[DISCUSSION] European nations with multiple leaders

Isabelxxx

Prince
European nations have just 1 leader available in any game, so the English King can be only "English King", etc.

I propose to add multiple leaders to European Nations so you can choose (or assign randomly) one amongst the list of available leaders for that "Mother" Nation.

For ex: New Spain can choose to have Bolivar & San Martin as leaders. Spain (Europe) could have Isabella or Felipe II for ex.

XML:

In civ4civilizationsinfo.xml
Code:
			<Leaders>
				<Leader>
					<LeaderName>LEADER_SPANISH_KING_FELIPEII</LeaderName>
					<bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>
				</Leader>
				<Leader>
					<LeaderName>LEADER_SPANISH_KING_ISABELLA</LeaderName>
					<bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>
				</Leader>
			</Leaders>

Actually adding 2 leaders to European Nations does nothing in game (we can only choose leaders for colonies), it requires some DLL changes so the game would check if the European Nation has more than 1 available leader and then:

1)It would allow us to choose which king we want.

or

2)Choose one of them randomly. (I like this, it makes games unpredictable and funny)

This is an easy change with many possibilities (if we add specific traits to different leaders, etc.)

This is excellent idea. I actually thought about this myself.

Only thing is that the european leaders should have some traits that are beneficial to them and challenging for the player.

2) i think the random assignment of european leader would be better, it would be weird if you could choose leader for others.

This is a very good idea, Isabelxx.
We have a similar project for DoaNE, but more complex and far enough to release. We believe, with M07, the new king would be an important asset.
We'll talk about our project in some time.

Spoiler :
C'est une très bonne idée, Isabelxx.
Nous avons un projet similaire pour DoaNE, mais plus complexe et pour version assez éloignée. Nous pensons, avec M07, que le changement de Roi serait un atout important.
Nous reparlerons de notre projet dans quelques temps.

2)Choose one of them randomly. (I like this, it makes games unpredictable and funny)
As Dazio has written, we have a similar project for DoaNE. We would like our King (or Queen) could be different during a same game. So sometimes, we could have a nice majesty or sometimes not. The kings traits would be changed of course.

That's even a better idea. In that case I will start creating the leaderheadsinfo.cml & collecting the graphics so as soon it¡s done we only need to to add a few lines in civilizationinfo.xml and done.

I think It will be heavy if we stay with their system.
We could remove the nif and just add simple picture.
We must think about it before to begin to work.
But as I said, It is not my priority yet. So we have the time!

Well I don't think it will be too heavy, at least in a sense. Think about it...

The file size of the mod will be bigger, that's obvious. But the game will not load all the leaderheads at the same time so it should not affect the performance playing.

Have in mind that at any point there will be only 1 leader per European nation active so in fact the game will load the same amount of LHs that now: 1 per nation Then we change the leader and the game change the LH to load, the amount of LHs loaded is constant.

Anyway this is easily exchangeable, you should not think more about that problem. So if anyone wants LHs it only requires to download an extra file, copy the LHs files and 1 XML file, if anyone wants images, the same.

the game will not load all the leaderheads at the same time so it should not affect the performance playing.
I know that, but the problem is I wanted to have a fifteen of kings in one game for one european. That means we must have 15 * 6 (England, Portugal, Spain, France, Netherland, Italy) kings, the mod would be consequently very heavy!!

haha... well you can split the files or offer animated LHs as an alternative download and use pictures by default.

Also, you could share the files using torrent. Really useful for this type of big files...

Top Bottom