have the save where barbarians had it but it was after turn 20 and when I captured it nothing special happened, I just gained control of it.

I reloaded the save where I spawned 6 turns away from the Guardian and tested a bit more. I kept the fort commander there until turn 21 and that didn't cause anything to spawn. I then deleted the commander and moved my scout next to the Guardian and the Gargoyles spawned on the Guardian while it was still under my control.

With this in mind it may be possible that in the save where I thought barbarians gaining control of the Guardian had caused the Gargoyles not to spawn, the Gargoyles had been spawned and killed somehow. I don't know how that would've happened as the only nearby civ was Lanun with archers as their strongest units and the triforce promotions were nowhere to be seen.

Thanks for the new update!

Bug note.

First game as Calabim my great healer doesn't live up to his namesake. He doesn't seem to be able to actually heal anyone, living or otherwise. He was able to cleanse a plague victim though thankfully.

Also twice now have triggered "a powerful enemy arises" when exploring ruins/labs on the map only to have nothing pop up. I also had scouts in the area to confirm it wasn't a large powerful hidden spider etc.

@acestealth: I got a great healer in my last game. He was able to remove the diseased promotion from a unit, and to heal a wounded unit
Which negative promotion were you trying to remove?

For the lair exploration, it could have been one of the invisible units (assassins...).
This text could appear for two different sorts of lairs. I'll change slightly one of the sentences. If the bug repeats, you'll just have to paste or screenshot the exact text appearing, and I'll know where to look at in the code.

@Nor'easter: You told me 2 months ago :p (24 october)
I haven't found yet what part of the help makes some tiles "broken". :'(

@Ronkhar

The healer in my game wasn't trying to remove any negative status. Just heal wounded units. Could it have something to do with the new healer names I think I saw added?

As for the two instances of great enemies arising from lairs I never see. I was also never attacked by anything at all even while remaining in the area with juicy targets. Not sure if its of any consequence, but I was poping the lairs with a keeper from the Keepers of Noggormotha module.

@Nor'easter: You told me 2 months ago :p (24 october)
I haven't found yet what part of the help makes some tiles "broken". :'(

I didn't remember having reported this before -- I must have saved the earlier screenshot in a different folder from the most recent one, or I would have been reminded. Sorry.

Hello, I just love this mod. I always keep reinstalling civ 4 to play Fall from Heaven, Rise from Erebus, and now Ashes of Erebus :)

I already played a lot. But now I got a problem. When I end the turn, the game keeps loading, but nothing happens anymore. I dont get any errors. I still can move around the map, open menues, but it is still waiting for some civs to do their actions and loading, and nothing happens anymore, no matter how long I'm waiting.

I got a save from 3 turns before, but no matter what I'm doing, it always happens at turn 187. I think some civ is doing something that creates a loop or something. Is there any waya I can get a logfile or just see what is happening? I tried around with the debug tool, but I couldnt show any errors or logs.

There are several files of logs in the following folder C:\Users\Your_name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs
PythonErr.log is often a good first choice to check for an error message.

By default, some errors ingame are "invisible"
To get a popup when they occur (can be annoying if always active), before launching the game,
change these booleans in the following file C:\Users\Your_name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini

; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1
; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

ah thanks, I'm going to try that to see where the error is :)

I got another question, I just wasnt able to find the answer anywhere on the internet:

Loki raided nearly all dungeons and ruins, and he got sooo many items by now. I just wonder how I can get them? I know there is no way to kill loki. I just wonder, when I kill the whole civilization and Loki is dead, will he drop his equipment, or are all Items lost forever that Loki get? He got aaaall these wonderfull equipment in the game and I want them soo badly :)

I "think" Loki can be killed if completely surrounded.
If he dies, he "should" drop equipment and potions.
If I ever spot Loki near my territory, I put my whole economy into finding and killing the Balseraphs. I hate him so much :D

I don't really know for AoE, but in all other oppus of FFH, loki is killable in two situations:
-when surrounded on 8 sides by unpassable tiles : ennemy or mountain or ocean.
-when defending in a city.

at those moments he'll die and drop the items

I have just found an posting in the Rise from erebus forum by the developer, saying that Loki cant be killed in Rise from Erebus by surrounding or defending in city anymore. So I'm not sure about Ashes of Erebus ;) But I will try it soon.

ok... so my information is outdated :D

AoE compatible version of Panivo module issued.

Just a thought regarding Loki. Can he be killed via 100% limit direct damage spells? If so, perhaps you can manage to take him out with a Subdued Drake or something. Of course, if one of the pieces of equipment he managed to acquire happens to be the Hauberk of Abjuration... :lol:

Anyway, the longstanding bug with equipment that's in a city as it's captured being destroyed is still around. Has any further work been done on tracking down and fixing that?

And of course, as always, thank you all for continuing to work on this excellent mod(modmodmod?)!

Loki is immune to magic.

Sorry to interrupting your Loki-thread ))
game totally freezes by... anything! Playing for Mekara. Freezes when selecting another unit, when move unit, when force-endturn. Any sugestions? ver.14.11

Surprise! When moved overseer with 5 slugas to haunted land I get numerous amount of slugas in tile and -843 gold (which is strange since they are free)...

Surprise! When moved overseer with 5 slugas to haunted land I get numerous amount of slugas in tile and -843 gold (which is strange since they are free)...

Doing that in a game of mine broke the game due to overflow error of some sort. Basically keep all slugas well away from haunted lands if you want to play.

Loki is immune to magic.

If he's immune to magic and conventionally unkillable - or, really, just conventionally unkillable - he should be blocked from lair exploration. I could have sworn he WAS, actually.

Top Bottom