Is C3C universal now ?

kryszcztov

Deity
This is the incompatibility guy again. :goodjob:

I've just re-installed the game as shown below :

- Civ3 vanilla from my French CD ;
- C3C from my French CD, set up in French language ;
- beta patch 1.15 in French ;

At this point, the whole installation is in French, and Civ3 is up to 1.29f, PTW up to 1.27f, C3C up to 1.15.

Now I download a mod made in English from this site, it's got a .biq and a Civilopedia.txt in it, that I put into the Conquests\Scenarios folder. I run the mod, and of course it's got text in both French and English (as before), but... the game doesn't crash anymore !!! :) Before, with PTW, it would crash whenever I launched an English game that had its rules modified (like GOTMs). This now seems gone. But I'm not 100% sure of that, because I can't recall what exactly would cause the game to crash.

I'd like some people to express their point of view on this subject, and I'd like to know if some European people that don't have English versions at all share my conclusion : C3C is compatible with the rest of the world ! :goodjob:

P.S. : If I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize in advance.

Is someone at least is interested by what I say, here is a link where I explain my previous annoyment. If you own a foreign version of the game, please tell me about what you have encountered so far with C3C. Tanks a lot. :)

when Civ3 was isolationist...

Usually the game would only crash if there was a modified Pediaicons.txt in the mod, as that would tell the game to look for unit folders with english names instead of the french unit names. Are you saying that the problems is fixed for mods that have Pediaicons.txt files too? :confused:

Yes, Isak, you're right, I hadn't a new PediaIcons file when I tested my thing... And guess what ? I've just downloaded a little mod (in English) with PediaIcons and Civilopedia files, and the game just crashed just when loading the map... :mad:

So it's a false joy in my posts above, and a wasted thread.

Well, now I don't want to go back to the English version again, so I'll stay stuck with my French one. I may say this to Tavis et al. but it's almost a lost cause. :( I wasn't going to play lots of mods anyway, but now I won't play any at all.

And if I ever make my mod someday, I'll have to make the work twice ? :eek: Damn it.

Top Bottom